It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fantasy Job

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 10:14 PM
link   
What job do you want? What job, if you could get paid for it, would you do?

I wish I could some how go back to high school NJROTC, they would welcome me back, with my time in active duty time in service they would make me a Rear Admiral (Upper Half) in NJROTC, then they would ask me would you like to teach, assistant teach or head-up a Navy, Marine or General Military Museum anywhere in Southern California and we'll pay you $62,000 a year (Salary), I would say thank you! and take the Museum Curator Job and head-up The Veteran's Museum of San Diego. Collect a stuff from American Involvement in the Spanish Civil War to the Current War in Iraq. I would make-up Pseudo-Military training (marching and acting tough, but not really). Spend all day at the park, a cross between outside and inside. Perfect! I stay there until I die an ancient age.

Well, this is what I was thinking about during the Change of Command ceremony shortly before I got dizzy and almost passed out..

This made me think, I believe I am going to take a course in Non-Profit Business Management or Funeral Direction, so some day, a portion of this daydream becomes real.

Anways, what's you dream job?

[edit on 9-9-2005 by Godzilla1985]

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I already have my dream job. Housewife and mother.

I'm serious.

Free room and board, someone to sleep with every night. All I have to do is take care of the place and our 3-year-old.

Not a bad life at all. I have my own vehicle so I can go just about anywhere I want, I'm not chained to some desk or production line...I'm where I want to be.

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 04:10 AM
link   
My dream job would be to have the skills to be a cryptographer and translate ancient cuneiform tablets or something...be the first person to figure out what they're saying, and stuff. It'd be like solving puzzles all the time and getting paid for it. Finding out how the people thought, lived, etc....ancient civilizations. Of course, I would have to be allowed to do this on my own schedule and wherever I chose to do it...a comfortable spot, with food, drink, etc. Awwww....that'd be my dream job!

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Something we will always look for is a dream job.

Action Dream Jobs..
SEAL operative, L.A. SWAT, Marine RECON, Airborne Ranger, Green Beret, Fighter Pilot, Apache Pilot, Fleet Marine Force, SORT, etc
All of which is achieveable for most people (Given age, Education, mental and physical strength and endurance).

Office Dream Jobs...
Museum or Art Curator, CEO, CFO, Corporate President,

Political Dream Jobs...
President, Prime Minister, Governor, Senator, Mayor, Congress Person

Professional Sports..ALL!! You name it!

Media...Whom wouldn't want to be a top Selling Author, Actor, Actress, Pop Star, Rock Star, Rap Star or just a Big Star!??

Why would I choose Museum Curator as my dream job....
The Action jobs envolve alot of physical activity and mental strength, I don't have it. I get enough office politics, so Politics is out. Professional Sports.. nah... Media.. I don't want or like the attention.

I look at Art and Museum curators, they usually hold Ph.D, Doctorial Degrees. All of them have a minimum of a Masters Degree in something.

Back on my Dream...job..

My Museum, you walk inside and you at assaulted with the sense of "I've just been drafted in the military!" and "This was a mistake!", they way it's made, you'll have to walk through the whole thing. You'll see stuff from All branches of the Military from all time periods, weapons (disabled weapons of course), photos, Their will be a banquet hall with refreshments..There you will meet veterans, Gold Star Wives and Mothers and Girlfriends, High School ROTC students, Then you wind your way through the second half of the museum, which will be dedicated to ouor allies, the British! Among other stuff from other nations...When you leave you'll be like "I am glad to be an American!",
My plan would be....
Free admission for Active Duty, Reserve, Retired, Dependants, Gold Star families, most active duty foreign military. AND.. The Military Museum Club.. $50 annual for general membership. $40- for Active Duty, Reserve, Retired, Dependants, Gold Star families, ROTC, JROTC, Prior Service (With DD 214 documentation). At the club we'd have an Army rank structure.
We would all have fun..

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Hrm, my dream job isint that amazing to most. I'd be plenty happy being a lead developer for some software project, say a browser (ie Firefox), server (ie Apache Web Server) or anything else open source bascially. Get a modest pay, enough to afford weekends in the mountains hiking and hunting when the season comes. And of course the option later to take a managment position once the CTS kicked in hard and made it difficult to bang out code.

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 01:20 AM
link   
My dream job would be as a private investigator. I like to find out about people and their secrets. I'm just nosey that way

[edit on 9/12/05 by eeper69]

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 01:45 AM
link   
my dream job FBI female body inspector.

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Well...obviously...international rockstar!

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 08:29 AM
link   
My husband's dream job is World Dictator. But his would be a benevolent rule. He'd kick out BushCo and I think he'd dismantle the UN.

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 08:09 AM
link   
There are guys in Guam that get paid to deflower virgins...

I'm serious....

Sounds like a pretty good gig....

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
There are guys in Guam that get paid to deflower virgins...

I'm serious....

Sounds like a pretty good gig....

What if them thar virgins are 85 and wrinkled? Do you get extra pay?

D'ya still want the job?

My dream jobs (in no particular order):

Librarian
Museum curator
Pathologist
Writer

(Like there's any surprise there...)

Or, actually, being a volunteer advocate for various groups...which I already do.

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Freelance gynecologist

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Anything that involves me piloting a spaceship.

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Star and Executive producer of my own television show.

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I have two I'd like, and one I've already got:

1) Running and owning a software/web development firm. Doing this right now
Not exactly Microsoft, but it's workable.

2) Composer. I already do this as a hobby to an extent, but it'd be great to get paid for it so I could do it full time.

3) College Music Teacher. Not teaching a particular instrument, or music theory or anything, but moreso the "musicianship" qualities. That's something I've found lacking in most of my learning; everyone's so focused on technique, they don't teach how to express yourself. My motto as a pianist always was "I don't play wrong notes, I just interpret differently than the composer." It would have to be college though, or somewhere that the students are actually wanting to learn--I'm no good at convincing people they should learn a subject.

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amethyst
My husband's dream job is World Dictator. But his would be a benevolent rule. He'd kick out BushCo and I think he'd dismantle the UN.

Dang that's my Dream Job too - hmmm maybe we can each get a hemisphere?

I'll call Northern!

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 06:18 PM
link   
My current major is making me depressed; Administration of Justice. I am changing my Major to Fine Arts or Anthropology, I will talk with a college counselor. Then maybe I could get my dream job. All this started because I was in a trance-like state during a dreadfully hot day during a dreadfully boring military ceremony..

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I want to get into graduate school for Chemistry, get a PhD in Biological Analytical Chemistry or Organic Analytical Chemistry, work as a chemical analyst for the government and design methods to detect chemical and biological weapons. When I retire from that I want to teach high school chemstry.

As far as getting paid, well, I WANT to get paid $1.5 bazzilion gajillion per year, but in actuality the job would pay $70,000 to $120,000, depending on seniority.

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 01:23 PM
link   

What if them thar virgins are 85 and wrinkled? Do you get extra pay?

N/A...they're paid because the men there won't marry virgins.... I highly doubt they'd be 85...but then, I suppose hazard pay could be involved...

Poor Anna Nicole, she got cheated out of her hazard pay......

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 01:24 PM
link   
[work as a chemical analyst for the government and design methods to detect chemical and biological weapons]

So... u wanna be a tool for the man?

You might wanna check the life expectancies for chemists in jobs like that...

(the govt. don't give a shiznit what you get exposed to)

However the pay should be pretty good if thats your main concern..

Enjoy betraying Humanity!

[edit on 15-9-2005 by TruthMagnet]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join