It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

All I can say is...

page: 1
0

log in

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 12:00 AM
link   
This is yet another reason FEMA should be disbanded. The more I read about FEMA's screwups and how the people who needed help the most didn't get it the more my blood pressure rises.



la2

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 12:03 AM
link   
its difficult in these situations to do it right, even harder when due to the size of USA the government involes many departments, it needs to disband FEMA and reexamine how to come up with a body that can handle to responsibility.



posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Okay get rid of FEMA. What now? Trust everything to DHS?

The better idea would be to make it a cabinet level org again.



posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by la2
its difficult in these situations to do it right, even harder when due to the size of USA the government involes many departments, it needs to disband FEMA and reexamine how to come up with a body that can handle to responsibility.
I can understand where the feds would have jurisdiction because Katrina affected multiple states, but still, the Three Stooges could have done a better job.

In addition, the useless mayor of New Orleans and their even more useless governor of Louisiana need to be held accountable.



posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Hasnt the FEMA chief Brown been recalled to Washington and his role handed over to a National Guard General? Didn't I just see Bush days ago tell Brown that he is doing "a heck of a job"?

WTF is going on over there?



posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
Okay get rid of FEMA. What now? Trust everything to DHS?

The better idea would be to make it a cabinet level org again.
How about giving the states jurisdiction?



posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by PowerMac

Originally posted by FredT
Okay get rid of FEMA. What now? Trust everything to DHS?

The better idea would be to make it a cabinet level org again.
How about giving the states jurisdiction?


States do, they usually have to ask FEMA in.



posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by cargo
Hasnt the FEMA chief Brown been recalled to Washington and his role handed over to a National Guard General? Didn't I just see Bush days ago tell Brown that he is doing "a heck of a job"?

WTF is going on over there?
Nothing sane, in my opinion.



posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by FredT

Originally posted by PowerMac

Originally posted by FredT
Okay get rid of FEMA. What now? Trust everything to DHS?

The better idea would be to make it a cabinet level org again.
How about giving the states jurisdiction?


States do, they usually have to ask FEMA in.
Oh?

See, this is my point: there is no plan on how to handle these situations and who has jurisdiction. I don't want FEMA or the Department of Homeland Unsecurity involved.



posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 12:24 AM
link   
what would be more efficient is to completely integrate fema into dhs and then create a new department .... department of homeland relief that would exist ONLY for disaster relief and let dhs concentrate on the evil terrorists...

the new department would oversee red cross and salvation army, all the various charities and relief groups.
they would still have the power to have regional management but any major relief effort would be coordinated by DHR



posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Patriot36
what would be more efficient is to completely integrate fema into dhs and then create a new department .... department of homeland relief that would exist ONLY for disaster relief and let dhs concentrate on the evil terrorists...

the new department would oversee red cross and salvation army, all the various charities and relief groups.
they would still have the power to have regional management but any major relief effort would be coordinated by DHR


But it's the integration that has screwed up FEMA during the last few years. It was integrated with the DHS a few years back under the leadership of Joe Allbaugh. During his two year blunderment while being the head of FEMA he was the one who controlled the incorporation of FEMA into the DHS under Bush's reorganization of Military, Law Enforcement, FBI, etc. Then he also redirected the primary focus of FEMA over to Terrorism and WMD Attacks.

Bush designates Allbaugh FEMA director, Rove as senior White House adviser
archives.cnn.com...

Allbaugh BTW also had no previous experience in Emergency Management or even any past employment in that area, let alone controlling it all. But after his two years mucking things up for his buddy Bush, he left and his job as FEMA director went to Brown. Oddly enough Brown was Allbaugh's College Roommate and both Brown and Allbaugh just happened to be campain people for Team Bush's elections.

Allbaugh then went on to start his own business which was basically about making a profit off the Iraq War. He then became a lobbyist for Halliburton for the KBR subsidiary. Again he is in position to profit greatly off of the disaster management, or perhaps I should say, disaster mis-management.
Former FEMA chief Allbaugh in the middle
www.hillnews.com...

I'll make you a bet right here and now too. Just keep an eye on where Brown goes next in his employment. While he deserves to get the position of cleaning up dung from rat cages, I'll bet you dollars to doughnuts he ends up being some top executive of Halliburton or Subsidiary, or some other Top position in a company run buy Bush & Company which he'll then mismanage that job too. It will happen I promise you. Just be patient and attentive cause it will happen quietly after the media has forgot about him.

That is how it all works ya see. It's not the performance that is required by these people, but thier loyalty, like henchmen. What's important is that they carry out orders which cause failure and make more profit for their bosses. Just like organized crime really, only they don't hide their actions, only their intentions. Mob is the other way around, they make it very well known that their making a "hit" on someone, but hide all action of them doing it. In both cases however, it is your loyalty to the "organization" and doing what your told, especially if it means doing some sick and twisted stuff. But if you do it, you will be rewarded afterwards by the higher ups.

[edit on 10-9-2005 by mOjOm]



posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Good points, mOjOm.



new topics

top topics



 
0

log in

join