It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gone with the water

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 10:56 AM
link   
This proves FEMA/Bush knew it could/would happen!

www3.nationalgeographic.com...

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 10:58 AM
link   
It also proves that the State and City officials knew it could happen.

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Could someone explain to me how come it has to be either Bush OR the State and Locals?

Could it be possible BOTH are incompetent idiots?

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Well, it was the last Bush buget that cut somewhere in the neighborhood of $240 million from a project to reinforce the levees. Not much that state and local officials can do once the money is gone. But oh yeah, we needed it in Iraq, or to give rich people another tax cut. I forgot about that. Seriously, I think local officals could have maybe done more, but it seems that getting 80 percent of the city out and trying to get the remaining people to safety was about all it could do. If we had a system of government that was more locally-based with less federal poer, as perhaps we should, then it would be right to blame the locals. As it is, the ultimate responsibility has to lie with Bush, in my opinion. Harry Truman used to say "the buck stops here," but again, TeamBush shows that when the ships are down, they will smear and blame anyone else in sight rather than accept any responsibility themselves. It's like an immature frat boy is running the country or something---oh, wait, an immature frat boy is running the country, or at least is the puppet for those behind the scenes.
---Ryan

[edit on 8-9-2005 by RyanC]

new topics

top topics

join