It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

how to get sleep paralysis more often

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I don't know if any of this helps but I had an unbelievably terrifying experience that most people who visit this forum say is sleep paralyisis. Maybe you should take a look at my thread and see if anything stands out (Scarriest thing ever, please help.). I'm amazed that you want to have these experiences. If you make some breakthough please let me know. Good Luck.

[edit on 6-9-2006 by sceptik]

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 09:41 AM
link   
maybe none of u have ever had a sexual sleep paralysis episode. a common hypnopompic hallucination is the "succubus" one, where a sexy woman basically has sex with u and u reach the height of sexual ecstacy. i had it once where the "succubus" was sitting on top of me all wet and hot and i came everywhere. she actually looked alot like this www.sociopathic.net... some people actually develop life long relationships with them, since they seem so real. its great, believe me!

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Well I have never been visited by a succubus, but I have had sleep poralysis. It was a few months back and I was getting it really often. AT the time I didnt know what it was, and as you could imagine I would freak out. I thought something was wrong with me.

This sounds trippy but I always felt that if I could somehow move my neck - sort of craning it out it would break the poralysis. It frightened me because I did not understand it... If it is a platform from which to OOBE though, maybe it might not be such a bad thing so long as I could relax enough to not freak out.. hehe

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 08:51 PM
link   
being in the army my sleep patterns are very "scattered" i usually get 4 hours a night at different times and i nap during the day whenever i can. I get sleep paralysis on average once to twice a week. I HATE IT. you don't want this to happen to you it scares the daylights out of me everytime i experience it. i feel like i'm dead. it's not a nice thing to experience

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Please see my post in..

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It explains exactly what you are referring to. I will try to explain any questions you may have, as I am very familiar with what you are asking about. Sleep paralysis CAN be used as a catalyst to induce OOBE. Once you are able to control the fear that comes over you during such an event, the possibilities are endless.

People may think we are crazy, but some of us actually do enjoy sleep paralysis.

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 11:08 AM
link   
hello,
why would someone want to experience sleep paralysis more often?
to have a out of body experience of cause!! to some sleep paralysis is a trance like state, sleep paralysis is a new word didnt you know that, compare the word sleep paralysis with astral catalepsy, same thing different word, taught a few things to ya?>
mate one may i experience a trance more often, i aline my spine

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I used to get SP all the time, hated it and was terrified. You can read up in some of my other posts about it.

Then it went away and was only few and far in between, I actually kind of missed the rush of having the S*** scared out of me now and then. Strange I know, but it's ones of those few primal instincts that actually makes you feel alive in this mundane world. Sad part is sometimes when I do get it I wish I didn't.

Anyway as some other people posted, it can help to have lucid dreams, OOBE's, hallucinations (if you like that), succubus experiences...and more.

I've seen all the proper ways posted on how to better attain it, me myself I have grown accustom to sleeping on my back now, so whenever I sleep on my stomach or side I can occassionally get it. But never on my back anymore.

But anyway, something I didn't see posted was drinking soda or eating some fruit or candy right before bed. Sometimes the sugar other stuff can help with inducing it.

Lastly, I went through a weird phase where I wanted to get it all the time so that I could attempt to OOBE, but I got paranoid for a while and here is how: I heard that if you just "let go" and let the hallucination or vision or whatever it is get you, and just accept it instead of fighting the dread, you would achieve an OOBE or AP'ing. Anyway I was very close one night to giving in and an even worse feeling of dread overtook me, and it was, "what is I let this thing take me and I just die. That's that, no if's and's or but's, i just don't wake up." So I struggled mightily and finally fought my way out of it from basically on the brink and point of no return. Terrifying. Anyway, since then I haven't worried about it cause if it happens then it happens, oh well. And I have actually had success with achieving very lucid states and AP'ing and OOBE'ing. I like to think that I have a whole plethora of knowledge about it now so feel free to post again or message me with questions / help / or general discussion.

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 09:10 PM
link   
3 things; (1)Caffeine, (2) screwed up sleep patterns and (3) feeling stressed or overwhelmed.

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by specialfarce

lol dude I know EXACTLY what you mean, I've had some of the 'worst' episodes, I use to think I was dying but geesh its a scary thing when you can't move and don't know whats happening to you.

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 09:17 PM
link   
It can be the most scary thing EVER!!!

Anyway I can see why someone would want more, even I would like more. Its because, its something very mysterious and interesting, we have a lot to learn about it, and we are curious.

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I don't know if you can increase the frequency of sleep paralysis on purpose, and as many people here mentioned, I'm not sure it would be a good idea to try. That being said, all I can do is tell you what may have triggered my rare bouts with it.

I was going through a stressful time at home, eventually leading to divorce. I had started a job where I worked nights and was in the process of shifting over. I was also in a lot of pain from a kidney stone and was taking non-recommended doses of Advil Liqui-Gels. All of that in combination probably contributed to a couple of instances of sleep paralysis, in which I felt like I was losing my mind in my sleep.

So I would say it definitely was not worth it, and I wouldn't encourage you to go through the same stuff. But you can do whatever you want.

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 09:36 PM
link   
It takes a lot of willpower to not fall asleep. You need to completely relax your body, then try to focus on your breathing. Try to count every time that you inhale. Focus on the sensation of the air filling your lungs. The hard part is maintaining enough focus so that you don't fall asleep, but not so much that you can't drift into sleep paralasys. It is freaky but exciting. And yes, people do want to do it on purpose. Mainly for lucid dreaming and astral projection.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 01:48 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by AnotherSage
This is a real annoyence that I can only get it once every four months and I want to get it more often...

WHY? I HATE when I get it. It's awful and it's frightening.

That's simply because you fear the unknown, if you learn to not fear it, it CAN be an amazing step to something AMAZING.

It happens before we can AP/OBE/Lucid dream, so that is WHY some people would want it, to OBE.

[edit on 4-6-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by LordBaskettIV
You can induce SP through meditation quite easily. It's only scarey if you are not aware of what is really happening( in reality, there is nothing wrong...you are simply sleeping). If SP freaks you out, so would any type of hallucinogen. You do realize the vivid images during SP are caused by a natural hallucinogen right? Look into '___'. If self imposed hallucinations scare you, I could understand why you don't like it. For some, like me, its a free high. Your mind stays awake, while your brain releases '___'(to induce the dream state). What is so aweful about dreaming awake?

I don't think there is any way of knowing that you're in sleep paralysis. It's like knowing you're in a dream, that's impossible. Only possible in lucid dream.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 01:45 AM
link   
I just had my first successful, intentional Astral Projection experience via sleep paralysis this morning. Normally I find sleep paralysis to be a completely horrific experience but if you remain calm for just a few seconds and will yourself out of your body the experience is absolutely incredible. I hear a lot of people having problems leaving their body but for me it was just like sitting up from a nap. I had to jolt myself up a few times but it was so easy I wasn't sure if I had just sat up physically. Turns out I successfully separated into my astral body and went on my way to explore. I can't wait to do it again.
1 mg of Xanax combined with melatonin before you go to bed also helps to induce sleep paralysis. When you first wake up you might not get the sleep paralysis its when you go back to sleep and wake up again. Though I do not recommend getting into the habit of using benzodiazepines for astral projection. Benzos addiction is much harder to beat than opiate addiction so only use this method once in a while. Melatonin also works fine by itself, but I find that Melatonin tends to give me nightmares as well. Also I find keeping sleeping in really hot conditions, sleeping on your back and/or having some kind of noise playing while you sleep helps as well.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 09:59 PM
link   
b etween the ages of 13 and 17 I had over 100 sleep paralysis episodes. These faded over time, but my compiled memories of the events are clear. Listen, sleep paralysis CAN be horrible. My first few times were the most frightening, desperate times of my life. One time i got stuck on an infinately replicating staircase for 3 hours until i spun out, then in my house for what seemed days as i continuously spun out of each next "reality" trying to wake up. I woke up 5 minutes after I came under the influence and was utterly traumatized

BUT once I got the hang of it, let go of the fears, learned how to maniuplate each scenario under different conditions and LET GO, sleep paralysis felt absolutely incredible. Remember sleep paralysis is an EFFECT of stress, lack of sleepo, narcolepsy and such, it is not an AFFECT. So stop bashing the poor guy, he wants a new experience, let him be. It's not like he;s going to develop a clinical disorder as a result, he'll either just trip out, or get scared, the end.

Anyways to have it, you can do all of the mentioned above, but you can also try to put on some background sleep tape on when youre really tired, that when it gets to 45 minutes or an hour into it, the sounds change, and try to remember that change and those sounds to induce awareness. That's really the key, waking up your mind when most of your brain and body are in NREM moving into REM. Try whatyever you think will "wake" you up.... NO ALARM CLOCKS! way too drastic

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 06:10 PM
link   
i've had sleep paralysis a couple of times, and although it is scary, once you realise whats going on it can be quite an interesting experience, particularly when accompanyed by hallucinations (physically, my usual one is floating up out of bed until i feel like im floating about 5tft above where i actually am, then spinning round). i can kind of understand why somebody might want to induce it.. generally sleeping on your back, breathing deeply and imaginine im sinking as i go to sleep can promt it) (personally)..

PS it can be very frightening though, i don't mean to be insensitive to others sufferers who do not find sleep paralysis intriguing! no offence meant!

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Whats terrifying for me is that I always seem to get it when I am sleeping ,lying face down.I could not breath,but interestingly my body "wakes" up just when I am at the edge of suffocating.

Of course ,when I do wake up,I go back to sleep again because my body is really tired and the cycle continues for a good 1 hour before I realize its better I stop being such a masochist.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Actually thats wierd i've had this once but I didn't know thats what it was. I just remember waking up and it felt like i was out of breath, like i needed to wake up really fast, but i wasnt able to move my body so i wiggled my toes really fast. The strange part is that somehow i knew instinctively to do this, although it's never happened to me before... instantly i was able to then move.

[edit on 17-8-2008 by MurrayTORONTO]

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join