It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

That didn't take long...(Bumper Sticker)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Well, I ran across this on DU. It did not take long for people to financially capitolize on the tragedy taking place in New Orleans instead of just politically doing so. For those of you who will start salivating when you see the bumpersticker and want to get your own copy, check out the second reply to this thread.

Here's the sticker:

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Salavate is right. DU is a bastion of hate and/or contempt, but much in the same way Free Republic is.

The bumper sticker is partisan idiocy, and the fact that anyone would actually support either of the major two parties is beyond reason and betrays love of country.

It's cowardly.

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I would like to ask you, Jake, as I'm sure you've read about the holding back of relief services - the cronyism appointments - the ineptitude - the president staying on vacation 3 days after & then going to pick up a guitar- the VP(president) not cutting vacation at all - the SoS shopping for $7K shoes - the massive Federal cuts in needed repairs - the death toll being estimated by Mortuary services to top 40,000........can't you relate as to why people are that viscerally angry?

Maybe this will help:

www.bushnews.com...

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I can understand, to a degree, the anger. There are a lot of questions I have in regards to how this crisis was handled, and I want them answered. I don't really understand, though, how pointing the finger is going to help at this point in time. Since this tragedy and the politicization of it, I've lost a lot of respect for people I used to respect, seeing them for the political hacks they are (Hannity is #1 right now.)

Look, however, at the subject of the thread on DU, and tell me what the purpose of this was.

How to REALLY piss off a Republican on the road:

Because of the possible ineptitude of the administration, and I say possible because we have nowhere near all the facts of this issue yet, all republicans are at fault? Even if Bush dropped the ball here, brought Katrina into New Orleans, then withheld all aid and help because he "doesn't like black people," are we Republicans now somehow all prophets who knew this would happen when we voted for him?

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Because these questions and trends were clearly & unmistakenly demonstrated from 2000 to 2004, and the vote for him was based on nothing remotely resembling a desire for the welfare of all of the Country, yes, staunch Republicans unwaveringly supporting Bush are to blame. They give the appearance of mandate & benediction to an administration that blasphemed all the check & balances/transparency/institutions of the Executive branch.
There is no 'possible' ineptitude - it's tragically concrete. You get angry over some hack or pissed citizen making a few cents off a bumber sticker, yet you don't get angry over a 1/2 $million given to a Bush /Cheney fundraiser charged with the outsourced planning of disaster preparedness for NOLA? Or the top 3 individuals running FEMA being all cronyism appointments with zero experience in diasaster planning/response? Or successive funding cuts in the face of 4 years on consecutive dooms day scientific reporting on why it was needed?
This was the very same campaign which literally said " voting for the other team will get you killed" in 2004, straight from the president himself ( Cheney).

It's a extremely tough argument for you to stand with this crowd supporting them and say you're all good & being slammed unfairly.

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I pride myself on wordsmithery, and think Olberman nailed it.

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bout Time
www.bushnews.com...

Most Excellent!

"The responsibility of government for the public safety is absolute and requires no mandate. It is in fact, the prime object for which governments come into existence." - Churchill

Edit - The bumper sticker is stupid.

The blood of New Orleans was spilled as a result of a terrible tragedy and many of those lives were lost because of the ineptitude, incompetence and downright heartlessness of several people, certainly not all republicans. But that would make a lousy bumper sticker.

[edit on 8-9-2005 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyJethro

The bumper sticker is partisan idiocy, and the fact that anyone would actually support either of the major two parties is beyond reason and betrays love of country.

It's cowardly.

I've always thought that kj.... I suppose you jj are salivating over the comment that you want the rest of us to read?!

Betrays love of country indeed.

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 05:01 PM
link   
That piece of audio was a moving piece of propaganda. America is pathetic, we can't do anything about a standing body of water, also known as the worst disaster in American history.
If only Bush used the correct language, everything would have been better. How dare someone misspeak in the wake of this disaster!

By the way, you have no idea what does and doesn't piss me off. You've managed to tweak me on a couple of occasions, but that's to be expected when debating over opposite ideologies.

You get angry over some hack or pissed citizen making a few cents off a bumber sticker, yet you don't get angry over a 1/2 $million given to a Bush /Cheney fundraiser charged with the outsourced planning of disaster preparedness for NOLA?

Disappointed is a better word. Having only really been following politics for about 5 years avidly, I've never seen reactions when the tables are turned. Now I'm seeing them, seeing Sean Hannity defending every action of the administration with some of the most baseless logic I've heard before. Seeing the glee of these carrion lovers at knowing they now have a good position on Republicans. All of it is extremely disappointing.

Of those things you mentioned that apparently don't bother me, how many of them were you aware of before the New Orleans disaster struck? If you knew of them before, why didn't you ever post anything about them? How many more things just like this do you think are out there that we won't hear about unless a disaster strikes? The levy problem in New Orleans has been known for almost 40 years now. Unfortunately, events came to a head just recently. Yet, why, then, is it all Bush's fault?

It's a extremely tough argument for you to stand with this crowd supporting them and say you're all good & being slammed unfairly.

I guess the only way I could do that is if I was a staunch democrat.

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Can you imagine the vitirol from the GOP if a Democrat had of been in office during Katrina and had of been as inept as the President and his men?

For cryin out loud, Clinton was impeached for a BJ and still the Republicans hammer him even though he's been out of office for almost 10 years.

I'm ashamed to be a Republican with such blatant hipocracy. My republican friends are beginning to see how they were conned. The reason I'm a republican in the first place was i thoutht the GOP would favor the small businessman of which I am one. All the real benifits go to the multinational corperations like enron and haliburton while the IRS hits us little guys like a step child.

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake
I guess the only way I could do that is if I was a staunch democrat.

So the partisan bumper sticker is disgraceful, but you can make a partisan slam and it's just peachy, huh. Jake, I'm disappointed, bud.

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic[/i

So the partisan bumper sticker is disgraceful, but you can make a partisan slam and it's just peachy, huh. Jake, I'm disappointed, bud.

Be as disappointed as you choose to be. That's how I interpretted Bout's comment.

Originally posted by whaaa
Can you imagine the vitirol from the GOP if a Democrat had of been in office during Katrina and had of been as inept as the President and his men?

Sadly, I'm getting the idea. It really seems to be a win at all costs atmosphere. As I said, I never really followed politics while the Democrats were in power; I've only been following them since the GOP has controlled congress and the Presidency.

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 01:33 PM
link   
It certainly is a win at all costs game these days. If you can use your position to either blame your rivals for the screw up or to call in all the help that can possibly be given, you do the former first.

You don't build FEMA to it's optimum potential for responding to a crisis- you implement the spoils system and hand out the biggest jobs as if they were titles of nobility for the rising stars of mid-level politics and bureaucracy.

To hell with us. We vote for the parties and we pay our taxes and that's what we're here for. We don't need any hope for a better tomorrow or any protection against a catastrophe. All we need to do is keep giving money and power to the nobles. Sure a few of us might get shot because we aren't getting the law enforcement protection we deserve, or we might lose our jobs because some fat cat could make 5 million instead of 1 by outsourcing our jobs, and a couple thousand of us might be herded into shelters in a crippled city rather than being evacuated, but hey, the political pimps have got a harem of several million, so what's it to them if a few of their citizen-(female dogs) should die here and there?

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake
I can understand, to a degree, the anger. There are a lot of questions I have in regards to how this crisis was handled, and I want them answered. I don't really understand, though, how pointing the finger is going to help at this point in time. Since this tragedy and the politicization of it, I've lost a lot of respect for people I used to respect, seeing them for the political hacks they are (Hannity is #1 right now.)

Look, however, at the subject of the thread on DU, and tell me what the purpose of this was.

How to REALLY piss off a Republican on the road:

Because of the possible ineptitude of the administration, and I say possible because we have nowhere near all the facts of this issue yet, all republicans are at fault? Even if Bush dropped the ball here, brought Katrina into New Orleans, then withheld all aid and help because he "doesn't like black people," are we Republicans now somehow all prophets who knew this would happen when we voted for him?

Okay number 1 look at his history before you blindly vote.

I can't even tell you how many republican 'rich *******' I have beaten in a political fight. it's so easy to do. What they end up doing when they lose is they just completely change the subject and don't even talk about anything relevant.

Okay number 2 Christianity

I am a Christian but it their Political views are entirely different from their religion. I mean they say that you should help people out but they just are interested in making money in their small or big(yes you heard me right I said big buisness) buisness.

Republicans support big buisnesses but don't admit to it

Also why wouldn't you support the people, it makes sense. Being a Chiristian is not about having money. The main thing of that religion is love. Love for God and yourself.

If you have ever seen the movie the birdcage it is hilarious when the Republicans say that something weird is going on here, when we ate bla bla bla (related to the movie I am not skipping because they say something else important) why did it get dark? LMAO!

I don't like the bible because in one thing it says something like you money is your love and it is measured.

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Annoy a Liberal, work hard and pay taxes to people who you didn't vote for.

Annoy a Conservative, work hard and don't let the government rape you.

I loved those bumper stickers, those were hilarious! Asked the guy where he got them, he made them at some site and they were sent to him. I remember the originals though.

Annoy a Liberal, word hard and be Happy.

Annoy a Conservative, Work hard for your Loved ones.

Which ones I would want made?

Annoy a Democrat, believe in the constitution.

Annoy a Republican, Don't hate black/gay/jewish people

Annoy Everyone, Drive slow in the fast lane.

I so can't wait for 08, get to vote!!!!! hoorah!

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Death toll 40,000?

Try 400. God, people will say anything or make any exageration to try to get their point across. I didn't believe Rush when he said that the toll wasn't even over a thousand yet. I thought he was just being typical Rush, and twisting the truth...

The bumper sticker is stupid. Nobody with a brain is going to buy that ridiculous thing. First, considering that these people are gaining profit from the victims of hurricane Katrina, I'm pretty sure that there is some blood on their hands as well. Second off, I think that a lot of people are responsible for this. Not just Republicans. That is shameless partisan lies no matter how you spin it.

The worst part is people who are inspired by these kinds of things too. People love to get all choked up over a carefully-worded phrase. I hate that...

Mod Edit: Please don't use profanities.

[edit on 18-9-2005 by sanctum]

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 09:19 PM
link   
You sure Herman? The people doing the body count are known for going "oops, just incinerated 10,000 bodies so no one will know how many people actually died." So it could be 40,000.

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Full Metal
You sure Herman? The people doing the body count are known for going "oops, just incinerated 10,000 bodies so no one will know how many people actually died." So it could be 40,000.

And you would know this because of all of your experience as a body counter, right?

Or maybe you're with a news agency?

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Full Metal

You really need to justify that statement. What makes you think this happened in New Orleans, and on top of that, you make it sound like...Well, like "people doing the body count are known for going..." (emphesis added). In what circles are these people known for doing this, and can you give me a single example in American history where bodies were incinerated maliciously for political favor in the wake of a natural disaster? Just one? Evidence would be nice, too, by the way, instead of making a sweeping statement and just expecting us to believe your accusations

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I've got a better one...

"What's Bush's position on Roe vs. Wade?"
"Whether they row or wade, as long as they get out of New Orleans!"

top topics

<<   2 >>

join