It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tropical Storm Orphelia is now a Hurricane

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 04:13 PM
link   
MSNBC tv is now reporting that tropical storm Orphelia has now been upgraded to a Hurricane.
As of this time, Orphelia is still heading towards Florida and is expected to strike areas that Katrina missed.
I do not have a link as of yet to the news story as it is only being aired at the moment.
I do have the following link that goes over the track that Orphelia is expected to take.
Orphelia strengthens

[edit on 8-9-2005 by kenshiro2012]

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Update, NOAA has issues Hurricane Warnings for the East coast of Florida
NOAA

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 04:16 PM
link   
do you think all of these huricanes are increasing i know the gulf stream is causing it but is it happening more often?

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I think you need to have an account to view the context of that link (Orphelia strengthens).

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Well according to NOAA, they are expecting an increase.

Aug. 2, 2005 — A very active Atlantic hurricane season is underway, and with more storms projected, NOAA today increased the number of storms in its 2005 hurricane season outlook. NOAA expects an additional 11 to 14 tropical storms from August through November, with seven to nine becoming hurricanes, including three to five major hurricanes. In total, this season is likely to yield 18 to 21 tropical storms, with nine to 11 becoming hurricanes, including five to seven major hurricanes

NOAA Hurricanes

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Useful
As per my initial post, the news is breaking over the air, I do not ahve a direct link to the story. I did post a link that shows that Orphelia is strengthening as well as the track that it is projected to take.
Sorry for any confusion there.
Still waiting for the news orgs to update sites so that I can provide links to the news articles.

Ask and you shall recieve. Here is msnbc's link
Orphelia is now a Hurricane and is threatening Fla and Ga.

[edit on 8-9-2005 by kenshiro2012]

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 04:24 PM
link   
This is the running thread on Ophelia.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

join