It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brotherhood of the Wolf

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2003 @ 02:28 AM
link   
I was researching the history of he whole story behind this, and it has never been written down or drawn out, the remains of the beast remain unknown. It was a animal that they have never seen before, supposedly it was that of a lion, but the way that the beast reacted was different from that of a lion. As for the theory of it being a wolf, it was far to big to be a wolf, but once the beast had been killed off, all the wolves around the area had disappeared. I was wondering if anyone else had looked into this topic, and had any other information.

posted on Sep, 5 2003 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Search for "The beast of Gevaudan".

posted on Sep, 13 2003 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I take it you saw the film huh

posted on Sep, 15 2003 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Cool movie you should see it!

posted on Dec, 27 2003 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by THENEO
Cool movie you should see it!

It kept me hooked from the beginning !

posted on Dec, 27 2003 @ 12:27 AM
link   
The movie R-O-C-K-ed!!

two thumbs up:

I haven't researched to see if it was a factual incident or fiction but should be interesting to see what some will find on this.

regards
seekerof

posted on Dec, 27 2003 @ 01:17 AM
link   
If this is the movie that starred the guy from"The Crow" then it sucked big time!! In the end it was only a lion in a fancy suit which did not explain how it could wreck the farmhouses like it did. And all the fancy martial arts stuff ......give me a break! MY GOD SOMEBODY PLEASE MAKE A REAL SCAREY MOVIE PLEASE!!! I am so tired of comedies masquerading as horror. If this is not the movie mentioned, then ignore my rant and carry on. As to the mythical beast here are some lame links.

BEAST1

BEAST2

BEAST3

BEAST4

BEAST5

This sounds like a chupacabra to me from the ridged back to the bloodless corpses to the large leaps of 20 feet or more.

[Edited on 12-27-2003 by groingrinder]

posted on Dec, 27 2003 @ 11:57 AM
link   
it wasn't supposed to be a horror film, it was more of a adventure film. that was the guy from the crow the series, not the movie!

posted on Dec, 27 2003 @ 03:10 PM
link   
The story was excellent. It was a perfect example of Problem-Reaction-Solution, except that in the end the protaganist realised what was going on and dealt with it. And I think it was based on a 'true' account of something that happened in France in the 1700's.

posted on Dec, 27 2003 @ 03:11 PM
link   
And no, it wasn't Chupacabra

posted on Dec, 28 2003 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I believe it was was from 1764-1767 give or take a few years, but it happened in a 3 year time span. Alot of theories arisen about the existence of the beast, from count vargo to the catholic church. But nonetheless it is a factual event. Well kind of. There are accounts of Louis XV stressing about the chaos that was occuring in france, during the terror of the beast. If I can find the history book that talks about this, I'll post it up.

posted on Dec, 28 2003 @ 09:57 PM
link   
MY GOD SOMEBODY PLEASE MAKE A REAL SCAREY MOVIE PLEASE!!!

i was just talking to someone about that today. i want something that leaves me shaken at the end. i think the scream and Last summer movies are funny.... those dumb arses. well to be honest, i havent seen a whole heck of a lot of "scary" movies but i wouldve heard of any that were REALLY good. thats all i want people. something that makes me SCARED not slightly uncomfortable. I WANT TO WATCH MY BACK AND LOOK BEFORE TURNING CORNERS. is that too much to ask?

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 03:12 PM
link   
The commercials were the coolest thing.....to bad the movie was rather lame.
That actor who played the Martial Arts Indian has appeared in several Caporeria style flicks besides the crow series.

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Actually he only appeared in one Capoeira style flick which was Only The Strong (best movie ever, well only because I do capoeira, lol) But yeah... I still need to see Brotherhood of the Wolf, I hear its the #.

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I like the actor, although his name escapes me, and the tv series. I thought that the movie was not historically accurate and the martial arts was waaaaay over the top. I believe the movie should have shown a mythical beast and not a lion dressed up to look like one. Like I said prev. a lion could not have wrecked the buildings like the movie lion did. Perhaps the beast was some form of alien livestock that escaped when a ufo crashed.

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Marc Dacascos is his name...

top topics

join