It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bit strange that theres no film evidence?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 05:26 AM
link   
I was discussing the 'Battle of L.A.' ufo with a friend of mine recentley and he brought up some things that i had never thought of.

if this ufo was real and according to the mass sightings it was, how come theres no video evidence that has surfaced and only one or 2 photographs?

america was already into the cinema 8 personal film camera boom at the time, with them being very popular and inexpensive enough for many to have purchased them, how come such a major event hasn't brought up film footage from civilians or newspaper crews?

i can understand the military not ever releasing film footage they may have had but was their a mass cover up with your everyday man in the street?

Perhaps someone here would like to offer a theory on this?

www.rense.com...

ive searched a few of the sites detailing the escapade but nothing mentions camera footage, odd considering hollywood and beverley hills are so close?

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 07:35 AM
link   
If people cant take good movies of UFOs today with stabilized shooting and hi-tech equipment, how do you think a shot from the 40's would be?

Plus chances are pretty high that there WAS more personal footage of it, but it never reached the public. No internet back then you know.

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 09:05 AM
link   
They didn't exactly have TV reporters and mobile news cameramen back in '42....

You could tell your friend that...

Even military cameramen weren't exactly plentiful, and I can't imagine that at night, in a blacked out city, looking at a black sky, that he'd get more than a flash here and a flash there while AAA fire exploded above.

Check this thread on the incident..
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 8-9-2005 by Gazrok]

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Given the fact that, at the time, many people on the west coast were apprehensive about the possibility of a Japanese invasion, is it not likely that when anti-aircraft sirens sounded in the night and a chorus of AA guns began firing into the night that most people stayed inside their homes, probably huddled in their bedrooms or bathrooms with their families?

The last thing I would do if I were in that situation would be to run outside with my camera and begin filming. Let's not forget the people who were injured by spent AA rounds.

I think it is also pertinent to note that perhaps the people who possessed the cameras thought that it may be pointless trying to tape anything. After all, they had no idea that the UFO would be slow-moving and hover over the city - they thought it was a Japanese air raid, where the planes would be moving quite quickly, in the black of night, at an elevated attitude. I think the fact that we got even one photo was amazing, let alone a photo as interesting as this one:

For people who don't know what on Earth we're talking about.

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Let's not forget the people who were injured by spent AA rounds

Not to mention those who DIED that night....

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 05:40 PM
link   
What your friend is missing is that there should indeed be more photos, official ones from newspapers. I agree with the previous posters that the average person was more likely to hide than to start looking for a camera, but what about the other news organizations.

It seems impossible for me to believe that there were not other news photos taken, the fact that only one was ever published is quite telling. To me this proves what most of us have known all along, that evidence has been surpressed since the very beginning.

Remember too that this event predates Roswell, even the term 'Flying Saucer' would not exist for another 5 years. First you have the very real fear of an air raid, and then you get a look at something that staggers your imagination. At this point the average person of the time would have been so terrified that the idea of digging out a camera is just impossible.

The real story here is that your friend sees that picture and wishes to deny what it shows so he is looking for an out. Little that can be done about that, no matter what the evidence humans have the amazing ability to believe, or not believe, whatever they wish.

There it is, in black and white, no hoax, real without a doubt. More pictures would certainly be nice, but those are locked away somewhere far from our view.

A.T
(-)

SFC

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by merka
If people cant take good movies of UFOs today with stabilized shooting and hi-tech equipment, how do you think a shot from the 40's would be?

Plus chances are pretty high that there WAS more personal footage of it, but it never reached the public. No internet back then you know.

Merka nailed it. And it was the 40's, cameras were NOT as abundent fett.

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 06:44 PM
link   
How come when JFK was shot there was only one video ? And there where people EVERYWHERE with cameras ?

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 06:45 PM
link   
yeah, i dont think many people woulda said, "Japenese air raid! i gotta get my camera and record this"

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 09:44 PM
link   

How come when JFK was shot there was only one video ? And there where people EVERYWHERE with cameras ?

I understand the point you were trying to make and I hate to say this, but the situations really are not all that comparable anyway so...

There actually are good half-dozen films of that awful day in Dealey Plaza, they just did not surface until well after the event. None show as much as the Z Film does though so they have been of limitied use in the attempts to investigate what happened.

I do not think these two situations are comparable, there is a considerable time difference between them, and people knew JFK was comming to town and that is exactly the sort of thing that causes people to get their camera out.

During TBOLA the Nation was still in shock, we were already scared and with what happened that night I think it is safe to assume that most people who saw the event simply could not even begin to cope. That is a big reason why it was so easy to bury.

When we were at the same amount of time after 9/11, people were asking questions like 'Is it ok to laugh again'.

A.T
(-)

[edit on 9/8/05 by Alexander Tau]

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 11:07 PM
link   
This site does a bit of work to try and break down the photo to get an image of the craft more visable. Not bad.

brumac.8k.com...

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 04:36 AM
link   
well thanks for the replys people, ok i agree with what youre saying, should have remembered the fact that this was the first real sighting of any clarity in the 20th century and that 'ufo' terminollogy didnt really exsist, i cant believe that there isnt any military film evidence but we all know were not going to see that.

Gazrock, being the resident expert, iwas wondering what you think of this:-

the shells were reported to have bounced off the craft, they obviously hit something; a defensive shield?

If those spent lead rounds could be found is there much chance that after such an impact they could contain particles of what they had hit? or show signs of what had stopped them from penertrating the actual craft?

Obviously those rounds are now gone and vanished but does anyone else see what im getting at?

Regards guys and girls, thanks for the replys.

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 10:01 AM
link   
I can only speculate as to what they hit. As far as "bouncing off", the shells did explode, they just didn't seem to do anything, according to the gunners and other witnesses, even on direct hits. Some accounts mentioned exploding before it hit the craft, others say direct hits occurred. One can imagine this is probably a tough call to make from the ground. Some shrapnel did fall (and injure/kill people), but any such material would be long gone now... At the time, people trusted the government (they had to really), so things would have been easy to cover up and I doubt they had any problem collecting the debris. Other than a few possible samples though, I'd imagine it was probably simply discarded along with normal waste, as people really didn't suspect little gray men at the time....

This was the early stage though. Evidence suggests the military was quite surprised and still in the dark as to what exactly was over the skies of LA. It wasn't a US or Japanese craft, that we all can deduce, but they still didn't know either it seems. If there is military film of it, I seriously doubt we'll ever see it... Remember this incident was a pretty big deal, even requiring a response from high ranking generals in the Army. The Air Force didn't even exist yet, as an entity.

One of the biggest mysteries to me is why no planes? Some reported US planes in the air, but the official stance is that none were sent up. Why is that? Such a thing is standard procedure, so why weren't they up?

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Hi Gazrok,

This a little off topic but (friendly) planes are not send up when triple A guns are firing. Do you recall WW2 footage where Japanese kamikaze pilots aimed their aircrafts at U.S. naval ships? No Navy planes in sight. Normally those Navy planes would fly a perimeter outside the range of the ships artillery. The same principle order was given to German night-fighter planes in WW2 (until the situation got desperate), those German pilots were not allowed to fly over Berlin for example while it was bombed to attack the Allied air forces. They were directed to the approach and departure pathways of the bomber fleets.

The Battle of LA is of course a while back and perhaps we still haven't seen all the documentation. There might be other reasons why planes weren't send up. Lack of communication, duration of the event, nearest military airfield and airplanes availible to respond.

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 06:43 PM
link   

One of the biggest mysteries to me is why no planes? Some reported US planes in the air, but the official stance is that none were sent up. Why is that? Such a thing is standard procedure, so why weren't they up?

I think the authorities of the time can be forgiven for their own confusion, especially after the event. I have no doubt that planes were scrambled but as was pointed out they would have been directed to an intercept location based on an assumed conventional bomber attack.

Afterwards you almost have to feel sorry for the government, and especially the military. Imagine sitting with a dozen or so photos of the event. The conclusion that they had to have drawn must have just blown their minds. Either they thought our enemies had technology far in advance of our own (scary notion at the start of a war, especially one in which we were decimated at the start) or what is the truth, visitors from somewhere else.

I think the plan that was put into effect was to simply reduce the story as much as possible to make it go away. War Jitters, no planes were launched to intercept because there was 'nothing' to intercept, etc.

A.T
(-)

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Perhaps THAT was the alien delegation that was to officially visit us. "Humans, we come in peace" *BOOM!! BOOM!! BOOM!!
And we wonder why they havent contacted us yet

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Perhaps THAT was the alien delegation that was to officially visit us. "Humans, we come in peace" *BOOM!! BOOM!! BOOM!!

Yes that very thought has haunted me ever since I finally realized that the TBOLA picture was not from some movie.

Considering that we have so few sightings over major population centers there is every chance what you suggest was true. Although there is the possibility that the blackout is what drew them over the city.

A.T
(-)

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 08:29 AM
link   

This a little off topic but (friendly) planes are not send up when triple A guns are firing.

Not in the immediate area, no, but outside the area as you mentioned, you think they'd have them up, ready to pursue and determine the location of the enemy carriers (which they would have had to have if Japanese planes)..... The fact that such planes weren't launched just adds to the mystery of exactly what did the military know.....

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alexander Tau

Considering that we have so few sightings over major population centers there is every chance what you suggest was true. Although there is the possibility that the blackout is what drew them over the city.

any chance that it was like: "theres no city here, its too dark."
"But there is city on the map"
"well, you suck at reading maps"
"BOOM! BOOM! BOOM!"
"What the?!"
"Karl"
"yes Bob?"
"remind me to kick your ass when we get home"
"will do"

new topics

top topics

join