It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Mike Brown Removed from Katrina Recovery Duties

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Breaking: AP is reporting Mike Brown, the head of FEMA, has been removed from duties in handling Hurricane Katrina recovery. It's not yet clear whether he's been completely fired from his FEMA post. There will be a news conference at 1:45 pm.

FOX News
WASHINGTON — Federal Emergency Management Agency Director Michael Brown is being removed from his role managing Hurricane Katrina relief efforts, The Associated Press has learned.

And as FEMA grapples with criticism from all sides regarding the speed and effectiveness of its response to Hurricane Katrina, questions are now being raised about Brown's background.

Time magazine first reported a discrepancy about Brown's background in emergency management.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Additional News Links:
Time Magazine

I think it looks like he's not officially fired yet, but it's probably only a matter of time. It's amazing it appears he lied on his resume but the President, FBI, nor Senate figured it out?!?!?

[edit on 9/9/2005 by djohnsto77]

[edit on 9-9-2005 by Nerdling]

[edit on 12-9-2005 by Nerdling]

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 12:17 PM
link   
YAY! I'd go join him in his little poopie pants dance he's probably doing right now - but I don't like him enough.

buh-buh

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I have the link on my thread / discussion to the news story

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.msnbc.msn.com...

edited to add link to the story on msnbc

[edit on 9-9-2005 by kenshiro2012]

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 12:20 PM
link   
He should be tried for negligence, if convicted, hanged.

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Coast Guard Admiral Thad Allen is slated to replace Brown and his duties in New Orleans
I do not have the link to that at the moment

FEMA Chief Taken Off Hurricane Relief Efforts

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Well, this IS good news! Not that I want to see anyone get fired, but an incompetent person shouldn't be heading an important federal agency or be in any high-power position. (hint-hint)

Bush last week gave Brown a word of support, saying "Brownie, you're doing a heck of a job."

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by kenshiro2012
Coast Guard Admiral Thad Allen is slated to replace Brown and his duties in New Orleans

I have seen and heard that Admiral and he seems to be to pushy and a bit arrogant.

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I dont think anyone could be as bad as Brown.

I'll wait and see what happens before I judge.

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I am putting together a bio bit on the guy as we speak. will post here as well as on my thread as soon as I am done

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I guess been a military man with such a high ranking position makes him a littler bit hard.

I have been around some of these high ranking people in the military and most of them tend to be under the military mentality I call it brainwashing.

Strong people when it comes to command but very ruff when it comes to civilians.

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Some background info on Allen:
Other than some excellent organizational skills, I am not sure how Thad Allen would be better able to replace Brwon. Allen has no disaster skills.

Vice Admiral Thad W. Allen assumed duties as Chief of Staff, U.S. Coast Guard and Commanding Officer, Coast Guard Headquarters, Washington, DC in May 2002. Vice Admiral Allen is third in command of the Coast Guard and is responsible for all planning, budget, and personnel functions of the service.
Prior to this assignment he served as Commander, Coast Guard Atlantic Area, Fifth Coast Guard District; and U.S. maritime Defense Zone, Atlantic where he was the operational commander for all Coast Guard activities in an area of responsibility spanning five Coast Guard Districts, over 14 million square miles, involving 26,000 military and civilian employees, and 27,900 auxiliarists. He served concurrently as Commander, Fifth Coast Guard District, and Commander U.S. Maritime Defense Zone Atlantic. In response to terrorist events in September 2001, VADM Allen lead the effort to divert numerous assets to support local port commanders and establish critical command and control capability through the Atlantic Area. He served as the Executive agent for the Coast Guard in operations in support of Commander Fleet Forces Command, Joint Forces Command and NORAD; developing the interim Homeland Security campaign plan and joint Anti-terrorism and Force Protection procedures.

Bio of Thad Allen

AS testimony of his (or his team's) organizational skills, the link below is a transcript of Allen's testimony before congress Feb 4th 1999
Allen's Testimony

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Bush thought that when Brown said he had a lot of experience cleaning up s*it, he wasn't talking about horses.

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I think removing is not enough.

They should fly him to the New Orleans and drop him in the Waters below and then let FEMA "Rescue" him.

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I'm not trying to take a swipe at Bush, but seriously, his administration has been famous for supporting their people, right or wrong. Tenet, Bremer, Rumsfeld, etc. That is supposed to be one of Bush's strengths. When he makes a decision, he never wavers.

What made such a change in policy? I heard Bush say that "Brownie" was doing a great job a couple of days ago. Is this just political posturing, to try to shore up support for Senatorial, maybe even Presidential elections?

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 01:16 PM
link   
That press conference was a joke! What a bad (and transparent) attempt to whitewash the situation...Chertoff wouldn't even let Brown answer a question from the press! Oh yeah, he's going back to Washington to prepare for other disasters, that's really needed!

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Who appointed him as head? Thats who should go. Bogus resume and his minions dont know diddley either. It all figures.

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 01:21 PM
link   
The buck's gotta stop somewhere...and so it has...just not far up enough to where the crap really is...

Anyhow, somebody's head needs to roll, and Brown's been elected the lucky winner, hehe....not that he doesn't deserve it. Now the GOP tarnish squad kicks into overdrive making Brown look just this side of a baby-eating serial killer... Rest assurred, even more will come out about Brown before he's eventually canned (they won't can him while in the middle of this disaster, just because they don't want the "you fired the director of FEMA during a crisis" crap)...all to distract us from who also really screwed up here...the Oval Office.

What made such a change in policy? I heard Bush say that "Brownie" was doing a great job a couple of days ago. Is this just political posturing, to try to shore up support for Senatorial, maybe even Presidential elections?

Nope, it's the old political shell game... Hey! lookie what's going on over here! Meanwhile the real one to blame for this debacle gets off the hook.

[edit on 9-9-2005 by Gazrok]

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 01:22 PM
link   
CNN is saying that Brown is NOT being removed from FEMA, just taken off the Katrina assignment!!!! RATS!

( I thought maybe, the RNC may have stepped in, Brown has become so much of a liability he could adversly affect those Republicans running in the next elections, but apparently they're not so concerned after all!)

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 01:26 PM
link   
This guy is the sacrificial lamb. He was put in that position specifically to take the fall for all this. 'They' knew what was going to happen. 'They' knew FEMA would fail. 'They' knew they needed a fall guy. Watch out for the next guy!!

This is how it's done.

Peace

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
This guy is the sacrificial lamb. He was put in that position specifically to take the fall for all this. 'They' knew what was going to happen. 'They' knew FEMA would fail. 'They' knew they needed a fall guy. Watch out for the next guy!!

OMG! That hit me with the ring of truth! I hate it when that happens!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join