It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Electrical Power Flows Into First Lockheed Martin F-35

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Ok, I got the following in another company email:

Electrical Power Flows Into First Lockheed Martin F-35
Lockheed Martin
Thu, 8 Sep 2005, 09:04

FORT WORTH, Texas: The first F-35 Joint Strike Fighter came alive with electrical power today, as technicians at Lockheed Martin in Fort Worth initiated "power-on" -- the incremental process of testing the aircraft's circuits, electronic components and wiring. The event was completed on schedule.

Ralph D. Heath, president of Lockheed Martin Aeronautics Co.:
"Power-on is a significant milestone in the manufacturing process of any new aircraft. The successful, on-time achievement of this event further demonstrates that the F-35 Joint Strike Fighter program is progressing as planned, and confirms the value and effectiveness of its innovative design and build process. Today, we begin making sure that air 'power' is always 'on' when future F-35 pilots take to the skies to defend the freedom of the United States and allied nations," Heath said.

Dan Crowley, Lockheed Martin F-35 JSF program manager:
"The ability to put electrical power on the jet indicates that the majority of the structure is assembled, the utility systems have been installed and it's time to move into operational checkout of the systems and because the F-35 is such a highly integrated aircraft, many systems and functions must be in place to achieve this milestone. The team has developed and verified the procedures in our labs over the past several months, and they've met a schedule commitment set over 12 months ago."

It looks like the F-35 is well on it's way to becoming a reality. I look forward to seeing the first serial production model fly.

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Dont you work for Raytheon? So why all the Lockheed mail?

I read about this yesterday on there site (Its one of my daily '"keep up-to-date" sites that I visit)

Lockheed link (w/ pic)

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Murcielago

I read about this yesterday on there site (Its one of my daily '"keep up-to-date" sites that I visit)

Lockheed link (w/ pic)

...and you think RayCo and LockMart don't have related interests?

We get industry announcements for any RayCo client or project partner.

Natalie~

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Oh sweet, excellent info Intelgurl. It's great having an ATS member working for Raytheon.
I must say I don't work in the aerospace industry but sounds like this is a pretty big milestone. I'm glad to hear that the F-35's are starting to make more progress.

Can't wait to hear more updates Intelgurl.

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Yeah.. It would be good to have ppl onboard from BAe, Mikoyan-Gurevich, Sukhoi,Dassault, Chengdu Aircraft Industries,HAL.. etc... etc..

Maybe I get to join one of my chosen few from the above in the future..american companies included of course..

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Murcielago

Lockheed link (w/ pic)

Hey... Don't you know the phrase "Be close wth your friends, and even closer with your enemies"

But it sounds interesting... I can't wait tos ee the F-35 make it's firt combat flight... Then we'll se hoow good it is...

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 03:25 AM
link   
the raptor hasn't made its first combat flight either..

new topics

top topics

join