It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pink Eye??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Does anyone know if when you start antibiotic drops for Pink Eye is it one of those cases of it gets worse before it gets better. I haven't had it in ages and ages and now I do - and have done one day of the drops and my eyes look and feel much worse. Plus I am getting a super bad headache about 2 hours after I put the drops in.

Also any hints I might be forgetting - like don't use the washcloth or towels for the family or more than once for myself.......like I said it has been a long long time.

thanks

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 10:28 PM
link   
You may be having an alergic reaction to the medecine... I wouldnt take it anymore untill i checked with the doctor.

Hope you get well soon

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Thanks -- it is getting better slowly -- still getting a bit of a headache but it isn't as intense at least. Sorry it took so long to get back here -- using DH's 'puter and it is slow as molasses in January so I tend to come and go and not read as much as usual.

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Well, listen to this disclaimer very carefully before you even consider what I am about to inform you of.
Doing this may be dangerous for your eyes, and WILL hurt quite a bit, and is to be done strictly as a last resort and on your own initiative and responsibility.

That being said- everyone gets pinkeye in bootcamp pretty much. It's almost unavoidable. You watch it start at one end of the squad bay and over the course of about a week it just marches right down the line of bunks somehow.
I got it the week that I had to qualify with my rifle. It would have screwed me.
So I rinsed my eyes with lysterine. Pinkeye was gone in 36 hours. I qualified expert. Probably one of the dumbest things I've ever done, but I wasn't about to fail marksmanship. (it worked great- I qualified expert). Just putting it out there. Unless you have to have perfect vision immediately for something very very important, don't do it. It really does hurt.

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Ow Ow Ow Ow --- thanks for the tip but I think I will pass on that one
My eyes aren't that great to begin with -- All I can say is YIKES YIKES OWWWW
Glad it worked out for you for the qualifying and that you did great too boot!

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 11:13 PM
link   
I find the cream works faster and better than the actual drops.. a teeny tube that you run across the lid, kinda blinds you a bit at first but then its great works within 24 hours.

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Make everyone scrub their hands with the hottest water they can stand, and plenty of soap. Check with the dr about the drops, but when I had it he gave me just regular drops, and said that the antibiotics don't really work on pink eye. If you have viral pink eye, then antibiotics won't work, so you're just wasting your time. I would just use visine, or some kind of regular eye drops and see how you do, since you had such a reaction to the antibiotics.

[edit on 9/23/2005 by Zaphod58]

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 11:13 AM
link   
thanks -- it has cleared up now. It did take a bit longer than they thought it would but I am thrilled it wasn't as long as I used to have problems with it -- maybe the drops are better now than they were 20 yrs ago

top topics

join