It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sharks found in Lake

page: 1

join
share:
SFC

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 10:53 PM
link   
This is why I don't go in the water.

www.woai.com...

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Strange indeed. I will stick to swimming pools, thank you.

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Be carefull.............they will probably end up in swimming pools too !!

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by SFC

Please stay downwind from me ok? lol

The article does say tho, that “It's not a threat to human beings,” says Shaw. “It feeds on shrimp and small bait fish.”

Misfit

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 11:04 PM
link   
...and big toes...

Not mine!

SFC

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misfit

Originally posted by SFC

Please stay downwind from me ok? lol

The article does say tho, that “It's not a threat to human beings,” says Shaw. “It feeds on shrimp and small bait fish.”

Misfit

Yea, and they always said: "oh sharks dont hunt humans", and then last year they discovered the two sharks in Australlia hunting humans in a pack.

Id have to say a shark is really my biggest fear, and frankly I don't think science gives it its due when it comes to killing.

My biggest question is where in sweet hell did these come from?

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 05:45 AM
link   
My guess is there are many possible scenarios ,like beeing released there by people ,a could have snached them from the ocean (you know about when it rained whith fishes ,wright ?! ) ,underwater tunnel connecting more lakes ?

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Yeah, if it was found that humans released them in there as a prank -- which was a supposed theory in the article -- those people need to be arrested and charged for reckless endangerment.

They used to think a lot of sharks weren't dangerous towards humans that have been attacking recently. Personally, anything that has a mouth bigger than my head, which teeth that can rip that head off, I don't want anywhere near where I swim -- whether it eats seaweed or not.

[edit on 23-9-2005 by white4life420]

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Well, I don't know the grown size of these sharks, but in the article, the one the person caught was 37 inches, about 3 feet. A 3 feet long shark is still dangerous, but due to its size, its probably more scared of humans than we're scared of it.

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Wanna bet? Sharks could be 2 inches long, and I'd still be scared. "Jaws" forever scarred my poor little psyche forever.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Well.... of the around 300+ shark species, about 30 have been to known to attack man, around 10 that have killed people, and about 3 that are particularlly aggressive towards people; bull, tiger, blacktip. Bulls can go in fresh so..... if its connected to the ocean.... its a possibility..... otherwise when you go out into the ocean its just a risk that you take. You wouldn't be surpised if a lion attacked you if you ran around where the prides live so..... to be surpised that occasionally someone gets nipped is kind of awkward. Sharks have been here far longer than most other types of animals..... so you gotta respect them.... specially the ones longer than we are tall with mouths and teeth made to shred and destroy whatever they nom on. They've been around to the point that they can Feel you.... each pulse of your heart is felt by there electromagnetic sense, which alongside there intense sense of scent makes them rather proficient at living through the ages.

They are what i plan to study and research after/during college..... despite that I still have my fears if not more of them. But hey..... swim around other people, don't wear anything flashy or overly dark, and don't have dry blood/sores and you should be good. Water can in itself just be scary, specially when you can't see 3 inches into it..... I've been to plenty of lakes that have not possible way of having anything threatening in them.... but the general darkness of it is just.....creepy XD.....

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
If you are worried about sharks in lakes and rivers you should do some research on Bull or Zambezi sharks.

en.wikipedia.org...

top topics

join