It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cuba, underwater pyramids and ADC

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Hi everyone,

A statement:

"The existence of pyramidal structures deep underneath Cuban waters is verified"

from this article:

www.freerepublic.com...

indicates something interesting.

Has anyone got any updated info on this?

National geographic were supposed to do a 'special report", however I can't seem to find anything...only that national geographic are pretty well funding their next expedition...which is interesting in itself.

Cheers

JS

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Some more info on the city, including markings of sorts etc, for those interested:

www.s8int.com...

Any inside info?

Cheers

JS

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Purely speculation, but what may have destroyed the grand city of Atlantis. Could've been the same destruction we see today in New Orleans. Since we do know that the area is prone to quite a few Hurricanes.

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Nah, if Atlantis was the hyper advanced civilisation people keep talking about and not a myth created by Plato they would have more sense than to build a city below sea level in an area somewhat prone to hurricanes.

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by jumpspace
"The existence of pyramidal structures deep underneath Cuban waters is verified"

from this article: www.freerepublic.com...

indicates something interesting.
Has anyone got any updated info on this?

National geographic were supposed to do a 'special report", however I can't seem to find anything...only that national geographic are pretty well funding their next expedition...which is interesting in itself.

No updates since early 2002, which in itself usually means that they went down there and didn't find any buildings. I seem to recall a planned dive for the area that went out with great fanfare (announcing they would Find Atlantis) and then came sneaking back.

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Gateway to Atlantis

Andrew Collins, with his published work, "Gateway to Atlantis" shows convincing evidence, through 436 pages, that there once was an Atlantis and that the central portion of it was located on Cuba. The book was published in the year 2000 and what makes it real interesting is that the under water images found near Cuba's western tip was discovered in 2001. Andrew Collins did not fund or promote the expedition to map the ocean floor around Cuba. The idea was to find sunken ships with treasure, not to find Ancient & Lost Civilizations. The book is a great read and I advise any who are interested in this fabel to read it. You'll find it in the Speculation section of Border's Books.

www.andrewcollins.com...

www.morien-institute.org...

One Side Scan Sonar image that started the interest in Cuba's Western tip.

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
No updates since early 2002, which in itself usually means that they went down there and didn't find any buildings. I seem to recall a planned dive for the area that went out with great fanfare (announcing they would Find Atlantis) and then came sneaking back.

This cannot be so. A human cannot dive much further beyond 200 feet without experiencing nitrogen narcosis so severe that the person would be unable to function. I believe these structures lie at 600 some-odd meters. While some research submarines have operating indexes up to 600 meter depths, at such depths they are not useful for much in terms of archaeological excavation.

Basically, I think that what we know about the area from sonar imagery is about all we're going to know for several decades to come, and the silence on the issue is a result of our lack of technology for exploring great sea depths in detail.

I do recall reading that some samples were obtained from the site using a research submarine that returned some out of place fossils - fossils of terrestrial creatures that did not belong half a mile below sea level.

In any case, sea exploration at extreme depths is notoriously expensive and difficult.

Zip

[edit on 9/17/2005 by Zipdot]

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 04:27 PM
link   
K-278 Komsomolets has a depth of 1000meters or 3300 feet. It's a Russian Military Submarine.

Alvin (DSV-2) an American Rescue Submarine can dive to 4500meters.

X-1 Trieste reached Challenger Deep back in the 1960's.

600 some odd meters is no major problem for a research submarine. :|

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 05:04 PM
link   
My points were that underwater research is expensive and that the type of archaeological excavation necessary to study this site cannot be done by a research submarine.

Zip

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zipdot

This cannot be so. A human cannot dive much further beyond 200 feet without experiencing nitrogen narcosis so severe that the person would be unable to function. I believe these structures lie at 600 some-odd meters.

Modern deep sea diving suits can allow humans to dive to 600 meters. As for submersibles Alvin can dive to 2,079 meters and they are already planning a New Alvin with a operational depth of 6,500 meters slated to be finished in 2008.

Robots are quickly taken over alot of the jobs preformed by humans in the deep sea though. As often they can do the job cheaper and for longer then any human could.

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 06:14 PM
link   
how far is 600 feet below sea level?? (a map or something)

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 06:25 PM
link   
National Geographic was [supposedly] sponsoring the Russian explorations and promised to reveal whatever it is, but they have become/remain strangely silent on any of the Russian scientists findings.
Perhaps it is just a combination of Castro and Cuba.
On Art Bell he had the female scientist and either she is deranged or else it is a world-changing discovey.IOW, nobody is allowed near there but for her and Fidel?
I doubt if the Atlanteans worried about hurricanes.

Interesting site from a man involved?

andrewcollins.com...

[edit on 17-9-2005 by siriuslyone]

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Screw Fidel fund me I will go get the Atlantis records and trigger the golden apple!

anyone have a link to the so called article "pyramids under bermuda triangle"

It was said that was an newsweek article but i couldn't find it there.

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Thanks for the links people.

So it seems we still have to wait...

...although it would be nice to know when they're going to have some answers to this!

Cheers

JS

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Andrew Collins stated on this link here andrewcollins.com...

"...I emphasised that for the underwater features off Cuba to stand any chance of being accepted as of possible archaeological significance, then their ROVs would have to produce footage which confirmed that any structure found bore clear and unmistakable evidence of being artificially constructed. Individual blocks, whether cut or uncut, and of any shape, were simply not enough, and any walls discovered must be shown to be artificial and not simply a freak of nature..."

Let's say there's really is large step pyramid all in pieces down at 2000ft under the sea. What could possibly remain on that structure to prove it's man made, with the execption of all the blocks scattered on top of one another? They would have to find a complex stone carving that would leave no doubt. If the pyramid called Castillo at Chichen Itza shook to pieces and sank into the ocean, the same problem would stand in its case. A bunch of stones, that look cut and smooth, found on top of each other could be a freak of nature. The very thing that they would have to find, that demonstrates fine craftsmanship, would have to be like those of the Feathered Serpent Columns facing the Chacmool stand at the portal of the Temple of the Warriors also at Chichen Itza. At the base of the columns are large open mouth serpent heads with complex carving details all over. If something like that was found at the 2000ft depth could the fine detail survive the continuous motion of the sand which would rub it out?

Go to this web link to see images I had in mind. The reason why I chose Chichen Itza is because it's the closest to western Cuba.
www.mysteriousplaces.com...

The Feathered Serpent head in the foreground, at the base of the column, with the step pyramid of Castillo in the background at Chichen Itza

You can get better close ups of the head detail on that last linked site.

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by siriuslyone
Perhaps it is just a combination of Castro and Cuba.

Why would Castro have a problem?

Last I checked he allowed people to fly into Cuba.
He allowed people to go scuba diving.
As long as it was checked and cleared through his Government, I doubt there would be a problem although they might wish to search the boat first...but that's no real problem.

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Hi all,

Just thought I'd give an update on this:

www.megalithic.co.uk...

It seems like nothing is happening...

Anyone know of anything else re this supposed sunken city?

Cheers

JS

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Uncle Joe
Nah, if Atlantis was the hyper advanced civilisation people keep talking about and not a myth created by Plato they would have more sense than to build a city below sea level in an area somewhat prone to hurricanes.

New Orleans ring a bell?
just a thought

jt

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Just wanted to add this link to the thread, I didn't see it here.

news.nationalgeographic.com... ities.html

That's the National Geographic story about underwater cities that mentions this Cuban story.

Harte

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Uncle Joe

ummm.....we did.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join