It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

51/50 or Dual Realities

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 11:50 PM
link   
What if everyone in the world that we thought or think is crazy(51/50) wasn't really crazy at all. Instead those people that see things and hear voices and are just connected to a different dimension or reality. Since this is such a stretch for most people to believe or handle they just label them as crazy.

Curious as to what anyone thinks.

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 01:53 PM
link   
There is a theory that says, that people (many or only some) who see things or hear voices, are clairaudients and clairvoyants who's psychic senses have been, usually through some traumatic event, literally "blown open", with the conscious mind being unable to process the sensory overload.

Most people who hear voices or see things don't just wake up one day experiencing this all at once. It usually starts small and builds to a "deafening" cacophony, at which point in time the conscious mind slowly looses the ability to separate manifest reality from meta-reality.

At least that's my opinion of it.

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 12:02 AM
link   
This Theory has been around for a very long time. The standards for what is sane and what is not have evolved quite a bit but there will probably never be a really solid way to make the determination.

Some people just get sick, sometimes it affects the body, sometimes the mind. I happen to think that all illness has a cause that is related to the life of the person involved but that does not make the problem any less real.

Some people have been pronounced insane for the reasons you mentioned, Event Horizon, but I think they remain a small fraction of the total. As sad as it is to say, sometimes people's minds just break down.

A.T
(-)

new topics

join