It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Ukraine's Yushchenko Sacks Government

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 10:44 AM
link   
President Yushchenko of the Ukraine, has sacked his government over infighting and allegations of mass graft. The team which lead the "Orange Revolution" were unable to work together without bickering according to the President. "I set one task for the new team -- to work in a united team. I do not want any more the intrigues between two or three people that were determining the state policy." he said.

news.yahoo.com
KIEV (Reuters) - Ukraine's President Viktor Yushchenko sacked his government on Thursday as the team which led the "Orange Revolution" less than a year ago broke apart amid infighting and accusations of mass graft.

Yushchenko, who has pledged to stamp out the corruption widespread under his long-serving predecessor Leonid Kuchma, told a news conference he would ask regional governor Yury Yekhanurov, 57, to form a new team.

But he sought not to completely alienate the charismatic Yulia Tymoshenko, a key figure in the mass protests late last year that propelled him to power and who until Thursday had been prime minister since his election in January.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Can this be classed as the death of the Orange Revolution? They are all sacked afterall, except Mr. Yushchenko. So much for people power when your freshly, revolution-inspired, government is sacked by one man.

I know its well within Mr.Yushchenko's purview to do this, but the fact still remains that they had only been in government for less than a year. Does this have more to do with Yushchenko fending off leadership challenges from the likes of Tymoshenko?

President Yushchenko speaking to Prime Minister Tymoshenko

[edit on 8/9/05 by subz]

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 02:33 PM
link   
That prime minister is a p-milf espcially with that Leia style hair. Aside from that...

What's next, annexation of Ukraine into the new USSR?
I doubt this, but what would be the economic consequences. I am sure that someone on wallstreet will take this as an act of dictatorship or a move in that direction.

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I'm surprised they lastest this long. Maybe we can call it growing pains?

Does this have more to do with Yushchenko fending off leadership challenges from the likes of Tymoshenko?

Don't think so, says he isn't completely alienating her. You know she's the Condi Rice of Ukrainia? Oil brains. AND computer brains, I might add. He knows what his assets are--pipelines and the experts in those fields.

No, Victor won't cut off his right hand to spite the left, Tymoshenko might just want some time off like Karen Hughes did? Yulia'll be emailing in from where ever it is she lives. (I can't find her homepage thought I've seen it a couple times before.)

No, this is Yushenko living up to his promise to fight corruption, and if that's what the government that took over with him thoiught they could continue... guess they had another think coming. More like a display of muscle, Ruskie style.

Yushchenko to 'Tackle Corruption'

DAVOS, Switzerland -- Businesses should stop paying bribes to Ukrainian officials, the country's new president Viktor Yushchenko has said.

Calling Ukraine a "deeply corrupt country", he promised to tackle this "complex... but not incurable" problem.

He said it was a disgrace that 50% of the country's economy was "in the shadow" - failing to "pay a penny" in taxes that could be spent on social programs and infrastructure

Kiev Ukraine News Blog

Dispite his deformities from the poisoning, Yushenko is a chasismatic man who still needs his top advisors by his side.

(sounding a little like the shrub tale?) It's sounding to me like privitization pains to me. Who will get those pipeline deals? Halliburton? ha!

Everybody wants their cut of the action.

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frosty
That prime minister is a p-milf espcially with that Leia style hair. Aside from that...

I agree. I wish our PM looked like this. She'd get my vote.

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Agreed, the Prime Minister is making me randy baby!!!

I guess I have to say something about Yushchenko as well in order to keep this thread on track. Yushchenko is probably still mad about his face looking like F. Murray Abraham's and is making those that might have been partly responsible pay.

Peace

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 03:21 PM
link   
You know that Kathy Yushenko (the wife) is an American girl from Chicago, right?

Your Sweetness's homepage, in russian.

I know, you just want to look at the pictures.

[edit on 8-9-2005 by psyopswatcher]

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I dont often include photo's in my submissions but its obvious that she is stunning (as far as prime ministers go), so I included it

I love how the article diplomatically refers to her as being "charismatic" instead of good looking.

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Putin has shown support for Yushchenko's actions:

Speaking in Germany, Mr Putin described the political situation in Ukraine as part of the process of establishing a way forward for the country.

"I've talked with Viktor Yushchenko and I believe that the situation in Ukraine is under his control," he said.

BBC News: Putin Calls For Calm Over Ukraine

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 05:37 PM
link   

I don't mean to start deviating off topic, but was there any information on the poisoning of Viktor Yuschenko? His face is completely distorted now.

[edit on 053030p://38095 by MERC]

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Teamwork = groupthink = globalism = NWO, simple. The Ukraineans were expecting justice for all it's people to spring from their peacefull revolution then discovered that rolling in the NWO was THE PRIORITY of their new leader.

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 07:41 PM
link   
MERC, it was dioxin poisoning a year ago during the campaign:

Yushchenko became seriously ill in early September 2004. He was flown to Vienna's Rudolfinerhaus clinic for treatment and diagnosed with "acute pancreatitis, accompanied by interstitial edematous changes", said to be due to "a serious viral infection and chemical substances which are not normally found in food products", which Yushchenko claimed to be the work of agents of the government. After the illness, his face became heavily disfigured, bloated, and pockmarked.

This theory had already been suggested by British toxicologist John Henry of St. Mary's Hospital in London, as the marks on Yushchenko's face are chloracne, a characteristic symptom of dioxin poisoning.

en.wikipedia.org...

Confirmed

Case of The Beauty and the Beast?

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by psyopswatcher
You know that Kathy Yushenko (the wife) is an American girl from Chicago, right?

Your Sweetness's homepage, in russian.

I know, you just want to look at the pictures.

[edit on 8-9-2005 by psyopswatcher]

But what does 'picture' mean in Russian? I guess I could just click everything and get lucky.

Putin shows support for Yuchenko? My silly theory of the rise of the USSR sounds more feasible. War in Chechnya, turmoil in near east contyies and an ex-KGB agent at the helm of Russia...

[edit on 8-9-2005 by Frosty]

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Of course it is. Because it was not revolution, just bussines.
Look at this: "Yushchenko's Son Trading in the "Orange Revolution"

...Andrei Yushchenko, Ukrainian president's son, owns the copyright of all political brands used during the "orange revolution"...

Good deal, isn`t it?

inforos.com...

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Tymoshenko is not happy

"Today we are two different teams," she said. "I think these two teams will go their own way.

"I will not go to the elections with those people who have discredited Ukraine so much. I do not mean the president, but his closest circle," she said.

'Different teams'

However, she criticised Mr Yushchenko, saying he had "practically ruined our unity, our future, the future of the country," and added: "I think this step is absolutely illogical."
BBC News: Ukrainian Ex-PM Slams Dismissal

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by subz
Tymoshenko is not happy

I'd keep her happy!

I was reading this on BBC before it got posted here and thought

"She'd get my...err....vote!"

even looked her up on Wikipedia, checked out her website....got obsessed with it for an hour!

She even said once that she would like to appear in Playboy.

I'd like her to appear in Playboy too....

Off topic, so I apologise....

top topics

join