It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I saw "eyes wide shut", yesterday and...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2003 @ 04:45 AM
link   
... It remind me a recent affair, really similar to the story of eyes wide shot (in really worse), happening i france since a few mounth...

A serial killer, called Patrice ALLEGRE, who was a pimp and killed several "girls", declared that he was engaged by french "notables" (deputies, judges, lawyers...) to bring them some girls in "SM" parties. He gived the name of several french politics (and almost one called dOMINIQUE baudis, still known to be a corrumpted)...

He told to the police that the parties taked places in a mansion near toulouse, hold by a couple actually in jail... for proxenetism. he police came to verify, in the mansion, and found marks of blood and proffs of the parties.

He also declared that a prostitute, who wanted to talk to the police or the media, hed been killed in the mansion and trow in a lake near the mansion...but unfortunatly (what a coincidence !). The lake had been destroyed last year because of the building of an highway...

...eyes wide shut...

posted on Sep, 5 2003 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Kubrick seemed very influenced by secret societies and visions of the future.

A Clockwork Orange
even AI...which wasn't really a Kubrick movie, but still, he did the liner notes, lol

posted on Sep, 5 2003 @ 04:50 AM
link   
MarkosOrrealus At The Movies!

I recently saw Eyes Wide Shut as well. Wow!
That was very twisted and bizarre. I felt the need
to be stoned to watch it. I liked the whole Illuminati feel of the secret society of weirdos that get nekkid and
do it. Besides that I thought the movie was crap.
Its interesting that it might have been based on something real. Its not a big shocker though.

Mark

posted on Sep, 5 2003 @ 04:55 AM
link   
...and eyes wide shut make me sleep more than interested.

But it's sure that this describe things happening in secret societies (Skull and bones, illuminati, masons)...

posted on Sep, 5 2003 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by mishapscott

A Clockwork Orange
even AI...which wasn't really a Kubrick movie, but still, he did the liner notes, lol

I thought it was A Kubrick movie and Speilberg took over when he died.

posted on Sep, 5 2003 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Kubrick had been planning to do AI for years, but he was waiting for technology to catch up so he could build a real robot boy.

posted on Sep, 5 2003 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by mishapscott

Yeah, Thats why they slaughtered him

posted on Sep, 5 2003 @ 10:13 AM
link   
No surprise that people who feel powerful and protected would run amock in this twisted fasion. Also, my favorite thing about Eyes Wide Shut is that the sets mimic sets from other Kubrick films. I don't think that it was accidential. Nothing is accidental in a Kubrick film.

posted on Sep, 5 2003 @ 10:25 AM
link   
In The DaVinci Code, which is a work of fiction about the Illuminati, the author mentions the group scene in Eyes Wide Shut. He says Kubrick got it all wrong as far as portraying the orge with a sinister tone. The book is a great read, if one is interested in art, history and the whole Merovingian thing. The author's take on the Illuminati is quite different from the viewpoints I read here.

I didn't care for the film, but I did love the shivers the group scene gave me -- not to mention the flippant way Sidney Pollack dismissed the scene, with a "You're a fool to think things like this don't happen."

[Edited on 9-5-2003 by wolfclothing]

posted on Sep, 5 2003 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I'll throw in a link to Roger Ebert's 2 cents on Eye's Wide Shut.

www.suntimes.com...

"sequence has its own dramatic arc. They all lead up to and away from the extraordinary orgy sequence in a country estate, where Dr. Bill gate-crashes and wanders among scenes of Sadeian sexual ritual and writhings worthy of Bosch. The masked figure who rules over the proceedings has ominous presence, as does the masked woman who warns Dr. Bill he is in danger. This sequence has hypnotic intensity.

The orgy, alas, has famously undergone digital alterations to obscure some of the more energetic rumpy-pumpy. A shame. The events in question are seen at a certain distance, without visible genitalia, and are more atmosphere than action, but to get the R rating, the studio has had to block them with digitally generated figures (two nude women arm in arm, and some cloaked men)."

As for my opinion, I found it interesting but I seemed to stay irritated but curious through it. I kept waiting for all the events to come togther..to see some cause and effect but it never developed to its potential.

posted on Sep, 5 2003 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I saw this on TV5 not so long ago that's sick ...

I didn't liked kubrick's movies, I can handle rapes even if they are acted.

[Edited on 5-9-2003 by Salem]

posted on Sep, 7 2003 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by copcorn
No surprise that people who feel powerful and protected would run amock in this twisted fasion. Also, my favorite thing about Eyes Wide Shut is that the sets mimic sets from other Kubrick films. I don't think that it was accidential. Nothing is accidental in a Kubrick film.

maybe a sign that these things happen in even the most recognised places ? or the connection between everything in the world.

posted on Sep, 7 2003 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Kubrick's 2001 is my absolute favorite Film.
And yes..he was aware of the illuminati as do alot of top directors,writers and artists.

Even his first film "Barry Lyndon" is well done.
Though "Eyes wide shut" is based on a book called Traumaville which is basically about dreams and reality.

posted on Sep, 7 2003 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Mentioned by this writer in other threads:

Dr Strangelove is perhaps (still) more pertinent today than Eyes Wide Shut, which was heavily stylized and made knowing it would be Kubrick's last work.

I think Kubrick used it (EWS) in part to torture a couple of the actors (like he did very well in The Shining).

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nans DESMICHELS
... It remind me a recent affair, really similar to the story of eyes wide shot (in really worse), happening i france since a few mounth...

A serial killer, called Patrice ALLEGRE, who was a pimp and killed several "girls", declared that he was engaged by french "notables" (deputies, judges, lawyers...) to bring them some girls in "SM" parties. He gived the name of several french politics (and almost one called dOMINIQUE baudis, still known to be a corrumpted)...

He told to the police that the parties taked places in a mansion near toulouse, hold by a couple actually in jail... for proxenetism. he police came to verify, in the mansion, and found marks of blood and proffs of the parties.

He also declared that a prostitute, who wanted to talk to the police or the media, hed been killed in the mansion and trow in a lake near the mansion...but unfortunatly (what a coincidence !). The lake had been destroyed last year because of the building of an highway...

...eyes wide shut...

Eyes Wide Shut is based on the French novel, "La Nouvelle Revee" (Sorry I don't know french), but Arthur Schnitzler who wrote it in 1926. Maybe that's why you seemed to have the same kind of situation in your France story.

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Maybe I'm having a mental breakdown, but AI didnt have anything to do with secret societies, wasn't even influenced by it...was it?

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by slickwilly95991
Eyes Wide Shut is based on the French novel, "La Nouvelle Revee" (Sorry I don't know french), but Arthur Schnitzler who wrote it in 1926.

True. And "A Clockwork Orange" was based on the novel by Anthony Burgess, and he's done sci-fi films based on novels by Arthur C. Clark.

He was a brilliant director, but he didn't actually write the stories depicted in his films, he only adapted them from books he enjoyed.

Fiat Lvx.

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 01:54 PM
link   

He was a brilliant director, but he didn't actually write the stories depicted in his films, he only adapted them from books he enjoyed.

Excellent point - I'm a huge Kubrick fan...the most important thing you have to remember with him, is that when he would select a work to be adapted, like The Shining or A Clockwork Orange, his primary goal was to capture the feel of the book with imagery, then work in the details, sometimes with or without strict faith to the original - A Clockwork Orange actually follows the book fairly closely, but many details and events are left out and a few are altered to enhance the effect of the material

You can't watch a Kubrick film expecting it to be like anything else you've read or watched...his movies came striaght from the true emotions, and often the very fears of the performers interactions with this very stoic and visionary man...he works alot like like Felini, in that he relays what he wants to the actors and he waits for them to provide exactly what he's looking for, so in the end, you're left with his personal touch on every cut

If you want to see a movie that incorporates his amazing and ground-breaking cinematography with a little more color than Eyes WIde Shut, as I will agree that the movie spares no time with any bright or happy images, then I suggest Barry Lyndon - He not only created an entirely new lens for the camera to allow filming entirely in candlelight, but the script is very elogant and at times cheerful, although it does have that typical sour note at the end...like all his films, he wants to show the weakness of man, with only occasional glimpses of our beauty, even then, often portrayed in rapes and sex scenes...

[edit on 7/7/2004 by EnronOutrunHomerun]

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I loved the movie , I have watched it four times. I watch anything else similar to it I can find as well. Most occult movies suck hard though. Would you be so good as to excuse us.

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by TgSoe
Most occult movies suck hard though.

I recently heard that a movie version is in the making of Aleister Crowley's novel "Moonchild". Regardless of what one thinks of Crowley, this is a pretty good book, and I'm looking forward to the film.

Fiat Lvx.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join