It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Contract Awarded for New Orleans Body Recovery Coordination (moved from ATSNN)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 01:40 AM
link   
According to the New Orleans Times-Picayune, FEMA has just awarded a contract for the coordination of body recovery in several New Orleans-areas parishes to a private company, Kenyon Worldwide Disaster Management. The company is based in Houston, Texas, and has done similar work in the recent Asian Tsunami, as well as several air disasters.

www.nola.com
A private firm, Kenyon Worldwide Disaster Management,
has been hired by FEMA to coordinate the recovery of
bodies in Orleans, Jefferson, St. Bernard and
Plaquemines parishes.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I'm not sure what to make of this. Is the reason that body recovery and body counts have been so sluggish that the FEMA was waiting to AWARD THE CONTRACT? Does FEMA have no capability themselves for this? It's unclear exactly what is meant by "coordination", and the extent of the company's involvment. On the other hand, perhaps this outsourcing is the first thing they have done right. The company does seem to have a great deal of experience, and it appears to be the only thing they do.

I'd be interested in what others know about this company. The company has a web site at www.kenyoninternational.com...

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
www.atsnn.com...

[edit on 9-9-2005 by Bay_Watcher]

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 05:59 AM
link   
I would think that identification of the bodies would be one of the most important aspects. And then there's finding a place to bury all of them. And disease control.

This doesn't sound like something that FEMA would have the personnel to do. Identification could be very time-consuming, if they have to use DNA. Most likely, dental records would have been destroyed in the flood. And where will the bodies be stored while the identificaton is being done? Better for them to outsource it.

join