It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BUSINESS: Poised to Profit from Katrina: Halliburton, Houston Head the List

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Sorry to burst your bubble Shots but the allegations and Investigations by the FBI are real and undeniable the only ones that prefer to turn their faces the other way is people that prefer to stay in the dark or. . .that have deals special interest in the company.

The link may look to many bias but the information is real. he, he,he,.

The Defense Contract Audit Agency, under the authority, direction, and control of the Under Secretary of Defense (Comptroller), www.dod.mil... is responsible for performing all contract audits for the Department of Defense, and providing accounting and financial advisory services regarding contracts and subcontracts to all DoD Components responsible for procurement and contract administration. These services are provided in connection with negotiation, administration, and settlement of contracts and subcontracts. DCAA also provides contract audit services to some other Government Agencies.

www.dcaa.mil...

Shots you are welcome to link to the DCAA main site and learn about them.

Do you will like to challenge the DCAA? E-mail to them.

[edit on 15-9-2005 by marg6043]

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

The link may look to many bias but the information is real. he, he,he,.

It is only real to a point, however they never tell you the outcome because most of the time you and they will come out with mud on your face if you rely on them for the whole truth. I just proved it with the link I furnished they left out the actual cause of the action in that case. Yet they wanted you to think it was all Halliburtons fault when it was not.

Every major company in the world I am sure has one or two crooks within and sooner or later they get caught i.e. Enron officials the list could go on for miles and miles you get my drift I am sure.

It would behove you to double check what they claim and the outcome before jumping all over Halliburton each and every chance you get. If you do not; you might end up looking foolish in the eyes of others.

I have said it once if not a dozen times no one every ranted over Halliburton as you have when other presidents have been in office and they have been one of this countries major military contractors ever since world war II. That includes before Chaney was even an official of the company. By law and contrary to what you may think he cannot have anything to do with the company while in office. Now before you jump and say hey they paid him some money last year, so what that money was due him from the company for past performance while he was active within the company. It is called deferred payment and many large corporations do it after someone leaves their company.

Here is one example since you seem to be unaware of the practice or atleast in the past you have.

HEWLETT-PACKARD COMPANY
EXECUTIVE DEFERRED COMPENSATION PLAN
(AMENDED AND RESTATED EFFECTIVE NOVEMBER 1, 2000)

SECTION 1. ESTABLISHMENT AND PURPOSE OF PLAN.

The Hewlett-Packard Company Executive Deferred Compensation Plan was adopted and established effective January 1, 1994, and has been amended from time to time. The Plan provides deferred compensation for a select group of management or highly compensated employees as established in Title I of ERISA. Effective
November 1, 2000, the Plan is hereby amended and restated.
contracts.corporate.findlaw.com...

[edit on 9/15/2005 by shots]

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by shots
... (Halliburton) paid him (Cheney) some money last year, so what that money was due him from the company for past performance while he was active within the company. It is called deferred payment and many large corporations do it after someone leaves their company.

WHEW! That makes it perfectly okay then. It was deferred, effective when he took over the government. Nothin' to worry about here. Move along now.

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Poised to Profit from Katrina: Halliburton, Houston Head the List

Oppps, I suppose this is more of that concrete proof that Cheney and Bush, was behind Hurricane Katrina so that they could become even richer. Can you say government + HAARP + weather control + targeted New Orleans + it's Bush's fault? Lets see here, first they profited off of 9/11, then off of Iraq, and now they are going to profit off the worst natural castastrophe to hit the US.

Oh my....
Anyhow, I am with FredT on this in regards to people + Halliburton: :shk:

seekerof

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
Poised to Profit from Katrina: Halliburton, Houston Head the List

Oppps, I suppose this is more of that concrete proof that Cheney and Bush, was behind Hurricane Katrina so that they could become even richer. Can you say government + HAARP + weather control + targeted New Orleans + it's Bush's fault? Lets see here, first they profited off of 9/11, then off of Iraq, and now they are going to profit off the worst natural castastrophe to hit the US.

That is in no way concrete proof from the other page you linked to with your source

KBR was assigned the work under a "construction capabilities" contract awarded in 2004 after a competitive bidding process.

The above being the case how can you say it is concrete proof? It was put out on bid how in the heck do they know who is going to bid what? Are you saying they have all contractors in their back pocket? Kind of sounds like it to me:shk:

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Yeah, I forgot the use of sarcasm markers, shots....

seekerof

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 07:49 AM
link   
For those who are distracted and confused by the hijacking attempts:

The original article was primarily a business review, based on business journals' coverage of companies and locales positioned to profit from Katrina. As more information came out, discussion focussed on Halliburton's relationship with this government, and the company's various other federal contracts.

"L'agents boyz" do NOT want such investigations or discussions taking place in public, hence their efforts to prevent such free-flowing dialogue. IMO

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Just found this. It's a good read.

Canadian philosopher Ursula Franklin uses a series of questions to test the worthiness of public policies. One of them is "Does it maximize gain or minimize disaster?" Nothing in recent memory serves to highlight this question as much as the events that unfolded last week in New Orleans. Deregulated coastal development, massive funding cuts to disaster response, and political cronyism allowed for maximum private gain at the price of an unprecedented public disaster.

...Years of 'downsizing' of democratic governance in the US - both ideological and fiscal - means that for millions of Americans the only public service they can truly count on is to be shot dead by the National Guard. For twenty years, neo-cons and the religious right have attacked the notion of 'entitlement', the alleged abuse by citizens of the public purse. This is the now unacceptable notion that citizens actually have the right (independent of the charitable whims of pop stars) to an education, health care, and clean water. And, as it turns out, help from a devastating hurricane.

...The history of FEMA is also the history of America's systematic attack on its own government and it provides a lesson for Canadians: ideology - government bad, free market good - makes you stupid and when combined with power it makes you dangerous. In 2003, FEMA was downgraded from a cabinet level position and absorbed by the Department of Homeland Security, its mission refocused on fighting acts of terrorism. FEMA's preparation and planning functions were all but eliminated. The next year, FEMA denied Louisiana's pre-disaster mitigation funding requests, at the same time as the Army Corps of Engineers budget for levee reinforcement in New Orleans was slashed. In 2005, funding for the New Orleans district of the Corps was cut by a record $71.2 million. Especially hard-hit was the Southeast Louisiana Urban Flood Control Project.

...The horror of New Orleans is rooted in the extremes of American individualism. With lots of advanced notice of the terrifying category five hurricane about to hit the city, what did elected officials do? They announced that everyone should evacuate. Full stop. There would be no help. People would have to devise their own private way out of the disaster area. Yet, 35 percent of African American families in New Orleans had no cars. ...Not for America a collectively organized, 'forced' evacuation as in Cuba where last year 1.3 million people were evacuated in advance of a similar category five hurricane. Not a single person died. And when Cuba evacuates people it also evacuates their most valuable possessions so they aren't destroyed.

...There was one glimmer of hope for American democracy in this horrific tale. Journalists began telling the real story, after a predictably uncritical first take. Looking at what was facing them on the streets of New Orleans, how could they not? These were not the embedded, insulated journalists of Iraq and the White House could not control their coverage. Slowly, story by story, American reporters and news anchors began doing their job. For the sake of Americans, and their democracy, let's hope it becomes a habit.

END QUOTE

MORE at: NEW ORLEANS: MAXIMIZING DISASTER

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join