It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australia's New Anti-terror regime

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 09:29 AM
link   

PODcast: Australia's New Anti-terror regime
a quick overview of the proposed anti-terrorism laws John Howard wants to enact

length: 08:44
file: atspodcast_114.mp3
size: 4101k
feed: ats

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Hi,

I would just like to say, that was another great podcast BTW and keep em comeing

The new anti terror laws you mentioned are quite worrying , we (the UK) have our own terror laws in place here and they do sound similar....mabye someones copying someones work..anyhow..there was one question I wanted to ask you..

Now I like the idea of the anti terror laws in all 3 countries (The US , the UK and oz land
) but the supporters of the law's have shown some quite good reasons for thier arguements, now the question is...what if they are right?

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 06:50 AM
link   

PODcast: Australia
my reply to a question asked by devilwasp on the original podcast.......... it took too long to type out so I podcasted it instead.

length: 08:13
file: atspodcast_123.mp3
size: 3853k
feed:

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Hi,

Great reply, the points you made where very good ones and I am glad we have people like you in the world. Just one or two things I wanted to...well...discuss. As you said these laws will most likely encourage the terrorists and help them in recruiting but wouldnt any action by australia takes in any direction except changing to shia law do that also?

I also wanted to agree with you on the media comment, I couldnt agree more with it. Hell my country has one of the oldest terrorists to england , william wallace, he fought and murdered many of his own people and english people but did so for "freedom" so therefore he is a "freedom fighter" but there are terrorists who believe in the same idea of fighting for freedom but fight using bombs and snipers. The IRA wanted "freedom" from the UK but where in the minority over in NI (BTW Love you NI lads for the football the other night
). I've seen over here people having 0 idea about what a terrorist is, hell I talked to some class mates about it and they couldnt believe that my country actually beheaded people as well and raped and plundered most of the world, but thats another story..

One other thing I have to get is this "inocence" thing, when you think about the whole thing its a 2 sided sword. I mean if you have a terrorist , a real one that is, in your custody and can only hold him or her for a few hours then its next to useless with out proof. Therefore the terrorist can be outa the country in what less than a day? But saying that if you have a "suspected" terrorist and can hold him or her for days, what if you get it wrong? You would lock a person up for several days under wrong reasons.

I also didnt know about that cominist party thing BTW , pretty scary..

Anyhow, you got what I meant and thanks for the great reply I loved it!
Keep them podcasts comeing!

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 09:42 PM
link   

PODcast: Australia
my reply to some further questions posed to me by devilwasp......

length: 07:33
file: atspodcast_126.mp3
size: 3540k
feed:

new topics

top topics

join