It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Mike Brown Removed from Katrina Recovery Duties

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 01:33 PM
link   
FEMA use to be a decent agency. After it was placed under DHS then it went to hell. An agency that carries such responsiblities should only be staffed with the best career professionals this country has to offer when it comes to disaster relief. I am really saddened that the poor folks in NOLA, MISS and ALA had to go through such terrible suffering to expose such a flawed policy. But if there can be a silver lining anywhere, perhaps Congress and the President will see that FEMA , as it is today is a joke!
Get it out from under the DHS and back where it use to be, as a free acting agency that answered only to the President. Perhaps then all the former administrators and employees that left will return.

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
This guy is the sacrificial lamb. He was put in that position specifically to take the fall for all this. 'They' knew what was going to happen. 'They' knew FEMA would fail. 'They' knew they needed a fall guy. Watch out for the next guy!!

This is how it's done.

Peace

You beat me to it.
That is what I was going to type. That d00d was nothing more than the Fall guy.

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Yes, Dr Love- you are absolutely right. The fall guy who is merely being taken off the Katrina project but still remains in place should we have a terrorist attack in this country.

Oh, i tell you...this gets better and better everyday. And the fact that nobody does anything about it just blows my mind.
Time for my happy pills again.

I feel really secure.

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
This guy is the sacrificial lamb. He was put in that position specifically to take the fall for all this. 'They' knew what was going to happen. 'They' knew FEMA would fail. 'They' knew they needed a fall guy. Watch out for the next guy!!

This is how it's done.

Peace

Exactly.

It's also convenient that Mr. Brown's background indicates that he is rediculously underqualified for the job. Most American's will simply assume that we found and fixed the problem. No need to look any further.

The boys be up to something me thinks.

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Yes, he is being made a scapegoat.
As I posted in my thread on Brown
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I am highly suspicious of this "replacement".
Thad Allen was only appointed to assist Brown on 9/7/2005
Wshington Post

With Bush and the present administration as well as FEMA and HomeLand Security have been getting so much bad publicity and being decried in Congress, I am more than suspicious and believe that Brown is just being made a scapegoat. Let's think about this for a moment....
Brown is appointed by Bush back in 2001, why now is the city of Edmond, Okla. only now releasing this information that Brown had not performed the duties that he claimed to have done on his resume?

The timing of this stinks to high heaven and may just well be a smokescreen to cover-up the ineptness that is prevelent in HomeLand (In)Security as well as our present goverment!

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I see many members agreeing and that's a good thing. What they're doing is really very basic and transparent as far as I'm concerned. When you're dealing with something on the scale of global takeover, it has to be as simple as humanly possible. 'Their' tactics are very elementary once you realize what's really going on. Some things can be taken at face value and some can't. I find it easier to not take anything at face value. Better safe than sorry.

Peace

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 02:10 PM
link   
It is starting to look more and more like a sham!
Here is what I have been able to dig up:
Ah now it starts to become clearer!
It seeems that our illustrious Pres. Bush has just finished appointing himself a new aide who's job will be to clean up the world viewpoint ? opinion of Washington.
Bush says aide will try to counter myths about US

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Karen Hughes, a confidante of President George W. Bush who has long helped shape his policy, was sworn in on Friday with the new task of trying to improve the image of the United States in a world that often takes a dim, if not hostile, view of Washington.
After years of working as a political adviser known for her expertise in helping Bush put out his message to voters, Hughes formally took up the post of undersecretary of state for public diplomacy.

Bush called the job vital, saying it was needed partly to curb what he said were myths being spread by militants such as those behind the Sept 11, 2001, attacks on the United States.

Guess what the first hurdle she was to conquer?

One immediate task for Hughes will be countering the negative effects abroad of the Hurricane Katrina disaster.

It may have been on the Hughes' advise that Bush has removed Brown as the head of FEMA in regards to the Katrina disaster.

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 02:14 PM
link   
The appointment of Hughes was announced months and months ago

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Only as

undersecretary of state for public diplomacy.

Not as per her new role
A fairly big promotion I would think

[edit on 9-9-2005 by kenshiro2012]

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 02:22 PM
link   
That's what she was just sworn in as, no promotion.

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Ah, so she's head of PsyOps and Propaganda?

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Brown may still resign. The weekend is not yet over; it's a common ploy in DC to do such things late Friday afternoon or Saturday so that the story is not front page news.

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
Brown may still resign. The weekend is not yet over; it's a common ploy in DC to do such things late Friday afternoon or Saturday so that the story is not front page news.

He's been castrated. Whether he lingers on the payroll for hours, days, weeks or even months doesn't really matter--he no longer has any power or credibility.

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I heard this news on the radio at work today, and I got a few strange looks from coworkers as I actually cheered.

Now, in light of this recent development, what I'd love to see is Michael Brown tried for negligence, found guilty, and forced to live in a flooded house in New Orleans with no food or fresh water, and see how well he survives. I've always been an eye for an eye sort of person, and I think this would be the best punishment for his crimes - certainly the most fitting. Either that, or we could toss him into one of the FEMA refugee detainment camps and inform everyone that he's there. That might be cruel and unusual, though. Those survivors would tear him apart - literally. I'd prefer to see him suffer the same fate of those he was too incompetent to rescue - dying of dehydration and starvation in a flooded and destroyed city.

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by obsidian468
I heard this news on the radio at work today, and I got a few strange looks from coworkers as I actually cheered.

Now, in light of this recent development, what I'd love to see is Michael Brown tried for negligence, found guilty, and forced to live in a flooded house in New Orleans with no food or fresh water, and see how well he survives.

OK, let's break this down in easy terms, ATS terms. I owned my first computer in 83. I haven't had any experience with them again until 3 years ago. Now Simon has a choice to admin ATS, keep the forums running. Is he going to hire me(because we're buddies, that's a stretch btw), or someone like SO, who's TOTALLY quallified for the job?

I screw up, who's fault is that? Mine? Maybe, I should have been self depricating. The one that hires me? Definately, qualifications are what matters.

Scapegoat? Maybe. BUT it falls on the one that hires the individual to accept responsibillity for the travesty. Like that's going to happen.

Fortunately for ATS and all it's members Simon had WAY more forsight than an unnamed individual.

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 05:34 PM
link   
The problem with Brown was he is a bureaucrat who wanted every i dotted, every t crossed, and every box checked before he did anything. Last year in Florida he pretty successfully dealt with the hurricanes without any real complaint, but that was because the State government was totally on the ball and everything was being done by the book seamlessly.

Here we had totally hapless state and local governments and this bureaucrat got all tied up in knots over it...the choice of a military type person, like we have now, who can bang heads and cut through red tape is what is really (and was always) needed. Hindsight is always 20/20.

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Eye on the prize my friends... eye on the prize.

It is like in chess. Just because one side gives up a rook or a Knight, doesn't mean they have learned their lesson. I am afraid that generally, when one side so freely gives up a member, it is because it is part of the plan.

This guy was apuppett, and we all knew it way back when. So now Bush, who really had ultimate say, will be left without a mark becuase the joke we knew was a mark, took the mark, and we think we won????

Sorry guys, just another move in the chess board that has become American politics.

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
Here we had totally hapless state and local governments and this bureaucrat got all tied up in knots over it...the choice of a military type person, like we have now, who can bang heads and cut through red tape is what is really (and was always) needed. Hindsight is always 20/20.

What's your point? I'm not getting it. An unnamed leader picked the wrong person to lead this endeavour? Preparedness doesn't matter because ALL situations are different? Forsight doesn't matter AT ALL?

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Scapegoat? Maybe. BUT it falls on the one that hires the individual to accept responsibillity for the travesty. Like that's going to happen.

That's exactly what the definition of "scapegoat" is. One that bears the blame for the truly guilty.

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
OK, let's break this down in easy terms, ATS terms. I owned my first computer in 83. I haven't had any experience with them again until 3 years ago. Now Simon has a choice to admin ATS, keep the forums running. Is he going to hire me(because we're buddies, that's a stretch btw), or someone like SO, who's TOTALLY quallified for the job?

I screw up, who's fault is that? Mine? Maybe, I should have been self depricating. The one that hires me? Definately, qualifications are what matters.

Fortunately for ATS and all it's members Simon had WAY more forsight than an unnamed individual.

Intrepid, I wholly agree with you. There's other people who hold responsibility in this debacle, but asking for the same penalties against them would have me end up in a federal prison.

Yes, at the heart of the whole issue, Bush, Congress, and the House can all be held responsible for this. After all, that is the majority of the governing body that makes these decisions. There are members of the House and Senate that I would not hold responsible, however, and these are the people who are saying publicly that this "effort" was a debacle. All the rest should suffer the same fate as Brown. In the least, remove them from power. In the greatest, well.... I won't go there, as I like my freedom.

Brown is probably going to amount to the person who burns for this. He'll be the sacrificial lamb, set on display for the people's benefit, enabling those who really screwed up to escape the blame. That said, I still don't hold him any less responsible for the horrid mismanagement of the rescue efforts. Even if he's not qualified, he should have at least made some effort - you know, tried to BS the public into thinking he was at least trying. He even failed in that regard.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join