It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FEMA: Online Aid Applications ONLY From Windows/IE

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 09:04 AM
link   
www.informationweek.com...;?articleID=170701321

FEMA Aid Site Blocks Access To Firefox, Macs, Linux Users
Users looking to file claims online for government help must be running Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 or later with JavaScript enabled. That blocks everyone running Linux, Apple Macintosh computers, and Windows users running alternate browsers such as Firefox or Opera.

The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), already the subject of sharp criticism in the wake of the Hurricane Katrina disaster, may find itself chastised further for restricting access to its online assistance site to Windows and Microsoft Internet Explorer users.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I have some experience with developing websites and web applications for federal agencies, and there is a law (forget section specifics) that requires government agencies to create a high degree of accessibility in their online/interactive projects. As far as I can tell, this FEMA website is in non-compliance with GSA requirements and ADA laws.

More of your tax dollars "hard at work".

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 11:11 PM
link   
What a strange situation... FEMA probably wants to gather all your information...everyone knows about all the security flaws in IE. Sounds like a good tracking method to me.

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Sorry Boss...

Already covered here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add to that discussion.

Closing...

new topics

join