It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coming to a Cemetery Near You: Video Tombstones

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 08:42 PM
link   
www.livescience.com...

MIAMI (AP) -- Video screens have shown up all over in recent years -- cell phones, bathrooms, car head rests, subway cars, even elevators. Next up: a solar-powered video panel embedded in a tombstone that plays a clip reminiscent of "This Is Your Life.''

Tasteless, you might say? A magnet for vandals?

On the contrary, says inventor Sergio Aguirre.

His soothingly named Serenity Panel is all about helping families celebrate the life of a lost loved one.

"While nothing ever replaces the gift of life, memories can now come one step closer to forever being remembered and not forgotten,'' waxes the Web site of Aguirre's company, Vidstone LLC.

The video headstone concept has been around for years, but previous inventors' ambitions have been laid to rest. One gave up for lack of demand and out of concerns his invention wouldn't be able to withstand years of harsh weather.

please, read the entire article...

it is very interesting...

and, it is the future

the inspiration for this invention:

Indeed, Aguirre says he got the inspiration for Vidstone at the March 2004 wake for his father-in-law. The mood was glum and everyone was crying.

But then a movie screen rolled down and a video tribute was played. The first photo was of his father-in-law with a martini in hand, a pink boa wrapped around him and a top hat on.

"And so everybody started chuckling and smiling and the tears kind of cleared up,'' he said.

PIC: Sergio Aguirre, founder of Vidstone LLC, poses with his product featuring a solar-powered video panel embedded in a tombstone in his Miami office Thursday, Aug. 25, 2005. The video serenity panel plays a five- to seven-minute multimedia video featuring the best moments from someone's life.

ENJOY!!!

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I'm not ready for that.
Sounds like the movie, The Final Cut, with Robin Williams

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe
I'm not ready for that.

i guess i would support it...

the only problem is that i wouldn't want random people looking at the video and maybe laughing at it when it's not supposed to be funny...

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 08:49 AM
link   
whats next? a live cam in the coffin so you can watch the decompostion, or make sure noone loots you? Naa...

Id rather have an xbox built into mine, so the kids wont mind coming to visit.

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Spliff....I prefer the Body Farm but hey...I could see the clinical/pathology benefits of such a CorpseCam

Of course getting the relatives to agree would be difficult.

Depends on how much money you offer, I guess.

(Yes, I'm cynical and jaded and am fully convinced that most people - and their relatives - would sell the rights to their "live" decomposition* for the right price)

(*just call me "contradiction in terms girl")

top topics

join