It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas Grand Jury Indicts PAC of House Majority Leader Tom DeLay

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 06:49 PM
link   
More of the same. DeLay's spokesman claims "limited role."

Grand Jury Indicts PAC Connected to DeLay
YahooNews.com
By APRIL CASTRO, AP
1 hour, 48 minutes ago

AUSTIN, Texas - A Texas grand jury has indicted a political organization formed by Tom DeLay, accusing it of taking illegal corporate money as the House majority leader helped Republicans win control of the Texas Legislature and keep Congress in GOP hands.

DeLay, R-Texas, was not indicted by a Travis County grand jury in the charges made public Thursday, although three of his political associates were charged earlier. District Attorney Ronnie Earle, a Democrat, said he had no jurisdiction over DeLay's personal conduct.

A prominent Texas business group also was charged, in what Earle called an attempt to funnel "massive amounts of secret corporate wealth" into Texas campaigns.

State law prohibits use of corporate contributions to advocate election or defeat of state candidates.

Once DeLay helped Republicans win control of the state Legislature in 2002, the majority leader engineered a Republican redistricting plan that gave the state's U.S. House delegation a 21-11 majority in the current Congress. The effort helped Republicans increase their House margin by five seats this year.

Kevin Madden, DeLay's spokesman, said the majority leader only played a limited role in the political organization, Texans for a Republican Majority Political Action Committee — also known as TRMPAC. He served on the organization's advisory board and appeared at fundraising events, Madden said.

If DeLay cronies aren't willing to take the fall this time however, they'll flip on DeLay. Or the historically ethics challenged DeLay could be innocent and this all just an attack on people of faith.

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 06:57 PM
link   
What!!!!!!

Delay in hot waters again,
I have been wandering why he has been so quiet lately, and so low profile.

But is nothing that is done that eventually will come back to bit you in your butt.

We may not heard much about all this due to the media concentrating on the south.

But I guess is justice after all.

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Thanks RANT

I find it interesting that there is no mention of this in the local Texas news.
I have just finished searching ABC / NBC / CBS/ Fox / UPN and TXCN (Texas Cable News Network) and there is absolutely nothing on this.
Makes me wonder why.

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by kenshiro2012
Thanks RANT

I find it interesting that there is no mention of this in the local Texas news.
I have just finished searching ABC / NBC / CBS/ Fox / UPN and TXCN (Texas Cable News Network) and there is absolutely nothing on this.
Makes me wonder why.

Yeah, the timing was almost a gift. Perhaps even a struck deal under the table. There'll be no perp walks on this one. Just an indictment for trial anyway. Plenty of time to get nasty.

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 07:14 PM
link   
What can I said anytime that I bring corporate power in the government and corruption I am beaten to death by some.

I will ask to Tom DeLay now, "Who's your daddy"

new topics

top topics

join