It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Email could get you five years

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Just don't say, write or whatever the heak he did that anyone should be shot or killed and he will have no problems. If someone came up to me and said "You should be shot." I am thinking they WANT me dead. sounds like a verbal assualt to me.

[edit on 9-9-2005 by Timcouchfanclub]

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Timcouchfanclub
Just don't say, write or whatever the heak he did that anyone should be shot or killed and he will have no problems. If someone came up to me and said "You should be shot." I am thinking they WANT me dead. sounds like a verbal assualt to me.

[edit on 9-9-2005 by Timcouchfanclub]

Ok. What if I came up to you and said "It is my oppinion that it would be good if you experienced an early demise".

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Ok. What if I came up to you and said "It is my oppinion that it would be good if you experienced an early demise".

Then Tim could quite rightly think that you're merely making a general statement, with no intent involved or implied.

It would be quite different from saying, "I'm going to shoot you sometime within the next few days". There we have a clear statement of intent (to commit an act.)

See the difference?

[edit on 9-9-2005 by Tinkleflower]

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I agree with this being a violation of privacy, as long as he did not say he was going to do anything he was only stating his opinion email or not, however people should be careful what they say to whom and where these days regardless. we are free to say whatever we want but some things are not said without consequences.

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alicia1K
I agree with this being a violation of privacy, as long as he did not say he was going to do anything he was only stating his opinion email or not, however people should be careful what they say to whom and where these days regardless. we are free to say whatever we want but some things are not said without consequences.

How sad that two people can not vent privately without looking behind their shoulder. Are we talking about the US or the USSR? How much longer before there is no salient difference between the two sans the extra two letters?

To say "I think xxx should be yyy" is a statement of opinion, not a threat. Any moron can tell the difference. Too bad we've put cretins in charge instead of morons.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join