It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Mike Brown Removed from Katrina Recovery Duties

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Apparently (according to TIME) he embellished his resume. The Democrat controlled (at the time) Senate confirmed him easily, with Joe Lieberman saying this:

Sen. Joseph Lieberman, D-Conn., who led those hearings, called Brown's long-ago stint as assistant city manager in Edmond, Okla., a "particularly useful experience" because he had responsibility for local emergency services.

www.startribune.com...

I'm just saying there's plenty of blame to go around, not the least of which actually lies on the 9/11 reorganization of the government, mainly pushed by the Dems that put FEMA under DHS.

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I hope the silver lining of all this would be that Brown turns on his handlers. He surely knows atleast something that could protect himself from being thrown to the dogs over this. If Mr.Brown winds up dead in a light-plane crash I will be sorely annoyed.

He is nothing more than a patsy, and not a creative and well disguised one at that! Im not even saying Bush should be the target of America's collective ire, Mr.Brown should fess up and tell it like it really is. "Hey I was told to sit on my hands on this one! I think it was so that the real power players in Washington could enact..."

Whats he got to lose? Maybe Bush has offered him a cushy golden handshake and Presidential immunity if he takes it "like a man". walks and keeps his mouth firmly shut. I suppose the added threat of having a heart attack "from stress" would be infered as a little insurance as well. Who would like to live thinking that your next meal/drink could kill you?

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
Apparently (according to TIME) he embellished his resume. The Democrat controlled (at the time) Senate confirmed him easily,

OK, partisan stuff again, I wish this administration(and it's supporters) had something better than that to work with.

Another analogy for those that just don't get it. A corporation that takes over another, do they keep the executives of the ones they take over? Do they look at the qualification of those and keep the ones that benefit your company? I would, and throw out those that weren't worth.

BTW, I'm taking your word on this one. I don't watch my own news, let alone yours. I get my news here. It's not corrupted. Only the Dem. controlled senate? BTW, how many years does it take to weed out someone not quallified? If this administration was a business, they'd be out of business.

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Are you saying this administration let a 'Democrat man' assume the mantle of FEMA director? Was he a poster-boy for the Dems or was he a 'Republican man' that the Dem's also liked? Does that change a damn thing? Not in my eyes it doesnt.

If he was a 'Democrat man' then why was he nominated and appointed by a Republican President? This is a President that is on record as distrusting North Korean top envoy Charles Pritchard because he was "a Clinton guy".

Why was he nominated by a Republican President in the first place if he was so inept and woefully ill-equiped to lead anything?

I think the scope of this topic far outstrips the false obfuscation of party lines and partisanship. Political parties are so irrelevant as to be almost laughable. Until that is a widely accepted FACT we are doomed to repeat these damned fool mistakes over and over and over again.

[edit on 9/9/05 by subz]

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Yeah Subz apparently the FEMA directors job somehow became a political patronage job and lookee what it got us. I don't want to be seen as defending Brown, but ever since he was appointed he's done little but work on Homeland Security issues. The ex-director of FEMA reccommended him for the job--probably because he would be relatively easy to control.

Yargo - your comments are right on the mark and I second them.

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 01:48 PM
link   
We knew this was going to happen, so what's new. FEMA is still a joke, but the joker is gone. The Admiral is arrogant, typical military, look at Schwarzkopf. Not a problem, you just have to know what you're dealing with. NOW THE BIG QUESTION, What about the Governor of the state and the Mayor of the city???? As was said before, FEMA or any Federal agency can not come into a state until the GOVERNOR asks. Don't you think 5 days is a little bit too long after the place is knee deep in water for 5 days??

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
Apparently (according to TIME) he embellished his resume. The Democrat controlled (at the time) Senate confirmed him easily, with Joe Lieberman saying this:

Sen. Joseph Lieberman, D-Conn., who led those hearings, called Brown's long-ago stint as assistant city manager in Edmond, Okla., a "particularly useful experience" because he had responsibility for local emergency services.

www.startribune.com...

Oh Lordie, i was wondering when this was coming! Thanks DJ for reaching into the anals of journalism to find this latest bit of bunk.

I still respect you, though.

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 11:54 PM
link   
I was reading a right-wing blog, and they say that the reason Brownie was sent back to Washington is because FEMA needs him there in case there is a terrorist attack, or another hurricane. His tour of duty in New Orleans was: Mission Accomplished!

[edit on 10-9-2005 by curme]

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 05:31 AM
link   
IMO Blame starts at the top at Bush(who should get the most blame for appointing/approving
of unqualifyed louts to vital positions) then the next on the list is the top brass at FEMA who did wargames
on this with a fictional Cat 3 hurricane, and all of the predictions of that lesser storm happened in this
storm. They should have known what to expect yet all I see on TV is damage control. Next on the list
is the idiotic buerocracy of the DHS who blocked Canadian disaster relief amoung other things, then onto
the State level and finally the people who deserve the least blame is the local officials. I'm not saying
that Negin shouldn't be blamed for some of his mistakes, I'm just saying that the whole chain of command
broke down and #ed up from the Top all the way to the Bottom.

[edit on 11-9-2005 by sardion2000]

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Just heard on FOX that Brown resigned from FEMA.

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Who didn't see that one coming? Anyone? Bueller?

His tour of duty in New Orleans was: Mission Accomplished!

Oh man, thanks for that....I needed a good laugh today!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join