It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

how to get sleep paralysis more often

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by spacesounds
Just wondering, why do you want to experience sleep paralysis more often?

he is pretending to want to...

he is trying to make it sound cool and desirable.

Sleep paralisys is a demonic attack.

Call for Jesus Christ and you will see that it stops.

Dont take my word for it, try it for yourself

I mean look at the ridiculous language he is using in the OP. Its ridiculous. This guy is loughing at you.

And that other post that says "Wooooo, just get over the fear and give into it, ... Woooooh"

As I said, dont take my word for it, try it for yourself.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by NephraTari
reply to post by Huria86

Sleep paralysis is not the same as lucid dreaming. It is an aweful feeling and I cannot imagine why anyone would want to put themselves in that situation willingly. very odd thread.

I think you should look beyond sleep paralysis, the stage you seek is further than that. I think I mentioned before, Monroe Institutes Body asleep mind awake will do it for you.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomguy

Your statements are a Demonic attack. Has the world not suffered enough? People like you robbed me of my 20's.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I get sleep paralysis almost 5 times a week can someone tell me how to make it stop?

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aztek87
I get sleep paralysis almost 5 times a week can someone tell me how to make it stop?

How grounded are you in your life? If you are a veggie, you might need some meat. Mine stopped when I let go. I think if it was happening again, I would go the other way and learn how to do OBE's, and then it might come under control.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aztek87

Here it is... again

This is a video and podcast about sleep paralysis, and how to stop it. The first half is a collection of testimonies from youtube from various people sharing their experiences with sleep paralysis. . The second half is a collection of testimonies of people that have ended sleep paralysis taken from an unlikely source: Alien Abduction Crisis Centers of America ( aaccoa.org... ) While the two types of experiences are different in some cases, in others the similarities are undeniable. The interesting part is that they are both stopped the same way. These experiences are very different apparently we can stop sleep paralysis, or alien abduction the same way, listen to the accounts of people from all kinds of different backgrounds tell you their stories. There is Hope, this is the cure for sleep paralysis Thanks to Joe Jordan and aaccoa for all their love and work.

Video: How to Stop Sleep Paralysis:
www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by SoulOrb

Originally posted by randomguy

Your statements are a Demonic attack. Has the world not suffered enough? People like you robbed me of my 20's.

If some "well meaning" christians didnt "spare te rod" on you in order to "not spoil the child", then I`m sorry, but those arent real christians.

When Jesus said turn the other cheek, he meant your own cheek.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I could've sworn that I already replied to this thread, but apparently not. Must've been my "other" self.

I read Robert Monroe's book "Out of Body Experiences" when I was about 15 -- 1974 or 5. I set out to replicate his instructions, and I was successful. It took quite a while, but once I was able to feel the sensation of thrumming electricity coursing up and down my body, shortly afterward, I was OOBing. The trick with that, for me was the rolling out of my body; I was never able to just "float" out as he talked about in the book.

Well. Time went by, and I had some absolutely horrifying experiences. I was assured in the book that malignant entities couldn't truly harm me, but I was far from convinced. I stopped doing this.

Now here's the weird part. I'm 51 years old. I can't turn it off. I kind of think that once somebody opens the door, it's a difficult thing to close. I have NO clue what the "door" is. I suffer from sleep paralysis at least every month. I call it "suffering" because it scares the absolute crap out of me. I've tried to "go with it", and it doesn't get better. For those who say "how can you know you're in sleep paralysis?" Well, I understand your idea, however I've been in it often enough that I know. I am aware, just unable to move, with often all manner of weirdness happening around me.

I recognize that the scientific view of SP is a juxtaposition between waking awareness and a sort of brain hallucination. All fine and good. These days, it happens upon falling asleep, not later on. Occasionally, I am aware of the thrumming, and attempt to interrupt it. It's accompanied by a sound that I feel more than hear outside of myself. The sound is like...... zzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZTTTTT, and is accompanied by a rush of ....... I don't know what...... it feels like electricity coursing up and down my body, mostly from my midsection to my head. When this happens, I often get up, do something, read, play some guitar, whatever. Just don't want to go to sleep then.

I used to wonder if it was a facet of alien abduction until several times my Bride woke me up because I was making "weird noises". Yah. I was screaming [in my head] trying to get out. To her credit, my darlin' doesn't think anything of comforting me afterward, my 6'2 frame wrapped in her arms.

Perhaps I'm not evolved enough to understand it, but you can't say that I haven't tried time and time again to flow with it. I don't want it anymore. I've even tried the religious chanting while it happens, as well as invoking Jesus. None of that works for me. If I am aware soon enough, I can get up and disrupt the process, and often go back to bed later without incident.

I can't imagine why anyone would want to invite such an experience. I wish I'd never read Robert Monroe's book.

I'd rather be ignorant than terrified.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by argentus

have you cchecked out the yourube video I posted right above your post ?

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   
well i don't recommend the use of narcotics but if your like me and get legit prescribed opiod type pain medication then you could probably have this happen at least 3-4 times a night if you know how to work with it, also when it comes to sleep paralysis u cant let the fear overcome you, your not in danger and also dont try to do anything physical to break through it. i've found that while in this state if you relax and find out how to move without using your physical body then you can do some nifty things in astral dream land. should you try and revert back to trying to use physical movements tho while your out then expect to feel like your being electrocuted and further paralyzed. the key to it is no fear by far tho. the cause is lack of a secretion of a chemical in your brainstem that normally paralyzes you every night once your unconcious so that you dont go hurting yourself acting out dreams and makes me wonder if this is the reason for sleep walkers

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by sceptik

Hi sceptik I am new to the ATS group and forum. My topic of interest is succubus. You can also email me at rexie.read@yahoo.com

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   
My most sucessful AP was during sleeping parlysis. I recived important communication durig that trip.

[edit on 16-9-2009 by Mind1universe]

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I used to have it a lot when I was younger... Now I hardly have sleep paralysis at all...

Unfortunately... IMHO... I think as we age, we aren't able to do this as easily.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Ahh! Sleep paralysis is terrible!

I've had 2 different moments..

1) The first time it happened, I thought I was dying. I was laying in bed when suddenly I became aware that my mouth was dry and I wanted to swallow.. BUT I then realized I couldn't close my mouth! (I was sleeping with my mouth open?) Then my heart started racing, all I could hear was LOUD swirling which was my blood circulating throughout the body..

The last thing I remember was standing at the foot of my bed, looking at myself sleeping.
Talk about creepy!

2) I was sleeping on the couch when suddenly, I couldn't move and heard the loudest, most terrifying little girl cry.. getting louder and louder and louder until it was right beside me! It scared the mess out of me and I couldn't do anything to stop it or even as much as move!

All in all, the things that MOST stood out in those two moments were;
A) I was sleeping on my back in both (something I rarely ever do)
B) I was completely alone in the entire house that night (my roomates had left for the evening)
C) I had on either music or the TV on in the background (background static noise)

So, if you are serious and want to try to have more, try those 3 things that I mentioned. I see that many people have sucess with them (especially sleeping on your back).

But all in all, its creepy and something I hope to never experience again!

- Mea

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Why the HELL would anybody want to go through Sleep Paralysis???!??!?!

It's a terrible terrible thing, one of the worst things we can endure on this planet. Being in complete paralysis while and entity out of your nightmares touches you etc?!!??!

Well.. first thing to do. Would be to make sure you always sleep on your back. That's the only way to experience it, is on your back. Sleep on your back.

There isn't much beyond falling asleep on your back. In order to experience that.

If you don't have a sleep paralysis.. your lucky as all HELL.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I've experienced sleep paralysis 3 times. Two of the times occured while I was hunting.

The first time, I had been going on little sleep for days continuously waking up early and staying out all day hunting. I fell asleep in my treestand and remember seeing a nice buck and saying to myself, "Wake up, wake up." But I couldn't move or do anything, it freaked me out and I contributed it to being too cold and falling asleep.

The second time was hunting also, and was on the ground this time. It was almost identical to the first situation. This time there were coyotes around me and I could even feel their breath on my neck. I kept telling myself to move, get up, run, but all I could do is lay there awake helplessly. Of course there were no real coyotes there.

The third time, I was at home and seen bright lights outside. I heard someone come through the door and seen their shadow coming towards my room. I couldn't move, but was trying to yell. My wife snapped me out of it.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Ive had it several times.I didnt like it and, dont know why anyone would want it on purpose.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Ive had it several times.I didnt like it and, dont know why anyone would want it on purpose.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   
study about astral projection

sleep on your back

sleep in the day and then again in the night

these things work for me maybe theyll work for you.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   
(Another flag for this ancient but important thread)

I agree with those who recommend irregular sleep patterns and stressful circumstances. I kind of concur with those who suggest sleeping on one's back, although I don't see it as one hundred per cent necessary.

Throwing in my two cents: when I've experienced sleep paralysis and the OBE phenomenon, my jaw has has always been slightly parted; my mouth has never been shut tightly. And always, I think, I've been breathing through my mouth. Monroe mentions using his jaw as a sort of tuning mechanism--I agree. While in "Focus 10," I can control and crescendo the vibrations/electricity (kundalini?) and send it coursing through my entire body, but I think the sensation always begins in my jaw...if my mouth is slightly open. Of course, to get to that point, it's necessary to achieve the state of conscious sleep paralysis.

Unfortunately, I no longer experience the phenomenon as frequently as I used to. The last time I did (three months ago), I was in a spooky motel and the sensations manifested with a very unpleasant feeling that I can best describe as "feedback," (like sending an auxilliary return to itself kind of feedback)--a feeling that I'd also describe as spooky, unpleasant and "haunted."

So, from my experience: a slightly open mouth is a prerequisite for allowing the induction of sleep paralysis.

F

[edit on 1/11/09 by Fuggle]

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join