It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Australian Islamic Magazine Campaign - "9/11 Was a Massive US Hoax"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 04:05 PM
link   
A campaign has been launched by Australian magazine "Mecca News" arguing that the 9/11 attacks on the Pentagon and Tade Towers were a massive US led hoax and says a plane did not crash into the Pentagon. Islamic fundamentalist cleric Sheikh Mohammed Omran accuses Australia of only now catching up to the debate on what really happened. Mecca News editor in chief, Omran was recently snubbed by Australia's prime minister and was left out on a summit with Muslim leaders after he raised questions about 9/11, saying he wished to spark healthy debate on the issue.

www.smh.com.au
"It is not seen as `patriotic' to challenge the widely accepted theory, however things are changing," Mecca News says.

It also praises Sheikh Omran, its editor in chief who was snubbed by Prime Minister John Howard by being left out of a recent summit with Muslim leaders, for "breaking the ice" and raising questions about who was responsible for September 11.

Sheikh Omran said he wanted to spark healthy debate through his newspaper.

"If all society agrees on something, that is very unhealthy," he said.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

After the introduction of Australia's tough new anti-terrorist laws which actually stop most forms of protests, it will be interesting to see how this case is handled by the Australian Government. Whispers of 9/11 conspiracy are nothing new but what makes this different is that it is the first time such a public campaign has begun in Australia, which has publicly across the board accepted that 9/11 was created by Islamic Terrorists.

Related News Links:
www.iisca.org

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 04:08 PM
link   
haha, and this is news how again??

I am pretty sure most of us on ATS knows that already exept HowardRoak or whatever his name is.

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 04:17 PM
link   

So that means that if everyone agrees with them that it was a hoax.. it's very unhealthy? I mean, the logic does follow...

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Somewhere between the two bizarre extremes of the "official" conspiracy theory and what Mecca News has to say, lies the truth.

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Interesting story. Worth following to see where it goes, how Australia reacts - and what happens legally.

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThichHeaded
haha, and this is news how again??

I am pretty sure most of us on ATS knows that already exept HowardRoak or whatever his name is.

*4 planes went missing that day for the sole purpose of crashing them causeing death and destruction
2 crashed into the WTC
1 crashed in Penn.
Sooo......
Why did the terrorists (or US government if you believe that) decide not to crash the other plane?

*If you believe it was a missile....where did the missile come from? And why did no one detect it?

*Where's the plane now?

*The word "hoax" would indicate it 9/11 didn't happen. An urban legend. 9/11 happened.

[edit on 8-9-2005 by ThatsJustWeird]

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Well...
I am pretty sure that a plane hit the pentagon... I didn't see it myself, but several ATS users did... and that is enough for me until i am shown something convincing otherwise...

But as to "who" or "what" did the piloting... ???
and why???

and who allowed who to do what to who and when??? (and how)
dunno...
But i am fairly sure that a real honest to goodness jet hit the pentagon...

does that make me a Sheeple?... well then BAHHHH to ya...

I think these muslims need to check the paranoia meter before they look like idiots and make the whole 9-11 conspiracy look bad...

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Esoterica

So that means that if everyone agrees with them that it was a hoax.. it's very unhealthy? I mean, the logic does follow...

Yes, if everyone believed it was a hoax, we might want to consider whether or not it actually happened, just to be sure and not take others' words for it; what's important is finding the truth for yourself, and that does not mean simply trying to confirm your preconvictions.

apc

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Now that's some funny stuff right there...

I still don't get where the whole 'conspiracy' comes in at. Our tactics were nothing new. 9/11 was just like the Lusitania, Pearl Harbor, Kuwait, etc etc etc.
We knew something was going to happen.
We gave it some encouragement.
We waited.
We were given our excuse to do what we wanted to do.

Conspiracy shmiracy. We know what we're doing.

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Well, APC, what if our leaders really wanted to get to some war in the Mid-East and needed a new Pearl Harbor (as they themselves actually did say, or PNAC at least I think it was), but al Qaeda wasn't about to do jack crap? Maybe start a Reichstag Fire and make a Pearl Harbor for themselves?

apc

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Nah. It's way easier to just manipulate the poor fools into attacking us.

Works every time.

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Well, many occultists keep talking about the power of the mind. Perhaps, if we all believed it was truly a hoax, then the next time I'm in New York, the twin towers would still be standing.

Seriously, this is the kind of rhetoric that makes the entire conspiracy community look like a bunch of tinfoil hat wearing idiots.

In regards to another reply on this thread, I think it's too late for these people to prevent themselves from looking like idiots, and it's more like time for damage control.

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Hi all, Aussie here to answer your questions about Osram.

The guy is a nutter, but we are so lay back here that we don't toss him out of the country. Here's a couple of things we can attribute to this fool....

1. He runs a bookshop in Melbourne where you can actually buy books about how to make bombs, being a suicide bomber, & enciting racial hatred towards whites.

2. He is credited with saying that any women who dress as we do in western society are just asking to be raped!! Pretty much all the Aussie women were appalled by that one, yet he's still here flapping his gums.

Why was he left out of the summit in Australia? Simple. Because he is an extremist & a radical & to invite him to a summit on terrorism & tactics in thes country would have been just like handing over sensitive information directly to Osama Bin Laden. You'd invite someone of his standing to your summit? I would not either. Healthy debate? I don't think so, he was wanting information & to sabbotage the whole summit. He's a looney.........I hear the clown music every time I hear him speak or read whoat he's up to next.

I suggest you guys do a Google search on Sheikh Mohammed Omran & you'll be amazed at this guys form. I'm worried that we allow this man to stay in our country.

The Australian Govt will probably be shaking their heads in disbelief at what is going to come out of this fools mouth next.

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 11:57 PM
link   
here's a link to some info about the summit, if you're interested. You'll see that he is considered to be a radical here in Australia & that's why he wasn't invited....

www.heraldsun.news.com.au...

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Well as an Aussie woman I say he should have been invited to the summit, his peers could have discussed his ideas with him and maybe sorted some of it out with him..who knows, not you or I thats for sure. No-one really knows what crap is going on in Australia except little Johnny Eyebrow and his cronies.

I am not saying he was not an extremist but he should have, as a high ranking islamic cleric, been involved in the talks that involved his people.

And its no use complaining about his shop in Melbourne selling books that incite racism or learn how to make a bomb, google has been doing that for people for years along with the internet.

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 12:07 AM
link   
hey, I'm not complaining about it, I'm just stating the fact.

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Sorry I should have worded that better.

I was more talking the government and all the groups that came out crying when it was recently discovered and hit headlines here. Sorry

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mayet
And its no use complaining about his shop in Melbourne selling books that incite racism or learn how to make a bomb, google has been doing that for people for years along with the internet.

HEy if complaining that nut jobs selling this type of material in Aussie shops makes anyone a racist i`ll wear the labbel with honour.

The internet has censor applications for a reason,because its very difficult to police.
Shops on our street should be policed when it comes to this type of a market.

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 12:57 AM
link   
www.smh.com.au...'s-comments-inflammatory/2005/07/24/1122143727561.html?oneclick=true

He also said a major study of the motivation of suicide bombers, taking in the past 25 years, had found they were typically motivated by disputes over land and not a hate of western values.

"Most suicide bombers are not driven by religion, but rather by secular and political goals," the Sheik said.

On Sptember 11:

"It is true that I have reserved judgement on the identity of those who committed these atrocities, however, you have erred in claiming that I laid responsibility for the London bombings on the Amercians," the Sheik wrote to Mr Howard.

"I have never made such a statement. Rather, I am not satisfied that the individuals behind these evil acts have an Islamic agenda."

"Events since September 11, through to the Bali Bombings, and now the recent London bombings, have mainly brought harm to Muslims worldwide."

Sheik Omran's letter also said it was wrong of the Prime Minister to discount his views on September 11 as, he said, there were more than a million websites and 3000 books published "discussing different opinions as to the perpetrators of this act."

The man is eloquent, if nothing else. He also says he has repeatedly denounced terrorism in his sermons.

"In fact we have said such (terrorist) acts are forbidden, both in the media and in our sermons."

"...We consider ourselves Australians working for the betterment of Australia. Those of us who came from other countries appreciate how the people of this country have accepted us with open arms."

This article can't seem to make up its mind. It says Omran has described Bin Laden as a "great" man, but gives no quote, meanwhile the letter it does quote is a study in reasonableness.

The one who frightens me is Sheik Khalid Yassin, read the article to find his comments.

top topics

join