It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help test Firefox 1.5!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Mini-itx is a form factor, think 17 by 17 cm. Usually the CPU is onboard, like 1 or 1.2 GHz. Small PSU, like 65watts. Very cool stuff, theres a site I check in with for new ideas, and inspiration. Their attache case is LIKE what I want to do, but not really.

EDIT: www.mini-itx.com...

[edit on 9/25/2005 by Kalapadea]

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 02:10 AM
link   
As more and more people use FireFox it will loose its appeal. The problem with IE is that so many people use it. Almost every virus, spyware, etc is written to break IE security. Now more and more is being written to break FireFox security because so many people are using it.

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 02:11 AM
link   
The spyware "Aurora" was specifically written for Firefox users. My brother doesn't even have IE installed, yet he manages to get spyware/viruses now. It's a bummer.... switch to new FREE opera?

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kalapadea
The spyware "Aurora" was specifically written for Firefox users. My brother doesn't even have IE installed, yet he manages to get spyware/viruses now. It's a bummer.... switch to new FREE opera?

Firefox has always been FREE, and I've been running it since the 0.9 Beta.
And I love it.......

If members are using Opera, please let me know what you think.

What do you like about it?

What's the advantage?

www.mozilla.org...

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I wasn't trying to exaggerate FREE software, I meant that opera has always been $$ to use. OPERA is free now. I like opera enough, I used it a lot before firefox got plugins, lol.

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 03:10 PM
link   
FireFox is the Linux/UNIX of web browsers. For some reason people think it's the best thing that ever happened to computers and them, it includes a huge fan base (it's a web browser! not a sports team). A lot of it's design was put into security, etc, just like Linux/UNIX.

The problem is the same for both these pieces of software. They both have a reputation of being stable, secure, etc, but until you try and compare, there is quite a bit of inferiority to Microsoft's software. Especially in the technical stuff.

I tried FireFox and it was overrated, too many plug-ins and junk that just added congestion to my system, and I quickly reverted back to Microsoft IE which used a small base of DLLs and is native to Windows. There have been several updates for IE and most of the security "holes" have been found, especially the major ones. Firefox's security holes are still unknown, they are basically testing new grounds. FireFox will be a great browser one day, but now it is far to experimental to be safe for me. Out of all of the browsers I would recommend Netscape, many corporations with sensitive computer networks use it.

I would think that it would be wise to use the new FireFox 1.5, we should support it's development. So if you have a computer that can take a beating if there is a security hole, and has a decent firewall then give it a shot. I may download it, just to try it out and see if it improved.

If you wan't 100% secure web browsing, you should use MS DOS based browsers or make up your own (know what would be great, MS DOS FireFox!)

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 07:49 PM
link   
FireFox is new like I mentioned above, and all of it's bugs haven't been found yet. It's a good thing that they caught this one because it's quite severe.

Researcher Flags FireFox Code Execution Flaw

I've been using IE for years and I never got a virus or hacked. Also FireFox's share in the browser market has gone down, because of this incident. The question still remains, FireFox was thought to be bullet-proof, and it wasn't. Is there another problem with it?

Firefox’s share of the web browser market has slipped against Microsoft’s Internet Explorer.

Web analytics company NetApplications says the open source Firefox browser from the Mozilla Foundation had 8.07% of the browser market in July, compared to 8.71% in June.

NetApplications said Firefox’s decrease was mirrored by the same increase in use of Internet Explorer, which saw its share increase from 86.56% in June to 87.2% in July.

NetApplications gathers its data from users visiting 40,000 monitored websites.

Apple’s Macintosh Safari browser experienced modest growth to 2.13% of the market. Other browsers saw little change.

Firefox’s share may have been affected by a number of serious security flaws reported during July.

www.computerweekly.com...

You may really want to read this, it affects ALL versions of it including 1.5 beta:
www.eweek.com...

GoldEagle

[edit on 9/29/2005 by GoldEagle]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join