It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No pictures of the dead

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 06:51 AM
link   
The Feds and FEMA don't want anyone to see Katrina's dead.

FEMA refused to take reporters and photographers along on boats seeking victims in flooded areas, saying they would take up valuable space need in the recovery effort and asked them not to take pictures of the dead.

In an e-mail explaining the decision, a FEMA spokeswoman wrote: "The recovery of victims is being treated with dignity and the utmost respect and we have requested that no photographs of the deceased by made by the media."

This is the same policy as that of prohibiting photos of servicemember coffins returning from Dover AFB. Keep it out of sight, and it stays out of the public's mind.

Feds don't want photos of the dead

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 06:56 AM
link   
I don't think it's the same policy as the coffins. Bloated corpses are not pleasant to look at, and the stench is overbearing.

I know that one news organization (FOX) has chosen not to show the dead bodies. Think about the impact on the surviving members of the family. Think of the dignity of the dead. And ask yourself what purpose would be served by showing them.

I'm sure that sooner or later there will be sites on the web that choose to show the dead bodies. Be patient.:shk:

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Jeremiah_John,
I agree totally. At the moment the dead are just a figure, be it 10,000 or whatever todays estimate is. If the public can see real dead people as a result of this disaster they are going to ask questions.

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 08:00 AM
link   
topic already covered here
www.abovetopsecret.com...

thread closed.

new topics

top topics

join