It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien sighting and 40ft tall blue flame

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2003 @ 04:27 AM
link   
I ran across this report on a sighting. The strange thing about it, is the 40 foot tall blue flame. What would that be? Anybody ever hear of something like that?

Location. Horsham, West Sussex, England
Date: February 2003 Time: unknown

A friend of Eve Knowles-Martin reported seeing a silver suited 7 foot tall man, which apparently leapt across the width of the road in one bound. There have been other strange occurrences in the area including, strange chemical smells, no birds or wildlife present, an apparent lack of oxygen, rapid changes in temperature, and most strange of all, a bright blue light that upon closer inspection turned out to be a 40 ft vertical blue flame burning in the middle of the woods.

HC addendum
Source: Fortean Times Type: E

www.ufocasebook.com...

posted on Sep, 5 2003 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I haven't a clue about the 40 foot blue flame. As for those sightings, all that I can say is I'm glad that's not me. My britches would be soaked. In the case that I have an encounter with a strange being, I'll be sure to take some pictures as I always have my camera handy.
Thanks for posting the link.

posted on Sep, 5 2003 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Blue flame, chemical smells? Sounds like they should be checking for natural gas. Gas can cause hallucinations as well.

That would be my first guess but then I'm not looking for aliens behind every stiff fart that blows on the wind and smacks me in the nose.

posted on Sep, 5 2003 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Blue flame, chemical smells? Sounds like they should be checking for natural gas. Gas can cause hallucinations as well.

I doubt the flame has anything to do with natural gas. Could it be some type of laser beam?

Does anyone else have any idea's as to what this flame is?

posted on Sep, 5 2003 @ 03:41 PM
link   
It's anyone's guess to what the flame could be, but what I find interesting is the description of the alien. In the past few years there's been a huge increase in reports of alien "giants", especially in Europe, the Middle East, and South America.
Is it possible that there's a new (or old) race on the scene? If I remember correctly, these giants are none to friendly either.

posted on Sep, 5 2003 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Actually, they're spot on... Leaks in natural gas pipelines can cause halucinations, and certainly, if ignited, could cause the blue flame... Being the tv afficianado that I am, there's even a Simpson's episode about this, where Ned builds a Jesus-themed amusement park around such a leak, and the people are actually being subjected to the gas and suffering from such halucinations, hehe....

posted on Sep, 5 2003 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Preest

That would be my first guess but then I'm not looking for aliens behind every stiff fart that blows on the wind and smacks me in the nose.

~LOL I hear ya. This resembles the old stories of the spring heeled jack that lept large bounds over roads,houses, etc. As far as the blue flame goes im guessing it was either a ship, natural force, or something else.

~Regards
Jeff

posted on Sep, 5 2003 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I would except the natural gas idea, but they say it was in the middle of the woods.

posted on Sep, 5 2003 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Maybe like all UFO encounters this one was caused by a swamp gas refracting the light of Venus which then reflected off of a weather balloon that had been forced to the ground by a flock of geese chasing a cloud of high-flying seed pods. Occam's razor right?
That explanation is so much more believable than an extraterrestrial civilization developing in our galaxy of 100 Billion stars (and a universe of infinite galaxies). developing high technology, and deciding to visit earth.

posted on Sep, 5 2003 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Warning Extreme Sarcasm

Aliens are very real, but they are not extraterrestrials from other worlds.

The alien sighting, the chemical smell, the change in temp and the void animal life is normal, but the blue flame is unusual. Thats what I want to figure out

posted on Sep, 5 2003 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by iconoclast

Warning Extreme Sarcasm

Aliens are very real, but they are not extraterrestrials from other worlds.

The alien sighting, the chemical smell, the change in temp and the void animal life is normal, but the blue flame is unusual. Thats what I want to figure out

What do you believe aliens are? And why do you find the blue flame so unusual?

posted on Sep, 5 2003 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Here's a bit about natural gas and the blue flame issue..

The blue flame when you burn natural gas means that less unburned materials are being given off. Unburned materials, like carbon dioxide and carbon monoxide and other particles, cause air pollution. Carbon monoxide is a dangerous gas that you can't see or smell. It is very important to keep natural gas appliances working right. A yellow flame is a clue there is a problem.

albanyutil.org...

I'd like to remind everyone that there is a theory that several groups of aliens live in underground bases/caverns within the earth (based on the "Hollow Earth Theory").

The following is an selection from the book, "Underground Alien Bases" By "Commander X". 1990, Abelard Productions, Inc. This is coming from a book on my shelf, so I am unable to produce a link. Please excuse any typos:

An Entrance to the Caves in Staffordshire, England:

The story is related in 'A History of Staffordshire, by Dr. Plot, who wrote the book in the late 1770's'.

A dull, ignorant laborer was diggin a trench in a field which lay in a valley surrounded on almost all sides by woods somewhere in Staffordshire. The sun had gone down and the laborer, who later related his experience, asserted that just as he was about to stop work, his pick hit a large flat stone. The stone had an iron ring mounted in it. He stayed and cleared the stone, which was in the form of a large oblong.

His attempt to pry the stone up was met with failure, but he utilized ropes he had brought to obtain more leverage and managed to slide the stone over. This revealed a stone staircase, which sloped down into the Earth. Since his first thought was that this might lead to an ancient tomb containing treasure, he gradually descended the stone stairway. While looking back, he could still see the sky glowing with the last light of the sun. His descent continued until he was about, according to his estimation, 100 feet underground. It was at this point that he suddenly reached a sort of landing.

The planet Venus had risen by this time and was shining directly down the shaft, so that he was able to discern the beginning of another stairway, which descended at a right angle to the first one. The possibility of a treasure in gold or jewels, made him feel his way in the darkness down another 120 steps. At the foot of these steps was a turn, and far below down another long flight of stone steps, he could see a pale but steady light.

While descending this long flight of steps, he heard the sound of some sort of machinery or the rumble of a large vehicle somewhere far in the distance. He paused, frightened, but the sound was gone and in the surrounding stillness, he forced himself to go forward toward a light which glowed unnaturally in the bowels of the Earth.

Reaching the end of the steps, he found himself in a large stone chamber, the roof of which seemed far above him and the walls of which he could not see even by the light of a globe, whiich glowed on the floor before him. Suddenly a hooded cowled figure appeared from some side passageway. This being pointed what he described as a baton-like object--or as we would understand it, a tube--at the light and destroyed it with a thunderclap, which echoed and reechoed through immeasurable subterranean passageways.

The frightened laborer could not remember how he got out of the tunnel or up the stone stairway, when he related his story. Any attempts to get him to visit the valley again were unsuccessful. Others who searched for the digging were unable to locate either because of the terrible and rainstorm which occurred that night. This ripped and washed the vegetation of the valley away, leaving only the bare earth with no trace of the trench, the stone or the staircase. Because of this, the Staffordshire entrance has never been located again.

Wow my fingers are tired! LOL...

Source of entire quote:

X, Commander (1990). Underground Alien Bases (pp. 28-29). Abelard Productions, Inc.

Has anyone from the Staffordshire area heard of this rumor? Incidentally I'm trying to demonstrate that this reported "being" that leaped across the road may have come out of the ground.

posted on Sep, 6 2003 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Great story, I have heard simular stories. Do you think these creatures live underground? I believe they do

Flinx They are the nephilim from the bible

posted on Sep, 6 2003 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Great story, I have heard simular stories. Do you think these creatures live underground? I believe they do

Flinx They are the nephilim from the bible

The thought had crossed my mind... There are stories of giants in every culture.

posted on Sep, 6 2003 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

Actually, they're spot on... Leaks in natural gas pipelines can cause halucinations, and certainly, if ignited, could cause the blue flame... Being the tv afficianado that I am, there's even a Simpson's episode about this, where Ned builds a Jesus-themed amusement park around such a leak, and the people are actually being subjected to the gas and suffering from such halucinations, hehe....

how about when mr. burns IS an alien! lol

posted on Sep, 6 2003 @ 03:25 AM
link   

The thought had crossed my mind... There are stories of giants in every culture.

Bigfoot are alledgedly a highly organized underground race.

posted on Sep, 6 2003 @ 03:32 AM
link   
I think there are many different races underground. What about the Norweigens? Aren't those another alien being?

posted on Sep, 6 2003 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

A natural gas leak ignited can and WILL cause a blue flame and depending on the pressure involved can quite possibly reach 40 feet...come on people...Occams Razor here! Chemical smells, hallucinations and blue flame...sounds like a natural gas reserve underground that's worked it's way to the surface in the forest...it's quite possible and almost very probable.

Everybody seems to want to avoid the obvious in exchange for Reptiloids underground forest bases and blue flame lasers...come on people! Believing is OKAY but ignorance is what sets the sohpistication of our BELIEFS back years and years.

BTW...that Bible Themed Amusement park was dope!

[Edited on 6-9-2003 by Preest]

posted on Sep, 6 2003 @ 06:17 PM
link   

I doubt the flame has anything to do with natural gas. Could it be some type of laser beam?
Does anyone else have any idea's as to what this flame is?
Why would you doubt A JET OF BLUE FLAME COULD BE A NATURAL GAS LEAK but you would consider it may be a laser????

That's absurd. Haven't you ever seen a stove slowly ignite...ever notice the color of the flame?

I would except the natural gas idea, but they say it was in the middle of the woods.
It's not possible for natural gas reserves to run under the middle of the woods?

posted on Sep, 6 2003 @ 09:29 PM
link   
The norse had tales of the dwarves, who were the craftsmen for the gods, and they lived under the earth. perhaps another tale in myhtology?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join