It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"What didn't go right", Bush asks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Sometimes you got to wonder if Bush is not trying to tell on himself or if he is just not dealing with the same reality that everyone else is seeing. Many people have thought no one could mess up that bad unless it was intentional. Statements like these sure make you wonder.

We all expect our government to know things before we do, the convention center conditions were being reported on CNN and the head of FEMA says he did not know those people were there even though it was on the news and we all knew it. While i would certainly agree that the guy during a disaster does nto have time to watch tv, someone should know where their sending people to and calling it a shelter.

www.democracynow.org.../09/08/141256

Rep. Pelosi Calls On Bush to Fire FEMA Head
In other news on Capitol Hill, House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi assailed the head of FEMA, Michael Brown, who she described as having "absolutely no credentials." Before joining FEMA Brown spent 11 years as the head of the International Arabian Horse Association. Pelosi said she recently saw President Bush and urged him to fire Brown. She said the president responded to her request by saying "Why would I do that?" When Pelosi said because of all that went wrong last week, she said he replied "What didn't go right?"

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 10:03 PM
link   
He,he, maybe Mr. Bush was in one of his happy trips and could not get a grasp on reality.

He needs to go back to Texas and take another vacation to clear his mind.

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 10:29 PM
link   
As usual, he is in the dark (why does everything go wrong for my country?) about everything. Why oh why cant we have a fully functioning everything?
I swear its not my fault. " I love you people and want nothing but to protect you and serve you. Had i known you all were there sufferin i would have helped- nobody said a word.....
"I'll get to the bottom of this. We'll investigate it and see where we...errr...they failed. "

Never took responsibility before, wont do it now either.

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 10:31 PM
link   
This is just on the word of Pelosi, who just today said she couldn't remember a conversation witnessed by like a dozen other people. I don't think she's very reliable.

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 10:50 PM
link   
I'm sorry DJ, but the likelyhood that Bush uttered some nonesense is quite high as we all know.

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Here is part of the problem Bush appointed people to the jobs and none of them were qualified, seriously we can all blame the guys in charge of FEMA and homeland security but the man in charge is Bush and he is the screwup who gave them the job. When a hospital gives someone a job say a CNA or a nurse they interview and look at experience and credentials, why you might ask? Because they know thats persons work reflects on them and their management and they had better hire qualified people. Bush gave people jobs that were dealing with our security and our very lives in a disaster. and one of them has run a horse association and even got asked to resign from that. If anything the Bush administration has proven its not what you know but who you know thats important. And that takes place in every administration but most president's have enough sense to appoint their friends to positions that are not that important.

www.democracynow.org.../09/08/141256

FEMA Filled With Political Appointees, Not Disaster Experts
Questions are also being raised as to why the Bush administration chose to appoint a number of other top officials at FEMA who had no experience handling disasters. FEMA's deputy director and chief of staff Patrick Rhode, was an advance man for the Bush-Cheney campaign and the White House. The agency's third-highest ranking official, Scott Morris, was a public relations expert who worked for a Texas company that produced TV and radio spots for the Bush-Cheney campaign.

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 12:36 AM
link   
it always seems like bush is on holidays.

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 01:30 AM
link   
According to sources Mr. Bush has had 335 days in the last five years. That is almost a year out of term on holiday.

If I had that much time to play guitar, drink pina coladas and practice my putts, my brain would be all mushy too.

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 01:52 AM
link   
he should ask himself that after the NO debacle, which showed the world couple of things:

1.friggin Bangladesh can handle a flooding disaster waaaay better than the richest country in the world

2.USA is all about the money, money first, people last

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Well, remember , this is a guy who during the re-elction campaing said he couldn't think of any mistakes his administration had at all. When pressed, he said that he may have made one or two bad appointments, but he didn't want to name any names. Other than that, he was arrogant enough to think he had a perfect track-record in terms of decision-making. Hell, maybe he does, because in my opinion this guy makes no decisions at all---he's just an empty suit who goes out and makes speeches and plays the front-man for the criminal enterprise called the Bush Administration, that is in power illegitimately and is trying to loot the entire country while it can. He just needs to deliver his lines in front of the cmaera, and he is too stupid to even get that right most of the time.
---Ryan

new topics

top topics

join