It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Out of Body Experience, ever have one? Im not sure

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 02:35 AM
link   
When I was 12 I was in the Hospital to have my tonsills and addnoids takin out. When I was waking up, but before I was even close to bein Awake, I was flippin out, I punched 2 nurses and was thrashing about, they had to restrain me, and they put pading on the bars on the bed.

The strange thing was, I was watching it all unfold, and at some point I realized it was Me. It was as if I was on the ceiling looking down at the room an the bed and Me laying there, I could see the nurses, and me flipping out. I watched them restrain me, I was aware I was in a recovery room from sugery, there were other beds with people in them, I remember the nurses desk, the lights were on, there was a clock but I couldn't quite make it out because I seemed to be halfway in the ceiling. This went on for some time, I would assume about ten minutes, but I noticed I was moving closer to my body, and I kept thinkin, Why am I flippin out?, and Why can't I stop it? Anyway this continued untill I Reentered my body, then I remember looking at the clock, I looked at a nurse that I punched, and she said that If I behaved I could goto my Room. As soon as I reentered my body I completely calmed down, well the nurses had me outta there in like six minutes on my way back to my hospital room.

This happened 24 years ago, but it still haunts me. I feel like It was my soul that had left my body, and thats why my body was flippin out.

Well I would love some input here.

Was it a hallusination brought on by anistisia?

Was it really a out of body experience?

peace

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 04:04 AM
link   
Your experience sounds very much like an OBE to me.

They are not uncommon in medical situations, I think it has to do with the chemicals used to knock you out. Your physical reaction I would attribute to the OBE happening in a rather unnatural sort of way. It may sound strange to use 'unnatural' in this context but I think it fits.

During a normal OBE your body is asleep, and your perceptions are free to roam about. Your experience does illustrate the complications that can come from achieving certain states via chemical means. Since your body was not properly asleep as it should be, it was acting as it was because of the fear you felt, or at least some part of you felt.

Normally when we Dream or are in an OBE, our body goes into a form of 'Lock Down' where most of our normal physical actions are not possible. Sometimes this state extends for a bit after we begin to wake, when this happens we call it 'sleep paralysis'. You were out of your body, but because of the chemicals your body was not locked down, hence the physical reactions.

Your soul was quite safe, I realize how scary it must have been at the time but you were never in any real danger. Some people spend years of effort to achieve what happened to you accidentally.

A.T
(-)

[edit on 9/10/05 by Alexander Tau]

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Thank you for the post. The fear part creaped in later, While it was happening I was or felt very calm, an completely aware. Just couldn't figure out why I was, or my body was freakin out, I don't think at fiirst I realized it was me laying there, but soon I did, it felt a little disconcerting.

Its the only time it has happened to me that im aware of

It kinda creeps me out since im having surgery again on 9/22. So its been on my mind.. If it happens again Im gonna try to realize this is what happening, and try and enjoy it...experiment so to speak.

peace

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 08:31 PM
link   
sounds like an oobe to me too. I think when we're younger it's much easier for us to accomplish oobe's unconsciously. My first experience was at age 16 and it happened accidentally, scared the crap out of me, but it's an experience that will always stay with me.

and good luck with your upcoming surgery, hope you have a speedy recovery.

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 08:57 PM
link   
My sister has OBEs all the time. She's gotten so she can control it sometimes. When you said you were halfway in the ceiling, it sound't just like many of her experiences. I agree with the others that you probably had one.

If it does happen again, just remind yourself that you are all right and nothing bad is going to happen.

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 11:52 PM
link   
It is highly unlikely that this will happen again, unless of course you have been attempting to learn OBE techniques since then. Since you did not mention it I am assuming you have not.

As we grow older we accumulate experiences, we learn about the Laws of Science, and basically what does, and does not happen to us. More important we begin to believe we understand what can and cannot happen. And so we slowly close the door on experiences such as you had when you were a child and your mind was open.

I wanted to mention that there are a couple of things you can do if you wish to remove the fear that has come to be associated with this memory. You might find that doing so would allow you to remember details that have become cloudy over time. If you are interested feel free to U2U me and we can discuss it.

I too wish you well and hope you have a speedy recovery.

A.T
(-)

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 01:01 AM
link   
I Fear the surgery[even its a simple procedure] Much more than I fear the OBE that may or may not happen. I hope it does and Mentaly Im thinking about it in hopes it does happen. Im focusing on Recognizing it if/when it happens, and looking foreward to it if it does.

Thanks for the replys and support

I will keep yyou informed it/when it happens, its a fasinating subject and it reminds me of things like spirit quests...ect. Im part Native American[cherokee] But im not really familiar with their rites or rituals/culture.

Im Really intersted how my Body reacts.

peace

u2u's are allways welcome

[edit on 11-9-2005 by LDragonFire]

new topics

top topics

join