It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

London Notification

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2003 @ 08:41 AM
link   
This notification was sent out to businesses with offices/clients in and around London today - does anyone know if any of the locations mentioned have been brought up in the past with regards to secret installations around the city?

To facilitate a multi-agency training exercise to be conducted by the Emergency Services, it will be necessary to implement traffic and pedestrian restrictions in the vicinity of the Bank Junction from 08.00 on Sunday,September 7, until 18.00 on the same day.

During this period, vehicles (except those authorised by the police) will be prohibited from entering the area bounded by the following streets (although these will remain open as through routes):

Cannon Street
Gracechurch Street
Bishopsgate
Wormwood Street
London Wall
St. Martins-Le-Grand
New Change.

During the same period, pedestrians (except those authorised by the police) will be prohibited from the immediate vicinity of the Bank Underground Station.

Bank Underground Station will also be closed for the duration of this event.

Persons requiring access to premises within the restricted area will be required to provide evidence of identity, or a letter of accreditation, for the premises concerned.

Any inconvenience that these arrangements may cause is regretted and the City of London Police would like to re-assure the public that all reasonable efforts will be made to minimise disruption, during this event.

An alert message will be broadcast through the City of London Police pager-alert (for those who have subscribed to the service) at the beginning and end of the exercise.

posted on Sep, 5 2003 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Sounds like the exercise they were planning earlier in the year that got postponed is now going ahead. The area in question is in the middle of the square mile - know it well. This is the heart of the cities financial district and im not really awere of any MOD stuff around there - the nearest site i know of and have been inside is south of the river although I guess the proximity of a garison - City Artillery i think could have some military involvement. The met had planned this exercise last year but for some reason or other it kept getting put off - and made the London local news as a sort of "London not prepared" story a few times. I doubt there is anything more sinister than that.

posted on Sep, 6 2003 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Thanks - the story on the news is now sounding vaguely familiar.

posted on Sep, 11 2003 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Try this site it might have some info

Research Study Group

[Edited on 11-9-2003 by trinityschild]

posted on Sep, 11 2003 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by trinityschild

Research Study Group

Thanks - looks like a really good site - lots of places I didn't know existed. Will take me ages to go through them all!

posted on Sep, 11 2003 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by UniversalFiction

Research Study Group

Thanks - looks like a really good site - lots of places I didn't know existed. Will take me ages to go through them all!

No Problemo, perfect for those long boring days at work

What you need to get hold of is a some books.

Secret Cold War Bunkers will do for a start.
The secret state is another good one, but the classic one is Duncan Campbell's classic 'War Plan UK'.

posted on Sep, 12 2003 @ 04:53 AM
link   

The secret state is another good one, but the classic one is Duncan Campbell's classic 'War Plan UK'.

I'll bear the titles in mind when I finally have enough cash to start buying things instead of sourcing it for free on the Net! I haven't bought a book in ages.

I somehow doubt I'll be able to pick these up the local library!

posted on Sep, 12 2003 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by UniversalFiction

I'll bear the titles in mind when I finally have enough cash to start buying things instead of sourcing it for free on the Net! I haven't bought a book in ages.

I somehow doubt I'll be able to pick these up the local library!

Actually you probaly will be able to pick up War Plan Uk in your local library, but only in the reference section.

I had to wait a year to get a copy out on Loan, and no doubt my name will be on a list somewhere for reading it.

As for the others you could just ask your local library to order them for you (I still think you can do that)

[Edited on 12-9-2003 by trinityschild]

posted on Sep, 12 2003 @ 07:19 AM
link   

...no doubt my name will be on a list somewhere for reading it...

I reckon your name was on the list way before that TC!

I'll need to pay them a visit...the library I mean, not "them" - haven't been down in ages. Some of the best material I've sourced has been online, but there's nothing like ploughing through a good book.

top topics

join