It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did race affect the level of response ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 12:46 PM
link   
First we had Kanye West saying that the reason New Orleans residents were left to die was because they are predominantly black and now Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton (the usual suspects) are weighing in with their opinion saying that President Bush doesn't like blacks and that police snipers were given orders to kill blacks only.

Race hysteria aside, do you believe there is a supportable argument that the President deliberately witheld assistance from New Orleans simply based on the fact that it is a predominantly black, Democrat area of the nation.

By the way - everyone with a TV should watch The O'Reilly Factor tonight on Fox, the Rev. Al Sharpton will be appearing in person and he and O'Reilly are bound to get into it big time.

[edit on 8-9-2005 by Winchester Ranger T]

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Perhaps some of it had to do with race after hearing the remarks from his mother (Barbara Bush), but I think that mostly it was due to the inept government starting from Bush, down through FEMA, and then the local government. They all messed up.

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I don't think it had much to do with race, more to do with poor welfare people, blacks just happened to be the majority (from what I have come to understand anyway).

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I think economics had more to do with it, as well, but race is certainly a reality of the economic situation. Bush doesn't give two sh*ts about poor people in general, and in New Orleans most poor folks are black, so that's how race factors in. It's been a long time since we heard the words "compassionate conservatism" from Bush---perhaps even he isn't shameless enough to actually claim that he cares about anyone at this point.
---Ryan

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 04:21 PM
link   
No I do not think race is a factor, I think that there are some people in this world that play the race card whenever they can and its ridiculous. If anything was a factor it was poor decision making and bad preperation. But people sure are coming together now, PEOPLE OF ALL RACES now isn't that what matters most at the moment lets try to make this bad situation better not worse!

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Well, lets think.....they're probabally going to vote democrat anyway because of their 'demographic', Bush/republicans arent worried about keeping their votes, plus: do you think that people would have waited for days for help if this happened in a white/middle-upper class beach area? I doubt it.

new topics

top topics

join