It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oil Production Damage?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Has anyone seen any new information on how badly the effected oil production is?
This disaster is staggering in terms of human tragity, but the impact on US oil production is likely to have larger long term effects. With America being the largest user of oil in the world and being totally reliant on imports (national production before Katrina didn't come close to meeting demand), even a small hit could have a big impact.

Has anyone read "Red Storm Rising"?
This situation is hauntingly simular to the (fictional, but logical) events in that book... only reversed and without a second Super Power to curtail a resource grabbing rampage.

My biggest fear is that logicly, the US now NEEDS to secure more oil resources. The country already has it's balls in a Saudi vise.
Canada is the closest nation that has potential surplus oil.
Couple that with Manifest Desteny and the fact that Bush seems to be trying to stop us from looking good to the American Public, and I've got a nasty feeling crawling around in my gut.

Reguardless...
I've heard nothing about estimated damages to oil dericks and refineries.
Does anyone have some figures?

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Apparently, very little damage....but reports seem to conflict.

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 03:01 PM
link   
This ATS News thread has some good information.

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam
Apparently, very little damage....but reports seem to conflict.

This is not the sort of information that the Government would want to be freely floating around. Given past coverups, I would be more than suprised if this information wasn't supressed.

Thus, why I'm asking here.

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Its been a while since ive been on here but here is my thouhts about this. I live in Pensacola Florida and trust me, it is going to get bad. Gas is already up at the most to 4 dollars a gallon (which by the way is illegal). But now my city is the biggest city the gulf coast, and now we are the main oil refineries for the gulf coast. Its crazy but its true.

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 03:21 AM
link   
I'm curious, exactly how are the inflated gas prices illegal where you're at? Not that I don't believe you, but I'm interested in what laws you might have to cap gas prices. I'm aware of nothing of the kind up here.

new topics

top topics

join