It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aliens and Christianity

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 10:02 PM
link   
There are many biblical reasons for not accepting the idea of intelligent human type life beyond earth. The Bible does not give the slightest hint that extraterrestrials exist. Yet those who believe this often appeal to the Bible. Scripture indicates that God created only two kinds of intelligent species, angels and men. The angelic species are divided into angels who obey God and demons, "fallen angels" that are false representatives opposing him. These want to inhabit bodies so they come under the disguise of walk-ins.
If they were really travelers from another star system. It would take their spacecraft 90,000 years to travel (speed of light) to the closest sun that might have planets. Why would they travel all this way to us, and then keep themselves secret. Why do they not bring the gospel of Jesus Christ and instead substitute an occult one? These are questions that seriously need answers. Not just brushed away as the bible is inaccurate (which it is not). It is ludicrous to think UFOs, with beings that are extremely old and advanced with this kind of technology travel great lengths through space and when they get to earth they engage in kidnappings and a sexual inquisition of humans. This is not advanced Intelligence, but deception. UFOs are nonphysical demonic manifestations. They are interdimensional not from other planets. There are Angels and demons visiting earth, not ET’s. They want us to think this way so that we can accept them as some kind of relative of our species. www.letusreason.org...

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by suzy ryan

Well as much as i admire your ability of blind belief i find it rather disturbing.
you see, if science had not been stamped as heresy during the dark ages we would probably be quite a lot more advanced than we are today.
just look how much electricity changed the world, and how fast, that revolution could probably have happened several times over during the dark ages.
now religion aint bad in itself, but religion gathers people that wants guidance and some of them really do take the book way too litterally,
as in they convince themselves that a god exists, where i think that the original stories, not the ones warped and twisted trough history, but the original ones were more of a moral reminder and some ethical guidelines brought forth from a wise person or ten.

now consider this; if we had a fraction of universal truth for everytime religions screw up themselves, the people involved and the people around them, we would not need even the slightest bit of religion

therefore i long for the day when humanity wakes up and declares religion an epidemic of mental illness.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
reply to post by suzy ryan

Well as much as i admire your ability of blind belief i find it rather disturbing.
you see, if science had not been stamped as heresy during the dark ages we would probably be quite a lot more advanced than we are today.
just look how much electricity changed the world, and how fast, that revolution could probably have happened several times over during the dark ages.
now religion aint bad in itself, but religion gathers people that wants guidance and some of them really do take the book way too litterally,
as in they convince themselves that a god exists, where i think that the original stories, not the ones warped and twisted trough history, but the original ones were more of a moral reminder and some ethical guidelines brought forth from a wise person or ten.

now consider this; if we had a fraction of universal truth for everytime religions screw up themselves, the people involved and the people around them, we would not need even the slightest bit of religion

therefore i long for the day when humanity wakes up and declares religion an epidemic of mental illness.

Hi/

Declares religion an 'Epidemic' of mental illness?
Epidemic of mental illness.......maybe Science can answer this ONE!!!
And so I say, if we had a fraction of universal truths for everytime Science screw up, we would all be living a better life,a cleaner world and fewer deaths as a result of science know it alls.
You see, its not religion that is at fault here, it is mans GREED for wanting more and more.
One needs to search and begin to ask themselves ........''For what has a man Profited,if he gains the whole world , and loses his soul'' You see, all of us shall die,no one shall escape death!

Back to the post.....Aliens and Christianity

Why do alien beings have similar characteristics as to that of Demons?
(This is known amongst early fathers of the church).
The abductions/
The no desire of food/
The whole sexual connotations associated with aliens/impregnating women
The use of words when in contact ....we are the Ancient ones,
OR we come to help you/
Or we mean you no harm/

Why have these U.F.O'S so SUDDENLY appeared in the 19th century(1950's?)....were they Hibernating in Space?

IX
helen

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by helen670

Why do alien beings have similar characteristics as to that of Demons?
(This is known amongst early fathers of the church).
The abductions/
The no desire of food/
The whole sexual connotations associated with aliens/impregnating women
The use of words when in contact ....we are the Ancient ones,
OR we come to help you/
Or we mean you no harm/

Why have these U.F.O'S so SUDDENLY appeared in the 19th century(1950's?)....were they Hibernating in Space?

IX
helen

Several of those "traits" applies quite well to Humanity aswell. On the other side, Maybe Humans are a type of Demons, except for a select few. They would sure fit.
That said, there are ET's that consume food just as any other, and I must disagree with that it is common that they say; "We are the Ancient Ones".

Now, ofcourse they ARE ancient, as they have had a huge part of History, but wouldn't that only make sence that they are, since they have been around for so long? Just like Humans, but even longer?

Oh and UFO's have not been around "suddenly" since the 1950's, they have been around for hundreds and thousands of years.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nightchild

Several of those "traits" applies quite well to Humanity aswell. On the other side, Maybe Humans are a type of Demons, except for a select few. They would sure fit.
That said, there are ET's that consume food just as any other, and I must disagree with that it is common that they say; "We are the Ancient Ones".

Now, ofcourse they ARE ancient, as they have had a huge part of History, but wouldn't that only make sence that they are, since they have been around for so long? Just like Humans, but even longer?

Oh and UFO's have not been around "suddenly" since the 1950's, they have been around for hundreds and thousands of years.

Hi/
So show me aliens eating food?
I dont ever recall of aliens mentioning food or contactees mentioning aliens being hungry or seen eating?
How did you arrive that they do?
''Ancient ones'' in reference to the Bible......and its a fact that this, is mentioned by many 'contactees'.or some other reference to the Bible!
You say Hundreds and thousands of years, YET you show me Western ART of the Theotokos?
This means nothing to me, as Icons displayed have different meanings as to what can see with their eyes.
An Icon is not a picture perfect image or resemblance.
An Icon with Biblical reference has meaning to that of Heaven on earth.
An Icon portrays only a glimpse of what heaven is like....eg/winged lions,angels etc...

Western art is just that!
An art form!

IX
helen

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by helen670

"Devil does not exist,then how can man know what is truly happening.
When Lucifer fell(well,he was sent to a lower heaven,which is Earth)and he took with him all the angels that followed him.....Fallen Angels became DEMONS.
Since the beginning of time we are told that there was a WAR in HEAVEN..Satan was cast down along with his fallen Angels. "

I don't know what to think about that; except I disagree. I do believe in Evil; call it the Devil. If the Devil can make man believe 'it' doesn't exist, and he is cast down on this plane, then he owns this place. This could then be interpreted to mean 'The Devil' has interfered with the bible....As in it is false.

You've got Satan who was cast down, and then you've got seperate fallen angels..... No where does it say the fallen angels are NOW Demons. That is an interpretation; by man.

Further more Satan was thrown down, and bound to this planet; not the angels. This would lean toward indicating Satan has dominion only over this planet, and atmosphere; not the heavens.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by helen670

Originally posted by Nightchild

Hi/
So show me aliens eating food?
I dont ever recall of aliens mentioning food or contactees mentioning aliens being hungry or seen eating?
How did you arrive that they do?
''Ancient ones'' in reference to the Bible......and its a fact that this, is mentioned by many 'contactees'.or some other reference to the Bible!
You say Hundreds and thousands of years, YET you show me Western ART of the Theotokos?
This means nothing to me, as Icons displayed have different meanings as to what can see with their eyes.
An Icon is not a picture perfect image or resemblance.
An Icon with Biblical reference has meaning to that of Heaven on earth.
An Icon portrays only a glimpse of what heaven is like....eg/winged lions,angels etc...

Western art is just that!
An art form!

IX
helen

So because it is art, or more exactly, a certain artform, it is not of importance, is that what you are saying? Tell me, look at the picture, and tell me what you think that the artist thought of, just at the moment when he painted it..?

By all means, you may easily find your own proof of ancient ET-interveening in history, only by reading scriptures such as The Mahabharata or why not the Sumerian Texts, which predates the Bible by atleast 6000 years. Yes, that's right, those scriptures were first. And not only that, but they very thoroughly describes how the being that with time got called "God" or "Yahweh", came from another planet to Earth only to mine gold, and engineered Man as a Slaveworker.

Here, a good and fitting thread for you to read.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by sanchoearlyjones
reply to post by helen670

"Devil does not exist,then how can man know what is truly happening.
When Lucifer fell(well,he was sent to a lower heaven,which is Earth)and he took with him all the angels that followed him.....Fallen Angels became DEMONS.
Since the beginning of time we are told that there was a WAR in HEAVEN..Satan was cast down along with his fallen Angels. "

I don't know what to think about that; except I disagree. I do believe in Evil; call it the Devil. If the Devil can make man believe 'it' doesn't exist, and he is cast down on this plane, then he owns this place. This could then be interpreted to mean 'The Devil' has interfered with the bible....As in it is false.

You've got Satan who was cast down, and then you've got seperate fallen angels..... No where does it say the fallen angels are NOW Demons. That is an interpretation; by man.

Further more Satan was thrown down, and bound to this planet; not the angels. This would lean toward indicating Satan has dominion only over this planet, and atmosphere; not the heavens.

Hi sanch/

Heres a post I wrote on fallen angels awhile back.
Here

Lucifer was cast down on earth.....with him he took those angels that wanted to follow him-fallen angels now become Demons!
Satan means to DECEIVE and the Devil is great at doing this.
He makes one believe that he does not exist.
He also makes people not believe in God.
He is full of lies from the beginning of time.
The Devil does not control the people...he likes to mix the truth so people begin to get ideas(thinking it was their own)and think how wonderful and great their minds are.
So,what is this place where demons reside?
primarily in the air.....this is their domain.
We know this because in Revelation it is mentioned that this will be their greatest deceit that man will believe!

helen

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join