It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Great Ramadan Offensive

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 06:18 PM
link   
So here we are. The 4th anniversary of 9-11. Another threat of terrorism during the observance of Ramadan. The article says that there is credible evidence to suggest that major attacks are in planning for an "offensive" via Al Qaida in Europe, Iraq and USA.

Is this more scaremongering (although it is not in any mainstream media?) or is it a valid point and article?

It seems to me that there is more evidence to support this in the article than the run of the mill "no specific information" and such. However, I am not sure how well the article is written in terms of it's soluable content.

Please let me know if there is more info on this.

Great Ramadan Offensive

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 07:05 PM
link   
World Nut ran an article too so i wouldnt worry...

nothin is going to happen, there will NOT be any nuke Detenation. Somthing would have been on a major news station or some crazy country would have done somthin instead of sitting still waiting for it to happen, espeacially russia.

all that will happen for years to come would be a possible car bomb, maybe some sort of non leathl chem/bio attack which will not achieve their "american streets running with blood" or a pay back for hiroshima.\

i did recieve this email, i sent an email jsut for the heck of it to someone of somehwat importance. his email did not get back to me but there just so happened to be an email answering the question from another address.

"It's a real tough situation. Lots of intelligence indicates Bin Laden purchased nukes. However, I still think he would have used them by now. Although, I could be wrong. Tactical nukes generally blow up a city block. If you're surrounded by higher ground, you should be relatively fine. The blasts aren't that big. Personally, potassium iodine pills to protect the thyroid from radiation exposure is something I intend to purchase. You have to keep living your life--there's no way to know if the nukes will be succesfully detonated, if they're really here, or if you'll even be killed by them. So, take some preparations but don't live waiting for an attack."

basically asked how much should i take seriously since i live and work in the middle of a major city listed for an attack.

sorry about the typing im in a hurry

[edit on 9-9-2005 by whskybarjd67]

[edit on 9-9-2005 by whskybarjd67]

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Terrorist leaders may also have taken the devastation wrought by hurricane Katrina as a symbol that God is pleased with their plans to launch the "Great Ramadan Offensive," according to the GIS report.

"Allah has punished America with winds and water," said one imam quoted in the report. America is under "the curse of the Jews," said another.

www.aina.org...

Sounds like more dog barking to me.

[edit on 9-9-2005 by Regenmacher]

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 08:07 PM
link   
You know looking that tommorrow is the 4th anniversary of 9-11, I kinda of doubt anything major happening but why would I not attend a pro football game tommorrow even if you gave me tickets!

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 12:54 PM
link   
nothing major is goin to happen for a very long time espeacially on 9/11

1. they wouldnt want to overshadow what their cowerdly "brothers" accomplished on this day, they would do it another day.

2. if they wanted to have a major attack it would occur during rush hour of a work week when kids are at school, mass confusion.

3. they most likly just do not have the means for such an attack. if this so called plan has been in the works for over 10 years, wouldnt it be poor planning/risk managment to have the 9/11 terrorist attack and then try to launch this so called nuke attack 4 years later due to the difficulty of traveling with a WND.

first of all if you think like a terrorist leader, I would of had the nukes already in the country before the attack. Then waiting another 4 years?? how could a group care for 7 WMDs for 4 years and not slip up or somehow get caught. I mean given the odds somthin random/bad luck would of happened which would somehow get someone caught. its not like they are buying plane tickets or buying box cutters. They are taking care of a dam nuclear weapon inside a super power country.

apparently this guy stole an airplane to use so the bomb can be detonated at the perfect point for destruction, which is a major reason that whole cesna 15 miles outside of the white house was such a big deal. I highly doubt this has already happened, how do you steal an airplane and hold onto it without drawing attention to yourself.

finally its one thing to be patient when all you have are plane tickets, reconnisence on planes, boxe cutters from home depot. But being patient with an illeagle WND is another, something random while transporting the thing accross the country would of happened. i mean a car accident, or care breaking down, getting pulled over, just somthing that happens to anyone in the country at random over a 4 year period would of occured. therefore if it is already in the country it would of been detonated.

but who knows really, this is all assuming it would be more difficult to get a friggen WND into this country after the 9/ll attacks. the point is when thinking about it, its highly highly highly unlikely somthing that major can occur without a hickup in the plan for over 10 years. Car bombs, school shootings, sniper fire, sucide bombers on busses, etc......will most likly happen but nothin of a WND magnatidue.

sorry for spelling, typing, and grammer i know its irritating to read.

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Scaremongering is an absolute brilliant tool to the terrorist's.

What better way to scare people, than on the anniversary of a major disaster?
We, as people of the Western World should know better than to give in to the ridiculous claims made by any faction of these idiots. We are better than that.

Since 9/11, most people have been on constant alert. Even after the London bombings, people are more alert. Its the way human nature works. We don't need some idiot preaching to a video camera, or send voice recordings to make us feel scared. We live with that every day.

They will never beat us into submission, no matter what their intent is.
We are better than any terrorist, lets not forget that.......................

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I cry,"Wolf!!!!"
And everybody runs. No wolf.
I cry, "Wolf!!!!"
I cry, "Wolf!!!!"
I cry, "Wolf!!!!"

And nobody listens.
And the wolf bites their ????

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 01:27 PM
link   
i still feel people need to be concered about car bombs and such, its inevitable and it will happen again, maybe soon. people just hate us so much that they will find a way.

but this whole World Nut Daily crap over the past months is just bull.

again coming back to this WND/Nuke deal. There are jsut to many unkowns and factors which come into play for it to work. its not some back yard pipe bomb. The government by all means should be aware of how to stop them from trying, but the public does not need to be concerned about a nuke. it will not happen by a terrorist bringing it into the country. Unless there is a war and russa or china think it has to balls to get away with it, there will not be a nuke attack on this soil.

[edit on 11-9-2005 by whskybarjd67]

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 07:56 PM
link   
It's hard to run your Ramadan offense when you are cowering in a cave.

posted on Oct, 21 2005 @ 07:50 PM
link   
so this "inevitable" nuke attack story vanished pretty quickly..

posted on Oct, 22 2005 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by whskybarjd67
so this "inevitable" nuke attack story vanished pretty quickly..

Rest assured this story will be back again. It's a proven cash cow.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Ramadan is the 9th month and starts on the 11th day on the Islamic calendar.

Ramadan starts on 9-11 on the Islamic calendar? is there some sort of connection? whoa!

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Month starts on 11th. How .... of you.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ed Sha
Month starts on 11th. How .... of you.

do wha? month starts on the 11th? i thought it was the 9th month on the 11th day that it started.

new topics

top topics

join