It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Democratic Debates: Who impressed you?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2003 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Just finished watching the tape delay on PBS, I guess they didn't want to go head-to-head with MNF Thursday special (yawner that it was skins over jets in case you missed it 16-13).

Dean came across very well, as usual, not as firey as he has been but hes the front runner; its up to the others to play catchup now.

Gephart was more firey than I've ever seen him but his message is still vague & lacks direction.

Edwards seems a likable sort but I'd never seen him before this debate. Spouting the same tired ideas of Libermann and Gehart.

Mosley-Braun impressed me with some interesting ideas but she will probably not get the nomination, although she would make a strong VP running mate for Dean.

Libermann... eh, same as always... YAWN!!! oh, uh... did you say something? This guy has to be the most bland dude in DC!!! How did he get elected? Does he have some photos or something? Beyond me how this guy has excelled in politics with basically no personality and zero charisma, its truly Amazing!!!

The rest were... well, blah-blah-blah!! That covers it!!

Take back America from the corporate corrupt!!

Dean for America in 2004!!!

[Edited on 5-9-2003 by USMC Harrier]

posted on Sep, 5 2003 @ 08:50 AM
link   
I missed the debates. I was watching The Skins beat the Jets. And dude, it wasn't a yawner. The score was tied 13-13 in the 4th quarter with 2 minutes left. But, fortuantely, the Skins pulled it out with a 24 yard scramble by QB Patrick Ramsey which put them in field goal range and the kicked for 3 with 6 seconds left in the game.

That's no yawner.

posted on Sep, 5 2003 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Dean is the real deal. The rest are CLOWNS. I don't agree with Dean very much. But, the man seems honest and has the courage to follow what he believes. The rest of the crowd are typical politicians corrupted by the process.

posted on Sep, 5 2003 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Dean is really their only chance, but they are still failing to agree on one and only one candidate, and it's going to cost the Dems the election....again...

Wash....Rinse...Repeat....

posted on Sep, 5 2003 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Didn't get to see it yet either. Maybe they'll re-run it.

How many times did Kerry mention his military service record and how many times did Edwards mention his parents??

I'm supporting Dean in the primaries for strategic reasons. He'll ruin the DNC which has to hit rock bottom before they get any better. Dean will help that. And - didn't I hear somewhere that if he wins the party nomination he'll be able to fire Terry Mcauliffe? (I know he wants to). My hope is he'll win the nomination, lose the election but bring more peril to the party while ousting some Clintonites along the way

posted on Sep, 5 2003 @ 12:21 PM
link   
...join the GOP dwon there at rock bottom? If you don't honestly think the republican party has hit rock bottom - with the gutlessness - the 'Us' first US second attitude- the dividing of the country for their own political gain.....you crazy!
Looks to be a Dean/Wes Clark ticket so far.

posted on Sep, 5 2003 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Wesley Clark....watch this guy...I'm telling ya....BT hit it on the head.

regards
seekerof

posted on Sep, 5 2003 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Lieberman really impressed me.
vote for him.

posted on Sep, 5 2003 @ 12:48 PM
link   
USMC Harrier,

Your Zen-esque question belongs in the religion/spirituality forum. What is the color of nothing? If a tree falls in the forest, does it make a sound? What impressed you about the Democratic candidates? --- these are all questions designed to provoke the listener's enlightenment by having him confront a proposition which is inherently irrational. 'Impress' and 'Democratic candidates"...?

posted on Sep, 5 2003 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Dean: governor of a state with a population of 600k. (with what, 4k minorities?)

Clark: Oversaw an 80 day air campaign. (what else again)

Uh, yeah, uh, those are the guys I want runnin' the country. Nice ticket BT.

(And, BT, they have no connection to the oil business, they're totally unqualified!
)

[Edited on 6-9-2003 by Bob88]

posted on Sep, 7 2003 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Dean/Bush: Ran a small state to blueprint level of success, college wrestling star, actually earned a PhD
vs. cheerleader, Ran a big state to the top of the list in everything bad, while also sinking it to the borrom of the list in everything good! I especially like the fact that the falsified numbers of graduates are coming to light in Houston ( read: his education top man sang that as his best accomplishment!)

Clark/Cheney: Supreme Allied Commander, well educated, well spoken via direct no bullshyte detail, well known tactical wonderboy who worked for/was extremely respected/sought out for opion & direction by Republican and Democratic presidents and only declared a party affiliation after being asked to lie about an Iraqi connection to 9/11 by this disgraceful form of Republicanism

vs.
the poster child of crony capitalism, uber-elitist, in-hiding-all-the-time-because-he-IS-THE-REAL-PRESIDENT, president of the shadow government domestic & global chapters, heart-attack-waiting-to-happen

Bush ever winning a presidential election? onlyinyourdreams !!!!!

posted on Sep, 8 2003 @ 12:27 AM
link   
I just watched a rerun of the Democratic Debates. Howard Dean IS NOT A LIBERAL like the enemy tries to make him out to be. Hell, if Libermann somehow won the nomination, I bet you the Republicans would call him a peace-mongering, hippy pot smoker.

Don't get me wrong, I still think Dean is the best candidate. With Wesley Clark, he might have a chance. Second choice would be Kerry. Him having Clark for VP might be military overkill so I say he should look to Carol Mosley-Braun. But of course this country isn't ready for a Black female Vice President...

[Edited on 9/8/2003 by Flinx]

new topics

top topics

join