It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Real Katrina Conspiracy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Ok, I'll bring out my conspiratorial side here...I think something that has been missed here is the increased calls for more federal power in the wake of Hurricane Katrina. People from both sides of the aisle are saying the Feds should just be able to go into a State and take over everything. I think all this talk about HAARP and other stuff is a smokescreen, the real danger here is an expansion of powers of the federal government to suspend State and personal rights.

[edit on 9/9/2005 by djohnsto77]

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 06:04 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 06:11 PM
link   
OK.
I ain't American, but from the way i see things , is the US government did nothing to prevent the outcome of this catastrophe. Only now are they showing their true colors by ordering the total removal of all citizens from NO.

They are saying its for their own safety, but surely it was their own safety that should have been paramount before "Katrina"?

I think the so called power is acting as instructed. To remove the citizens of NO. They are doing this as we write this.

The fact remains if it is some kind of conspiracy, what exactly are the US government up to?

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Look. There is no conspiracy in hurricane katrina. Only faulty planning and ill preparation. It the the local and state official's fault that the people weren't evacuated, not the federal government's. Scientists had forsaw the catastrophic disaster a direct hurricane hit on New Orleans would cause but the state government and New Orleans officials ignored it because they had been spared so many times.

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Possibly a Smoke screen but maybe not. Guess the CIA could fake a patent to get the masses focused in one direction.

United States Patent 4,686,605
Eastlund August 11, 1987

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Method and apparatus for altering a region in the earth's atmosphere, ionosphere, and/or magnetosphere

Abstract
A method and apparatus for altering at least one selected region which normally exists above the earth's surface. The region is excited by electron cyclotron resonance heating to thereby increase its charged particle density. In one embodiment, circularly polarized electromagnetic radiation is transmitted upward in a direction substantially parallel to and along a field line which extends through the region of plasma to be altered. The radiation is transmitted at a frequency which excites electron cyclotron resonance to heat and accelerate the charged particles. This increase in energy can cause ionization of neutral particles which are then absorbed as part of the region thereby increasing the charged particle density of the region.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventors: Eastlund; Bernard J. (Spring, TX)
Assignee: APTI, Inc. (Los Angeles, CA)
Appl. No.: 690333
Filed: January 10, 1985

Current U.S. Class: 361/231; 89/1.11; 244/158R; 380/59
Intern'l Class: H05B 006/64; H05C 003/00; H05H 001/46
Field of Search: 361/230,231 244/158 R 376/100 89/1.11 380/59

US Patent 4,686,605

MOD EDIT: Long link.

[edit on 9/27/2005 by cmdrkeenkid]

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
the real danger here is an expansion of powers of the federal government to suspend State and personal rights.

[edit on 9/9/2005 by djohnsto77]

Especially now that they are confiscating firearms from citizens (not looters). What next?

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkelf
Especially now that they are confiscating firearms from citizens (not looters). What next?

Looks like repeal of Posse Comitatus.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 9/26/2005 by djohnsto77]

posted on Sep, 27 2005 @ 02:46 AM
link   
The neocons (I'm not saying it would be better with some "hot shot" democrats or anything, perhaps with some people who aren't backed and corrupted by the big corporations and actually want to serve the people) that have hijacked the US government did virtually nothing to help the people still stranded in New Orleans, and they also had FEMA sabotage relief efforts, like denying food, water and other humanitarian support, cutting communication lines etc., just to make the situation worse than it initally was, so that they could beta test their police state. Martial law was not even officially declared, since only the president can declare it, and he didn't.

And now after the looting has stopped and the water has receded, the police and military start forcibly disarming the people still in New Orleans, even the middle-class who live in neighborhoods that weren't even flooded, in order to later forcibly evacuate them without too much resistance, even if they're doctors, nurses, janitors, powerplant workers, or other people vital to the infrastructure.
Isn't this a bit like how the first American civil war/revolutionary war started?

So far, in this New Orleans fiasco, the US gov't has violated the second and fourth amendments, and the Posse Comitatus act, and probably many other laws that I'm not aware of.
They are traitors to the American people and should be dealt with accordingly.

I think you can expect New Orleans all over America within the next 5 to 10 years. If there's a terrorist attack (or a series of them), bird flu epidemic/pandemic, major earthquake etc. you can expect the same kind of response from law enforcement and military. One day they will come knocking on your door (or just breaking it down) asking for your firearms, and if you don't submit you will be forcibly disarmed and arrested, then later evacuated to some FEMA concentration camp, for being a "insurgent", "terrorist" or something like that.

Go buy yourself some guns.

[edit on 27/9/2005 by SwearBear]

top topics

join