It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No Gas, No Food, No Lodging

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 01:02 PM
link   
SAN FRANCISCO--Taps run dry. Food rots when the power goes out. Toilets overflow with waste. Looters strip homes, businesses and public buildings. Armed bandits run wild in the streets. Fires rage out of control. Terrified policemen abandon their posts. Flies buzz over bloated corpses. People wave signs at passing helicopters. "Please help us," they read.

"Sitting with her daughter and other relatives, Trolkyn Joseph, 37, said men had wandered the cavernous convention center in recent nights raping and murdering children. She said she found a dead 14-year old girl at 5 a.m. on Friday morning, four hours after the young girl went missing from her parents inside the convention center. 'She was raped for four hours until she was dead,' Joseph said through tears. 'Another child, a seven-year old boy was found raped and murdered in the kitchen freezer last night.'"

The horror of the aftermath is so extreme that it nearly erases the memory of the initial disaster.

Water, food, housing, electricity: in the modern era, society collapses without them. However, as I found while reporting on the invasion of Afghanistan, they are not equally essential.

Water, food, housing, electricity: in the modern era, society collapses without them.

It only took a few days for New Orleans to descend into anarchy, for the survivors of Katrina to lose hope, for disgusted Americans to conclude that their leaders are too staggeringly stupid, incompetent and uncaring to protect them from bad weather, much less a terrorist attack. Now think about this: the citizens of cities under U.S. occupation in Iraq and Afghanistan have been suffering under similar conditions, exacerbated by an identical lack of planning by the same U.S. officials, for nearly 900 days. New Orleans is Baghdad plus water minus two and a half years.

Still wondering why they hate us?

Source:
InformationClearingHouse

Now people of the United States know how it is to be "Liberated" by the Bush goverment.

No Gas.

No Water.

No Food.

No Electricity.

No Lodging.

No Help.

Babies Starve.

Elderly Die.

New Orleans turned in 4 Days into a Third World Country with High Mortal Rate and no goverment to help them. It's really hard to imagine that New Orleans is actually a City in the most powerful and the richest nation in the World.

Looks more like a city in Sudan.

Or Afganistan.

Or Iraq.

[edit on 9/9/05 by Souljah]

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 01:12 PM
link   
So true, so true. Ecellent post Souljah. It really puts it in perspective. Now some of us have walked a mile in their shoes and it's awful beyond belief.

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I agree, that was an excellent post. Indeed, TeamBush has taken the lessons they've "learned" overseas and brought them home to the US, god help us all.
---Ryan

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 02:28 PM
link   
When are the so called patriots, the hard heads, gonna fce up to reality and see that America isnt so great??

Hope hillary will win the next presidential elections despite the massive electionfraud that will occur more than ever seen.

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by motionknight
When are the so called patriots, the hard heads, gonna fce up to reality and see that America isnt so great??

A true patriot is loyal to the country not the president, that is something so many seem not to understand.

America is great and has the potential to be greater, but not till we vote out the two organized crime families (Republicans/Democrats) and replace them with people that represent us, the people.

It saddens me to see my beloved country in this shape.

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 02:54 PM
link   
If it wasn't for American's fear of terrorism, I wouldn't have to be subserviant to their current choice of leadership.

SSgt John, USAF.

Vote for Kerry in 2004.

[edit on 10-9-2005 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk
America is great and has the potential to be greater, but not till we vote out the two organized crime families (Republicans/Democrats) and replace them with people that represent us, the people.

There is no other choice really.

Are there any other major political parties in USA?

I remember that you are a Libertian - but is there a Libertian President to vote for?

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah
I remember that you are a Libertian - but is there a Libertian President to vote for?

cass.molp.org...

The guy even looks normal.

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 03:23 PM
link   

There is no other choice really.

wrong. You have bought into the biggest lie in American politics if you believe that. I guarantee every ballot in the US had more than two choices for president, here in Arkansas we had almost 10 choices

Are there any other major political parties in USA?

The Libertarians, Greens and Constitualists are fairly big but not in the same league as the big two. The problem is an almost total media blackout of all other parties than the big two.

see Intrepids post

[edit on 10-9-2005 by Amuk]

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

cass.molp.org...

The guy even looks normal.

And when will he run for President?

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 03:24 PM
link   

And when will he run for President?

he ran in 2004

I hope we field a better candidate this time.

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk
wrong. You have bought into the biggest lie in American politics if you believe that. I guarantee every ballot in the US had more than two choices for president, here in Arkansas we had almost 10 choices

I was not aware of that.

I just see two major parties battling it out every time.

Here in Slovenia there are several major political parties - not just two strongest ones.

The Libertarians, Greens and Constitualists are fairly big but not in the same league as the big two. The problem is an almost total media blackout of all other parties than the big two.

I imagine that could be a Real problem - Media blackout.

The two biggest one are really doing a great job keeping the smaller ones not seen and small every time.

Looks like Poli-Party political system - with just two political parties, and every other is just so small, it's not even mentioned.

That's not really Democratic.

Anyway, I think we have gone Off-Topic right now.

new topics

top topics

join