It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I saw "eyes wide shut", yesterday and...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Will that movie be based on Alister Crowley's life ? I was wondering why nobody has made a movie about him.

I saw Hannibal last night. My family and I had visited the Biltmore Mansion over the weekend. When we arrived back home my wife started searching on the Biltmore and found that Hannibal was filmed there. So we went out and got the movie just to see if it showed any areas of the house that we didn't see on tour. That is some awsome place man and one twisted movie. Chilling to say the least. He cut the top out of a mans head, exposing his entire brain, removed a piece, cooked it and fed him a piece of his own brain. The victim was on some kind of drug and recieved it gladly.

I have never seen anything like Hannibbal the Cannibal. It ends with him feeding a piece of the mans brain to a little boy who didn't like the food on the plane. "Mamma always said you should try new things." Then the camera focuses down to just one of those ice blue eyes for a second.

The movie had the most beautiful duet in it , it was in another language though so I could not tell what it was about. It actually sounded similar to the song in Eyes wide shut I''m not sure what genre that is , I suppose its opera.

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by TgSoe
Will that movie be based on Alister Crowley's life ? I was wondering why nobody has made a movie about him.

No, it's based on the novel "Moonchild" by Crowley. The book can be read in full online here:

www.hermetic.com...

I think Crowley's life would make a great movie, but to my knowledge there is no film about him, at least in a realistic sense. If you'd like to learn more about him, I would recommend his autobiography, "The Confessions of Aleister Crowley".
Also, Regardie's biography, "The Eye In The Triangle: An Interpretation of Aleister Crowley."

One of Crowley's students, the bohemian avant-garde filmmaker Kenneth Anger, has written and directed many films that are loosely based on Crowley and Thelemic Magick. In the 1940's, he released a powerful silent film called "Who's Been Rocking My Dreamboat?" that has a Crowley character.
In the 1960's he issued his most famous films, such as "Invocation of My Demon Brother" and "Lucifer Rising", starring such people as Lenore Kendall, Jimmy Page, Mick Jagger, and David Bowie. These films are available from Mystic Fire Video.

Fiat Lvx.

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 06:29 PM
link   
...So i sit down and put on the tape that i had heard so much about- that had been banned...and i wasnt impressed- i turned clockwork orange off just over half way through.

It seems Mr.Kurbecks mind is rather well strange- i dont know whether perverted is to much of a strong word to use- but to come up with ideas like that is quite disturbing. I havent seen eyes wide shut- but i cant imagine i will be doing to in the near future

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Originally posted by ML

These films are available from Mystic Fire Video.

Thanks ML I might like to check those out.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join