It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cuba, underwater pyramids and ADC

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I think it was Marduk who brought up the 'A' word. Putting words into people's mouths?

For National Geographic to get involved, I think there must be signifigant evidence that it might be more than geology down there. After the discoveries off Japan, who knows whats underwater? It's a shame it's so hard to get at, though I do wonder if that is the only reason we stopped hearing about it.

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I dont know if anyone mentioned this already or not, but half of Cuba is sunk (the bottom half) and many Mayan artifacts have been found surrounding the island. It makes sense since it looks like at one time before some cataclysmic impact, Cuba may have been attached to the Yucatan.

posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Now lets move closer to the Caribbean.----

As I was looking over my Mesoamerican books I noticed an interesting similarity between the patterns on the Temple of Quetzalcoatl and the Temple of Warriors monument at Chichen Itza, which in the northern tip of the Yucatan peninsula. It is accepted that the original Maya site of Chichen Itza was assimilated by the Toltec empire. The ruins of Tula, in Central Mexico, have a similar Temple of Warriors monument, along with a replica of a Chacmool stand. The most outstanding feature of Tula's Temple of Warriors (really known as pyramid B) is the huge stone columns carved out as warriors. They are known as Tula's Pyramid of the Atlanteans. Each warrior carries an atlatl and sheaf of arrows, a butterfly breast plate on his chest, and a solar disc on his back. (This warrior is in the boat in my Avatar, but the picture is too big so you can't see him)

Back to Chichen Itza...

I was going to tell you the connection I noticed between the dual serpents on the Temple of Warriors and the serpent pattern on the Temple of Quetzalcoatl. If you look closely at both serpents you'll notice that they resemble Rattlesnakes. Do you see the three rattlers near the clam shells? Now look at the dual serpents on the Temple of the Warriors and you'll see the three rattlers at the top of the column. One of the rattlers is out of view, it's on the underside of the curve. If this is a representation of the Quetzalcoatl monument or vise versa, then there's something missing on the top portion of the columns at the Temple of Warriors. The feathered serpent (Quetzalcoatl) head is right next to the last rattler and it looks like it could be connected in some way. Doesn't it look like something could fit right on top of the columns of the dual serpents on the Temple of Warriors? I bet you some grandios, gold covered, jewel filled head piece fit on top of those serpent columns at Chichen Itza!

Dual serpent column monument on top of the Temple of Warriors at Chichen Itza

www.anthroarcheart.org...

Side view of serpent columns at Chichen Itza

www.mysteriousplaces.com...

Temple of Quetzalcoatl with alternating plumed serpents and rattlesnake-like heads at Teotihuacan

www.greatbuildings.com...

Atlantean Warriors of Tula in Central Mexico

www.latinamericanstudies.org...

posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by lostinspace

The mesoamericans have legends about a mysterious home land from which they originated and can longer return to because it is no longer there.

Lostinspace,
I wonder if you can provide references to support the above statement. I mean, references to websites concerned with mesoamerica, not websites concerned with proving mesoamerica is Atlantis.

If you're referring to Aztlan, you're just wrong.

Harte

posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Here's one.

Ixtlilxochitl's Legend of the Creation

www.sacred-texts.com...

It is this second catastrophe that that seems to apply to the Caribbean area.

It says that the Toltecs appeared after the first earth was destoyed by "water-sun". The second destruction was by "wind-sun" in which mighty earthquakes shook the world and destroyed the earth-giants.

There is another, but it's just a Codex painting. I have to find a replica on-line to show it.

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Hey did you guys know about these two sites? The second one has Linda M. Howe interviewing a scholar about these megoliths that ADC found. I find his theory really interesting, I would have to read more about it since he just touches the main points, I would like to know more of the background of his theory.

I really thought the sonar pictures and ROV pics were an awesome discovery and I cant understand this being 2007 why Nat. Geo. hasnt jumped all over this since 2001? Great find. I think this is an amazing discovery and I cant believe the US Govt would throw out the baby with the bathwater just because ADC is working with Cuban SCIENTISTS for pete's sake, not communist party members. Really now.

www.timeenoughforlove.org...

www.freerepublic.com...

[edit on 22-2-2007 by Springheel Jack]

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 07:11 PM
link   
They have been already posted in the second page of this thread.
To the sceptics:
Rise of the sea level happens when the polar ice melts.
Any civilization may have thrived 14,200 years ago, may have sunked becouse of the end of the Ice age.

Let's assume we go back to the future 2000 years, when (not where) the global warming failed to be prevented. The people of that time will tell that 2000 years ago an ice age finished!

The todays appartments, cities, roads would be underwater, mostly those near the coastline.

The same can be happening here. Before the end of ice age 12,400 years ago, Cuba could have been a sierra and the megalithic structures we find today could have been cities along the coastlines...

Dragon

[edit on 22-2-2007 by Dragonlike]

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Thanks for the two links. I definitely saw both reports when they first came out. A few years back I did not care for the Atlantis myth and I thought it was just a myth, as with Greek mythology. Then one day I read an interesting story that made me think. From then on it has been an interesting mystery to solve. We read tons of books on the subject and try to weed through the fantasy, to find the evidence that launched the legend.

Here's the order of books that influenced my thinking:

1. Atla -Mrs. J. Gregory Smith
2. Gateway to Atlantis -Andrew Collins
3. Peoples of the Sea -Immanuel Velikovsky
4. Critias -Plato (funny, I searched this out so late)
5. Mesoamerica's Ancient Cities -William M. Ferguson/Arthur H. Rohn
6. The Lords of Tikal -Peter D. Harrison
7. Atlas of Ancient America -Michael Coe,Dean Snow/Elizabeth Benson
8. Atlantis-Mother of Empires -Robert B. Stacy-Judd
9. Myseries of the Mexican Pyramids -Peter Tompkins
10. Atlantis-The Antediluvian World -Ignatius Donnelly

I want to start a discussion about a few images presented by two different authors mentioned above (I will possibly start a new thread on this) because they are the only physical proof that the Caribbean had a geological disaster in the past, as recorded by the Mayans and the Aztecs (possibly the Toltecs). I want to know why one artifact presented can't be rediscovered again when it was found in the 1800's. It was found once and then the site was lost again to human eyes. I have shared this image a few times on ATS but no one has a clue of where the site may be. ATS should make an effort on finding it because we are a WORLD community.
I want to show everyone the second evidence of the disaster but I couldn't find anything on the internet that had it displayed. The author of the book doesn't even mention where it came from on the page it's displayed. The author presents a Bibliography at the end, but it's in alphebetical order. So how am I going to track down a source that way?

These two images, along with the findings of ADC give absolute evidence of a geological disaster in the Caribbean.

What would everyone like to see?
Shall I attach the images onto this topic or shall I start a new thread on?:

"Surviving evidence of the Caribbean disaster -The hunt for their hidden location"

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 10:55 AM
link   
fantastic.
hope there is some more info soon..
even if it would not be part of the original Atlantis culture it surely could show some similarities.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Uncle Joe

plato didnt invent atlan ta, its a olmec ku#e word and really is the amexam empire of the moors that ruled this part of the planet b4 cristobal colon came aross the ethiopian sea called atlantic ocean 2day. platp was a student at he african schools at sais b4 it was called egipt. we built many pyramids up and down the nile and the west coast from alaska down to chile. there r pyramids in georgia and we were all the same people. the french english, spanish etc. gave different names 2 devide and conquer. ta atlan isnt a story but a reality of ta mare, an ta seti- which should tell u why the atlantic was called the ethiopian sea. we have tha ta miami peoples the ta ino people all part of the amexem empire of which atlan ta
was a part. the wa#aw was declared the oldest society even older than egipt and sumaria.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Wow! I am amazed at your findings Anonymous ATS person. I am just discovering what you just said. The Moors and the Basques influenced the Olmecs. Also, the Ethiopians somehow knew about the Caribbean disaster. I believe the rock hewn churches of Lalibela hold the key. The giant cross shaped building is the one that interests me the most.

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 03:35 AM
link   

The Myth of Atlantis

Atlantis was said to have been an island empire the size of 'Libya and Asia put together', founded by the sea-god Poseidon. It possessed a cosmopolitan metropolis, with palaces, royal courts, harbor works and waterways that constantly received sea-going vessels from afar.

For many generations Atlantis ruled the Atlantic Ocean as well as parts of the `opposite continent'. Yet soon the empire set its sights on controlling the lands inside the Mediterranean basin. It was at this point that the fair race of Athens rose up against the Atlantean aggressor and in a decisive naval battle defeated its enemy. Some time afterwards the god Zeus unleashed 'earthquakes and floods' that drowned the Athenian navy and submerged the island of Atlantis in one `terrible day and night'. The date given for this catastrophe is post 8570 BC in Plato's dialogue the Timaeus and 9421 BC in its sequel the Critias.

I have always believed that the stories of the city or island of Atlantis always referred to the Americas. People have had many theories on where Atlantis could of been. All the evidence points to the 'Opposite Continent".

Lets entertain the mainstream Idea that Columbus discovered America. Granted, I would say he RE-discovered America.

What kind of catacalysm hit the globe so hard that we forgot about a whole continent full of pyramids, civilized and indeginous cultures?

Rumours of Cataclysm

Following Columbus' celebrated landfall in the Bahamas in 1492, Spanish explorers heard stories from the indigenous peoples of the Caribbean and Bahamas that spoke of a flood which had devastated the archipelagos. It was said to have split apart a much larger landmass, killing the inhabitants and leaving the many thousands and islands and cays that remain today. Some of these stories include clues which hint at a much greater catastrophe. One from Tobago speaks of 'the ole moon breaking', while others from Venezuela and the Yucatan allude to a period of darkness, fire falling from the sky and the presence overhead of a fiery snake. Had some cosmic impact caused a massive cataclysm that devastated the Bahamas and Caribbean?

In the next picture you can clearly see the submerged land. Science has said that earth flooded 100m-180m around 9-8000bc possibly due to the ice caps melting.

Some theories claim a dramatic destruction of the western hemispehere was more likely and also corroberates with Plato and Bacon's account of the destructiojn of Atlantis.

The Carolina Bays Comet

The presence of around 500,000 elliptical craters, ranging from a few hundred metres to 11 kilometres in size, across the entire eastern seaboard of the United States, from New Jersey down to Miami, is perhaps the greatest clue. Modern theories are that these so-called Carolina Bays (after the states in which they were first noted during aerial surveys in the 1920s) were caused by a comet which entered the earth's atmosphere from the north-west over Alaska and disintegrated into millions of pieces that detonated above the ground, very much in the manner of the small comet which caused the Tunguska event in Siberia in June 1908.

The effects of the catastrophe, some time around the end of the last Ice Age, were extreme. Not only would it have caused a wall of fire and wind, which would have laid flat large areas of Tundra forest and decimated flora and fauna, but the resulting dust clouds would have created a 'nuclear winter' which seems to have resulted in a temporary re-advance of the ice fields that had covered much of North America, Europe and Asia for the previous 40,000 years. Moreover, hundreds and thousands of fragments of the comet falling in the western Atlantic basin would have produced tsunami waves of immense proportions which would have temporarily drowned both the eastern seaboard of the United States and the islands of the Bahamas and Caribbean, wiping out entire populations (a few must have got away to tell the tale, as it told in the creation myths of the indigenous peoples of both Central and North America, and also those of the Caribbean).

Could memories of this cataclysmic event have been preserved across millennia until they were recounted eventually to Spanish explorers that reached in the Bahamas and Caribbean in the wake of 1492? If so, were the same tales told to Phoenician and Carthaginian voyagers who visited these same islands prior to Plato's age? Did Plato come to hear not only of the islands which existed in the outer ocean, but also of the cataclysm which once devastated this self same region? Did it cause the landmass to be inundated by flood waters, splitting it into individual islands - temporarily at first, but then more permanently when eventually the ice fields of North America, Europe and Asia finally began to melt, causing the sea-level to rise by as much as 100 metres? Thus was the sinking of Atlantis a memory of the submergence of both the former Bahaman landmass and the low-lying regions of the Caribbean? Certainly we can say that all this took place around the very same time that Plato tells us Atlantis was destroyed by 'one terrible day and night of earthquakes and floods'. Moreover, if the Caribbean islands did once form part of Atlantis, then it would mean that part of the landmass was still above water today.

www.andrewcollins.com...

Just looking at the area in question you can clearly see the submerged ancient lands.

Interesting is the Bimini wall/road which i believe was a water retention wall as you can that it would of lay along on the ancient water way.

The Aztecs and Mayans have stories were they claim the came from the cuba area before the great disaster.

I am running out of time so i will leave you with a little tid on Cuba.

Cuba's Great Plain

The description of an island plain surrounded to the east, north and west by 'mountain ranges', matches Cuba's western plain that stretches from Havana westwards to Pinar del Río, and is enclosed on its northern and western extremes by the Cord de Guaniguanico mountain range. We also know that until around 9,000 years ago the plain extended southwards, across what is today the Bay of Batabanó, to the Isle of Youth. Here then is evidence of a vast plain, originally 540 by 160 kilometres in extent, drowned, in part at least, during the time-frame suggested by Plato.

Cuba's Cord de Guaniguanico might also be compared with the 'mountain ranges' that Plato tells us shielded Atlantis' great plain from `cold northerly winds'. Between November and February each year, Cuba is subject to bitterly cold winds, known as los nortes, or 'northers', that blow in blizzards from the eastern United States. Although these cold fronts reach exposed regions of the Cuban landmass, the Cord de Guaniguanico completely shields the western plain from the harsh winds, which would otherwise damage winter crops.

Moreover, Cuba has been identified by leading geographers as a mysterious island paradise known as Antillia, or the island of the Seven Cities, said to have laid in the outer ocean according to Moorish, and later Portuguese medieval tradition (and unquestionably borrowed from much earlier Phoenician and Carthaginian sources). More than this, the name Antillia can be shown to derive from the Semitic word root ATL, 'to elevate', which was also the root behind the name Atlas, from which we derive the name Atlantis, 'daughter of Atlas', the term used for an Atlantic island (Atlantides, 'daughters of Atlas', was the plural used in ancient times to denote Atlantic islands in general). In other words, if Antillia was merely a medieval form of Atlantis, then it further confirms Cuba's association with Plato's Atlantic paradise.
www.andrewcollins.com...

I am not asking for this to be debunked but more so ...entertained... for there is alot of information pertaining to the Americas having super civilisations mulitple times before. The hopi claim that the west suffered 3 destructions, flood being the most recent one.

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Plato describes the city of Atlantis or a city of atlantis as circular having rings etc.

Interesting, in Mexico there is a place called... Tiny Mexcaltitan is less than a mile around and sits in the middle of a Nayarit coastal lagoon of the same name. It's said to be Aztlan, the cradle of Aztec civilization and the traditional birthplace of the Mexican people. We'd been hearing how funky the place is, so we decided to venture outside the bay and check it out for ourselves.

Here is a pic.

The Mexicans revere this island as the place they left on their Odyssey to the Valley of Mexico, where they built their Atlantesh called Tenochtitlan (now Mexico City). Notice that the circular shape and canal streets of Mexcaltitán are nearly exactly like Plato's description of the particular "Atlantesh" for which we are searching.

Many patriotic Mexicans want to be buried just off the shores of Mexcaltitán, near the present day coastal village of San Pedro Aztatlán, which most people erroneously call "Aztlán," In Sanskrit, Aztatlán means "Place by the water where the sun sets in the west." However, in Nahuatl it means "Place of Many Herons."
www.viewzone.com...
[FIGURE 8. THE ATLANTESH OF JANITZIO, A VILLAGE LOCATED IN THE MIDDLE OF Lake Patzcuaro, Michoacán.]
www.viewzone.com...

So there seems to be some evidence to support plato story of what atlantis might of looked like. Rememeber, we are talking 10,000- 30,000 b.c possibly.

I understand that this is not cuba but lends creadence to the idea of building practices being shared over the continet and also answers why there isnt too much evidence of a super city in Cuba because if they were at all built like the modern day city pictured above would almost be totally earased if struck by global or a localized inundation.

The finds in Binimi and surrounding are looks promising.

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Wanted to add that Atlantis is in Florida and Atlantis Resort is in Bimini.
Present day names.

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Uncle Joe
Nah, if Atlantis was the hyper advanced civilisation people keep talking about and not a myth created by Plato they would have more sense than to build a city below sea level in an area somewhat prone to hurricanes.

Why would you think that? We fancy ourselves as advanced, yet we build cities below sea level and in areas prone to hurricanes all the time. The planet is riddled with such cities.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 10:57 AM
link   

What goes up, must come down. In due time all fails, all falls.
USA
ROME
ATLANTIS

all in due time my friend.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Keep in mind that sea level has risen 110 feet since 10,000 years ago and 400 feet since 25,000 years ago. All the ancient cities carried the heavy cargo on boats and used water to rid themselves of sewage. They were all on the coast and are now all underwater.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 02:53 AM
link   
The Ancient city of Troy written about by Homer was just such a myth as Atlantis until it was discovered in 1868 by the German, self-taught archaeologist Heinrich Schliemann. Now it is excepted by Archaeologists world wide.

The big problem with Archaeologists is that they don’t like to rewrite there books. Not just as far as Atlantis goes but many other ancient artifacts as well.

I have no problem thinking the Atlantis existed as it explains many mysteries one just has to get past mainstream thinking I think blinkers must be supplied with PhD’s.

You would think they would be all over this find but here we are waiting one wonders if we will believe the results when they finally do investigate this find.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 09:06 AM
link   
They did go to investigate this area back in 2002 it was even backed by National Geographic if I remember right, and nothing has come of it, they went out there with a big fanfare but snuck back and did not speak of their trip. It is obvious they did not find what they thought they would.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by AlienCarnage

The embargo restriction on Cuba probably caused the problem back in 2002. The new changes to the embargo by the Obamas administration may now releave the business restrains it had earlier.

2009 White House Fact Sheet: Cuba Policy

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join