It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The X-Files episode analysis

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I didn't see any thread concerning the X-Files that would be more specific than the already existing ones. So i posted a new thread in order to discuss
furthermore the episodes. First i would like to ask if the series ended at season 9. Please join the discussion if you think that the X-Files, no matter if they started at 1993, still are as interesting as they used to be.

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 04:27 PM
link   
So, i'll make the start;
today i so the 'Piper Maru' and 'Apocrypha', episodes that highlight the worth of the X-Files.
But let's get to the point; throughout those episodes i remember the abduction of Scully and the -very interesting episodes- 'Nisei' and '731'. OK, lets stand here; I have a question; in '731', a member of the conspiracy team that also the Cigarette Smoking Man join, said to Scully about an illness in those bodies and then Scully told Mulder that there are no such thing as alien abductions and that stuff. That she was abducted by that japanese scientist in that train.
So i'm asking, what's the truth of all that?
I post a theory; Scully was indeed abducted by him, but alien abductions DO EXIST and that, except from innocent human, also an alien-human hybrid was made product of immunity efforts against viruses and radiation.
Furthermore, in 'Anasazi' it was indeed human-alien hybrids those at this which was discovered by the indian. Finally, i believe that in the X-Files there are leads that present you a simply unexplained theory about something, but also connect the alien clue and that's what make it better. Post your theory about those episodes...

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Yes Season 9 was the last season, but hopefully X-files 2 will start filiming sometime in this decade. My favourite Episodes of each season are:

1-EBE, Darkness Falls
2-Little Green Men, The Host
3-Jose Chungs"From Outer Space"
4-Musings of A Cigarette Smoking Man, Tempus Fugit/Max, Gethsemane
5-Redux 1&2, Usual Suspects, Bad Blood
6-Dreamland 1&2, Monday, Arcadia
7-X-Cops, FPS

Seasons 8 & 9 were alright, but once Duchovny left things just weren't the same. The plot suffered and there wasnt the DD-GA dynamic that made the show great in the first place.

To answer your questions, just watch The Truth. I was a bit confused about the story even after seeing every epsisode, but The truth made it as clear as its gonna get.

[edit on 10-9-2005 by Charlie Murphy]

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Well, since Duchovny's career didn't do as much outside of the X-Files as he thought it would, maybe he'll consider revamping the X-Files.

I know he's excited about doing a movie, which anyone, besides himself, has yet to confirm, so maybe a resurrection of the TV series wouldn't be too far off.

One can hope, I guess.

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I hope they don't start a new series of the X-Files. They should drop it...They've left it open and that's awesome. I don't think they could start a new series without destroying the old series. The X-Files was always about the conspiracy and it's greater and bigger implications...leave it open for the imagination of us fans. Let us decide what happens next.

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by elderban
Well, since Duchovny's career didn't do as much outside of the X-Files as he thought it would, maybe he'll consider revamping the X-Files.

I know he's excited about doing a movie, which anyone, besides himself, has yet to confirm, so maybe a resurrection of the TV series wouldn't be too far off.

One can hope, I guess.

According to Dean Haglund (Langly) at Dragoncon, the holdout is Chris Carter, who developed the X-Files. Most of the contracts have been signed and there are rumors of scripts, but nobody can get a signature from Carter. Duchovny had some interesting ( read "odd") takes on it back in April: filmforce.ign.com...

I take it you don't hang out on the X/F fan boards on Usenet (alt.tv.x-files and alt.tv.x-files.creative and uk.media.tv.x-files ) or THE big news site at www.xfroadrunners.com... XFRoadrunners is probably the best source for news and information.

(I run a Lone Gunmen website, which is why I'm current on this.)

[edit on 15-9-2005 by Byrd]

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 02:28 PM
link   
My Sunday evenings have not been the same since Fox stopped showing the program.

My favorite X-File show is I think is called the Moth Man Prophecy.

It was about a survey team plotting a forest for development and these camouflaged creatures would pick off people one by one, shove them in a tunnel and suck the life out of them!!

My wife hides under the covers when this episode airs.

My favorite X-File personallity is Alex Krycheck.

He played a good bad guy who was tying to do good.

And of course the edible Gillian Anderson, she may be short, but in my bood she is quite the babe!

Have you seen her as a blond, OMG!!!!!

I ended up getting the entire series on DVD, good mind candy for long road and air trips.

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by SIRR1
My favorite X-File personallity is Alex Krycheck.

He was great, a brilliant character. I was never really sure whose side he was on.

It was about a survey team plotting a forest for development and these camouflaged creatures would pick off people one by one, shove them in a tunnel and suck the life out of them!!

Awesome episode, it's called Detour, from season five
but that really is a great episode.

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 02:25 AM
link   
I just wanna say that the x-files is DEFINTELY based on true events! It even says so! On the very first episode. I watched it when I was 5 (even though it came out when I was two or three) and I got so freaked out. I watch it now and don't though. I love that show!! It is sooooo real it isn't even funny! The only thing that is fake is the x-files like actual things and that the FBI are good. cause they, in real life, are bad.

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Conspiracy Theorist06
I just wanna say that the x-files is DEFINTELY based on true events! It even says so! On the very first episode.

Yes, the first episode is based on an actual string of events...not the entire show.

It is sooooo real it isn't even funny! The only thing that is fake is the x-files like actual things and that the FBI are good. cause they, in real life, are bad.

Without the FBI, the US, and probably other countries, wouldn't be as safe as they are.

The X-Files is a very clever science fiction show that sometimes borders on actual conspiracy theory and once in a while it uses fact to spin a more interesting story.

[edit on 26-9-2005 by shorty]

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Guys, even though we are talking about having fun with X-Files, i agree that show real events; Maybe i started seeing them late, but i'll give a very interesting example; In Season 3, in 'Wetwired' they talk about mind-control, a thing we are talking about 9 years later...

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 01:18 AM
link   
What sends chills down my back is how chris carter "made these up" like in season 2 "our town" reminds me of a KFC incident in San Jose, CA. Things like I think he predicted the world trade center thing and when it happened he was questioned by the GOV. Really Really creepy

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 04:48 PM
link   
ive just read from my tv mag gillian anderson sayin that she would happily reprise her role as scully but it wont happen befor ethe before the end of next year.
but she does say thatshes hoping her new role in a charles dickens drama remake, bleak house, will shake of the role as scully so we'll have to see

fav episode; musings of a cigarette smoking man

[edit on 24/10/05 by mik0001000]

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Mik thats my favortie episode too!! I loved the JFK thing that was REALLY COOL!

posted on Oct, 25 2005 @ 05:38 AM
link   
it was a new explaination for me no grassy nole no mafia just one agent in a grid wow now if only we could prove it
another great episode , improbable
ps do you know were my signature quote is from

[edit on 25/10/05 by mik0001000]

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 01:48 AM
link   
I don't know what that quote is from and I haven't seen 'improbable' if I knew what season it was maybe I could try to see it. I only have seasons 1 and 2 but I have seen a lot of episodes from other seasons. Some of them are just plain weird. Especially the religion ones

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 06:17 AM
link   
the quote is from the end of 'the musing of ....' said by cgb spender, the smoking man.
improbable is one of the first in series 9 it has burt reynolds heres a review;
A serial killer is murdering women who have numerological connections. An unusual individual, played by Burt Reynolds, seems to always be around, but he neveer directly intervenes. Naturally, Reyes is the only agent to spot the numerological connection, but Scully noticed some bruising on the seemingly random victims that proves they are connected killings. In the last of a long string of seemingly improbable random events, Scully, Reyes and the killer all end up sharing an elevator. Scully realizes who he is, and after some time locked in a parking garage, they apprehend him (with help from Doggett.)

burt reynolds seems to be some sort of 'god' who can predict things because of there numerology + the episode has some quite good lip sinking by him and the cast to french songs.

[edit on 26/10/05 by mik0001000]

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 02:06 AM
link   
another good episode is Field Trip. Its really weird.

posted on Nov, 6 2005 @ 04:11 AM
link   
I saw the "Musings of a Cigarette Smoking Man" last week and i liked it very much, though it was an episode projecting his past. All of them show some truth... The 4th season starts to be one of the best until now.

posted on Dec, 27 2005 @ 12:11 AM
link   
I just downloaded all 9 seasons of the X- Files, With Out a Doubt my favorite episode has to be the ones about E.B.E's and the CSM, that man has no soul lol.

Some Times I wonder if all the stuff on ATS somehow started off because of the X-Files, 2012, E.B.Es, Shadow Agencies and what not...I mean were would this website be with out the X-Files??

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join