It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush to seek $65 billion for terror war

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2003 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Sometimes I think Bush thinks he is playing Monopoly, he's seeking this $65 billion in addition to the additional $79 billion he sought in April. That's over $140 billion that is just added to the initial approved funding for the operations in Iraq. I know we have to rebuild and keep forces over there, but is he going to want another $70 billion in December? How is this going to further affect the economy? Is this a "public relations effort to counter Democratic criticism of the administration's Iraq policy."?

CNN
President Bush told Republican congressional leaders Wednesday that he will soon ask for approximately $65 billion in additional funding for both Iraq and Afghanistan, senior GOP leadership aides said.

A senior administration official involved in budget matters cautioned that while $65 billion is in the range of what the White House is planning to request, they are still crunching the numbers and the figure is "fluid."

The additional funding request, to pay for military operations and reconstruction in both countries, would be requested to supplement next year's budget. Congress passed some $79 billion in additional money for Iraq and Afghanistan in April.

www.cnn.com...

posted on Sep, 5 2003 @ 12:03 AM
link   
(Checking pockets..........Let's see, 9, 10, 11, 12.........)

"Gee, sorry Dubya......All I got is about 12 cents to my name since you threw our economy into the toilet and turned us into a jobless nation. Guess you're gonna have to sport the bill yourself on this one. After all it's your War that you started. Just dip into your multi-billion dollar family account you share from the Oil business."

Anyone who actually talks to G.W. can quote me on the above when he asks where my share of the $65 Billion is.

posted on Sep, 7 2003 @ 05:56 PM
link   

ABC News
President Bush, who will address the nation Sunday night, wants billions of dollars more to pay for U.S. troops in Iraq and rebuilding the country, and congressional aides say the figure could top $80 billion in the upcoming budget year.

National security adviser Condoleezza Rice said the president believes the "cost of freedom and the cost of peace cannot be measured and that it is important that we put adequate resources to this task."

abcnews.go.com...

I'm curious what the President plans on speaking about tonight, maybe that he needs more money for Iraq, Congress needs a raise, and oh, our economy sucks. Some Senators are even predicting that over $100 billion dollars will be needed over the next year.

posted on Sep, 7 2003 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Proud

This budegting process is bizarre:

In the past week, Dubya has come to ATS for $60 billion on six occasions, for $80 billion once, and now he wants another $65 billion for the rape and pillage of a sovereign middle eastern nation!

That totals $505 billion!

I wouldn't even trust this admin with the first $60 billion. Even with their crony capitalism (and especially Halliburton) they can't even get the oil pumping until twelve months behind schedule in Iraq - that's right, they've held that overfor a full year!

Along with the "six months" they have tried to buy on the WMDs issue by saying that's how long it will take to review 7.5 miles of evidence of "weapons programs".

Nosiree, none of my tax money should be going here...

BTW, how come Dubya has come here so often on this issue?

posted on Sep, 7 2003 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Well I mentioned $80 billion once, although someone may have posted about it before me.

top topics

join