It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

strange object?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Would any one like to provide information on this strange picture?

i find it on google image search and tried to find something on the site it was linked to www.blackvault.com that proved fruitless, maybe i wasnt looking in the right place?

any ideas people?

la2

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 06:04 AM
link   
ooohhhh.

its difficult to say, it does appear to have a raised section to the front tapiering off into a very thin end, similar to some sort of tail design. will have a look around for examples.

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 06:08 AM
link   
off the top of my head it looks to be a plane. i think it was called project snowbird or something like that. there is a page here in ats.when i find it i'll send a u2u

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 06:35 AM
link   
To me it seems to be a little small for a plane. My initial impressions of the object and the ground around it reminded me of pictures of radar test pylons such as this:

However, I know too little to comment definitively. Perhaps one of our more experienced members can shed some light on this?

[edit on 9/9/05 by Jeremiah25]

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 06:54 AM
link   
It looks like a model of the Project Snow Bird aircraft being prepared for RCS testing. This might have been taken at the RADSCAT facility. RADSCAT is the big Air Force RCS range in New Mexic where they hold competive RCS testing during The DEM/VAL phase of most contract competitions.

Tim

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Here is the page on ATS where information on the Snowbird can be found. This page also includes a zoomed-out version of your picture:

Whatever it was, the radar pylon is clearly evident. Maybe it is an aircraft after all, or a UAV of some description, although from memory I think the Snowbird is slightly before the advent of UAVs.

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Yeah, Snowbird, Ghost beat me to it...

I am still uncertain what the hell this is supposed to be but i'm not expecting anything too interesting.

top topics

join