It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS is slow for me...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 04:54 PM
link   
ATS is slow for me...

is anyone else experiencing this???

thanks...

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 04:58 PM
link   
slow you say?
It is at a snails pace for me!

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by kenshiro2012
slow you say?
It is at a snails pace for me!

some ATSers get pissed when i "complain" on this forum so i will use the word "slow" instead of "a snails pace"...

[edit on 9-9-2005 by they see ALL]

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Yeah it's slow...I'm sure it's because of increased traffic over the Katrina story.

Maybe it's already time for SO to buy another server

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 06:08 PM
link   
As you may have noticed, Valhall wrote an amazing report. That thing is linked ALL OVER the internet. We're gettting HUGE amounts of traffic from everyone because that gal is so damn good.

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Yes...I've noticed over the past couple days that ATS is slower than usual.....

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Yeah I nearly had a bunch of double posts this morning. And it's all because ATS's very own Valhall is too good for only four servers
. But hey I'd much rather have that kind of quality than a faster ATS.

Awesome work Valhall and all the others who've contributed.

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 07:14 PM
link   
this morning i got "page cannot be found" anytime i went to ats whether through favorites or when i googled it, i thought it was just my comp.

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amorymeltzer
As you may have noticed, Valhall wrote an amazing report. That thing is linked ALL OVER the internet. We're gettting HUGE amounts of traffic from everyone because that gal is so damn good.

i thought this was the reason...

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amorymeltzer

Yeah I was looking at one of the news portals I regularly visit this morning and what did I see...

"I just got back from a FEMA Detainment Camp"

ATS is getting bigger and bigger every day thanks to such involvment from members like Valhall!

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 08:09 AM
link   
ATS has been lagging here too and might be due to the extreme solar activity we are having recently. I saw we had a lot of traffic yesterday, but I had some unusual packet loss and lag from other sites also.

www.n3kl.org...

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 08:33 AM
link   
I think its the whole huge event effect on the Internet. instead of everyone turning on the tv they not only do that but they also go on the computer and search for more information. Saw it during 9/11, saw it during the lead-up to Iraq and the Bali bombings as well as the Tsunami and the london attacks and now recently.... you get the point. The internet was never really built for massive loads, it was built to withstand a nuclear war(and it can withstand Hurricanes too, all you need is power)

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by sardion2000
and it can withstand Hurricanes too, all you need is power)

And a phone line, come on sardion2000 I thought you'd know that!

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by phixion

Originally posted by sardion2000
and it can withstand Hurricanes too, all you need is power)

And a phone line, come on sardion2000 I thought you'd know that!

No actually when the phone lines were dead some places in NOrleans were able to connect to the Net with just a generator. The Net is built to withstand allot, and Katrina proved it performed its function. The Fiber stayed up.

news.netcraft.com...

Hunkered down in a data center on an upper floor of a New Orleans office building, a skeleton crew of staff at DirectNIC have kept the domain registrar operating throughout Hurricane Katrina and the catastrophic flooding that has engulfed the city. "We haven't lost service once during this entire disaster, and we have three weeks of backup power secured," CEO Sigmund Solares said on the DirectNIC website. "Our staff is safe and well - some have been working around the clock in New Orleans to keep clients running smoothly, and other employees have left to safer locations to keep an eye on the network from afar."

DirectNIC is housed on the 10th and 11th floors of a 27-floor office tower near Lafayette Square, a portion of the city that has escaped the worst of the flooding. Employees have live-blogged their efforts and posted photos of the storm's impact on the DirectNIC facility. An on-site webcam broadcast video of looting on surrounding streets. DirectNIC is the world's 11th-largest registrar, with more than 1.1 million domains registered. It is part of InterCosmos Media group, which also operates hosting/colocation provider Zipa.

EDIT: I've also read reports of people in homes with generators with no phone service able to recieve a DSL signal somehow.

[edit on 10-9-2005 by sardion2000]

top topics

join