It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Morning to you, everyone here

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 02:41 AM
link   
I'm from China Shenzhen. This afternoon, I searched some information by Google and found the BBS here. It's very interesting for me to read your topics. but I'm not sensitive to politics, maybe I will read more than argue.

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Hello Joanna

Welcome to ATS. Hope you enjoy your time here. I too started out by reading, but discussing has its merits as well. Watching or writing, both are great - so have fun!

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS, Good to have you around,

If you feel you have any questions visit my thread
Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Below is A hand book of links that may help you answer some questions you have, ie, what are points ect....this is Zedds great link book for ATS use
www.abovetopsecret.com...

If you have any questions feel free to u2u me

You will find your u2u's in the member center

and also there is a message when you recieve a u2u

also need help getting your avatar up (or pic in your profile) check out this link

Want to post a pic in your thread.
how to post a pic on a thread

want to change your password to something you remember? look for this tab at the top of the page, there you can edit your profile and password

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Welcome Joanna.
Enjoy all the reading.
But feel free to write something too.

I'm sure a lot of us would be interested in hearing your point of view.

SO, can you tell us a little about Shenzen?

[edit on 8-9-2005 by spacedoubt]

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Afternoon here in Australia Joanna Huang, i read here at ATS for a couple of years before i became a member and its without a doubt my favorite place on the net.
ATS as you maybe aware is full of colorful and not so colorful characters as in life,so you wind up with people who disagree with your point of view and vice versa and others that change your point of view.
The Moderators here keep the peace by having guidelines which all have to abide by if not they will issue out warnings and fines to curb people to play fair,there would`nt be many here that would say the Mods at ATS dont do a superb job,if your on the wrong end of a warn then those are the people that would probably disagree

Anyway i hope you find ATS as enjoyable,interesting,confrontingly disturbing and informative as i have.

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 06:14 AM
link   
All of you are very nice!
Ok, I would like to talk something about my city Shenzhen. I can not give out the perspective of this city, just some aspects from my view.

ShenZhen is a seaside city in South China and it’s nearby HongKong----- the international Free Port. So Shenzhen is one of important import and export cities in China Mainland. In order to attract more foreign investments, in year 1980, government let this city be the first special economic region in China. (So far there’re five in China.) Foreign companies located in Shenzhen can share lower tax and can store their goods in bonded warehouses. Now IBM, INTEL,THOMSON, SCHNEIDER,ABB, NOKIA, ect. have their factories or offices in Shenzhen. In these 25 years, many Chinese national companies rapidly grew up, they obtain the same treatments from the government. Accordingly, there’re also some famous Chinese companies in Shenzhen, eg. Lenvono, TCL, ZTE, HuaWei…(Maybe you haven’t learned their names.)

Because there’re more working opportunities here than other cities (except, BeiJing---capital of China, ShangHai, GuangZhou), people from all provinces gather here. Now the city population is over 10million, but the local population occupy below 20%. Some people struggle here to earn more income, they have to support the whole family, not only their parents, but also their brothers and sisters, they have dreams to let their families have happy life even it’s based on their hard work. Some people come here to show their abilities, because they think that Shenzhen can offer more chances and challenges to them. They don’t like the peace life at their hometown even there they could get a steady work and income. These people will buy house here and become the Shenzhen residents.

Comparing with other cities, people here face more working pressure, and the life rhythm is faster. So there’re few old folks. When I take bus in GuangZhou or BeiJing, I’m always ready to give my seat to the elder, but at Shenzhen, so far I haven’t this experience.(By the way, I live in Shenzhen for about 4years.) For the elder generation who are retired now, they can not imagine the work here. In their period, most of them work in nation-own companies, they would never lose their job. They needn’t work overtime and don’t worry about their ability. But now situation is changed, we must develop our economy. Why not people work here will face more pressure? Personally, I think that because China is developing country, investor are attracted by the low labor cost, in order to output more wealth, we have to work harder. In an other view, because of a large population in China, employment chances are very import for most people, people have to work harder to let themselves be more competitive. Of course, if you don’t like the life here, you could choose to leave, but if you choose, it’s your life.

Though people say that HongKong is a shopping heaven, if you are a normal family with normal income, and needn’t buy any famous international-brand products, I could say comparing with HongKong, Shenzhen is the better shopping heaven. For example, many groceries are cheaper than HongKong. A tin of PEPSI-COLA, at HongKong you will pay HK$ 8.00(about RMB8.30), (In German, about EUR4.00,, -----RMB40.00) at ShenZhen only RMB1.80 or2.00. Cabbage, at Hongking RMB14.00/kg, at Shenzhen RMB4.00/kg. Additionally, the apartment rent is much lower, an apartment located near the city center, one living room and one bedroom, in HongKong rent maybe about RMB6000/M. in ShenZhen is about RMB1000~2000/M. In this view, though my company pay more salary to my colleagues from HongKong and German, I don’t feel unbalance.

At Shenzhen, TV programs are more plenty than many cities. We can watch some teleplays which are popular in American or Europe. Eg, Lost, Despaired housewife. But when I went to BeiJing, I just could watch some local teleplays. Maybe the local TV station want to protect the audience rating, so restrict some overseas teleplays. In this point, I should say, Shenzhen culture is very open. But in China, using satellite receiver is prohibited. My first time to see satellite receiver is in Istanbul Turkey. There I saw many “upside down umbrella” fixed on the housetop. And the local people told me it was satellite receiver. And it seems like the necessary accessory of the TV, it’s familiar at Istanbul. When I back home, I told my mother, “Mama,do you know people in Turkey can watch hundreds of TV channels!!” My mother calmly reply to me, “What a trouble it is! Here we can watch over 50 channels, it’s enough for me.” This is the elder generation’s attitude of life, they always focus in the present and are satisfied with their current life. But for the young generation, they want to see more and know more.

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 06:53 AM
link   
joanna Huang that was an interesting read about where you are from,

Thanks for the insite,

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Welcome to the ATS, enjoy your stay!

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Good to have you here.

Be careful, as there are more than one Chinese government agents who patrol this site. Lovely people, they look to prey upon people questioning reality.

Come on in, have a seat and have a good time.

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 01:15 AM
link   
SpittinCobra,Thomas Crowne your avatar are so cool. I haven't seen these imagine on our domestic BBS.

Thomas Crowne, thanks for your kindness. If it was 10 years ago, I even could not connect with ATS. Now government is more open than before. And if you have chance to come to China, you will see the society is more open than your previous imagination.

And during our National Day Holidays, Oct. 1, I will guide a couple from Australia to GuiLin---A famous tour city in China. After that I will try to upload some scene pictures.

Frankly, it is not wise to have travel during our national holidays,, there must be crowded.

new topics

top topics

join