It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who was John Titor?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I have read about John Titor up to page 6 but I don't know if his stories are all that credible. Can anyone tell me about what his predictions are for this year and 2006?

If its true its pretty scary actually.

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Go here :

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Type in John Titor / prediction / etc...

You'll get more than enough information.

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Do you believe him Elevatedone? I want to but not sure if its worth believing.

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Do a forum search for his name, there is probably, literally 1000 articles written on him. Some people think he credible, some don't. I find the story interesting, but is it true? Maybe, probably not, goddess knows...

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Vasilis makes a good statement....

"its a good story"...

but no, I do not beleive John Titor.

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 08:40 PM
link   
It was my interest in John Titor that led me to discover ATS so a big
for him. I started of my quest at johntitor.com and was searching for other material when an ATS page popped up. I loved the Titor story and still sit on the fence as to my belief in it. But regardless of wether you believe it or not it can be a brilliant read and makes you wonder about a lot of things. So heres to you John Titor whoever you are, you will always be a part of conspiracy history.

[edit on 8-9-2005 by Oakley]

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 09:32 PM
link   
The john titor story is false, for a few reasons. One is that it made predictions that would start happening in 2004, or sometimes he said 2005, but that haven't happened, they should've, they're critical to the entire story, but they didn't and won't. Therefore he's a fraud.

Titor submited photographic evidence of his technology, such as a mini-black hole that warped space, thus bending a penlight's beam. Its physically immpossible for this, the light beam might get warped, but so would all the interveneing space, and so would all the light in that interveneing space, yet only the exciting and flashy pic of a curved laser is shown. Therefore titor is a fraud.

Most importantly, the entire story, down to the specific details, excluding the addition of time travel I think, is completely lifted from a fictional book that existed long before the titor story, called cf. Alas Babylon. Therefore titor is a fraud.

Outside, of course, of the fact that he claimed to be a time traveler from a post apocalyptic earth.

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
The john titor story is false, for a few reasons. One is that it made predictions that would start happening in 2004, or sometimes he said 2005, but that haven't happened, they should've, they're critical to the entire story, but they didn't and won't. Therefore he's a fraud.

I know very little about Titor and I'm not sure what to believe. But from the very little I've read I know that he doesn't travel on the same timeline, so predictions could be accurate, but they just as well might fail to happen. I wouldn't base my conclusions on this one.
But I wonder though, what makes the 2004/2005 predictions critical ? The only thing I find critical about his story is him talking about a civil war. And it's bloody obvious he was right with that prediction (he said it wouldn't be your average north vs south in the beginning). But I guess anyone could see that one coming.

Titor submited photographic evidence of his technology, such as a mini-black hole that warped space, thus bending a penlight's beam. Its physically immpossible for this, the light beam might get warped, but so would all the interveneing space, and so would all the light in that interveneing space, yet only the exciting and flashy pic of a curved laser is shown. Therefore titor is a fraud.

Replace physically impossible with not yet achieved and there goes your theory. I find it hard to believe you know what is or what isn't possible in 30 years time.

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 07:27 PM
link   
John is one hell of a fiction writer! Enough said. I think he's great.

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 08:14 PM
link   
if it were an INDY film, I go see it.

Do I believe it? Well, I want to, but I don't at this time.

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Hi everybody. This is my first post on ATS. Been lurking for some time....

Anyways, a couple of things caught my interest on this whole john titor thing...

Now correct me if im wrong, as I have very minimal amounts of knowledge on this whole black hole thing. But, if it was setup as a machine that mounted inside a car, and these black holes were created outside the vehicle... Wouldnt a laser light shine through the window of the car/truck and bend there? It wouldnt bend inside the vehicle right? or wrong?

Also, one thing that got me thinking was the whole part about
"well, to them it only appears as if im gone for a split second..."

Ok.., well doesnt that part kindof shoot time travel out the window? I mean, if time goes on no matter where you are, then if he spent six months or so in a different time, would it not be six months before he returned? Im not sure about that, this is more of a question really...

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shroomery
I know very little about Titor and I'm not sure what to believe. But from the very little I've read I know that he doesn't travel on the same timeline

he claims that the time travel device has something like a "5 percent variation" , so he can be in a slightly different universe. This is absurd. There's a heck of a lot of 'information' in a universe. A 5 percent difference would be taken up by merely having a handful of quarks spinning in the opposite direction, or moving along a slightly different trajectory. But the 5 percent claim is presented as something along the lines of 'in one timeline so and so is president and he does this and that, whereas in the other a different guy is president and he does something else', for example. This is bullocks.

so predictions could be accurate, but they just as well might fail to happen.

If we accept this, then that means its not different if titor is a fraud or real for us, and that there is no way to tell.

But I wonder though, what makes the 2004/2005 predictions critical ?

The 2004 (or 2005) waco incidents are what lead to the civil war and the seperation between town and country, citizen and serf, democrat and republican, government and militia. No waco incidents each month, no militia seperation, no American Federal Empire, no civil war, no premptive nuking of the US by foreign powers because of the war.

The only thing I find critical about his story is him talking about a civil war. And it's bloody obvious he was right with that prediction

How is he right? The country is less divided than in the lead up to the actual civil war, and less divided than during the vietnam era. There's no civil war actually brewing here.

Replace physically impossible with not yet achieved and there goes your theory.

Since you can't replace it, the observation stands.

I find it hard to believe you know what is or what isn't possible in 30 years time.

Its absurd to suggest that space-time and light and everything in existance operates completely differently merely because the earth has moved around the sun 30 or so times. There was no high technology that was in effect in that special effects photo. True enough, we don't have portable black holes today, but I am not saying that that is immpossible. What is completely ridiculous is the idea that the light from a regular laser pointer will magically be bent by the gravity distorting effect of a black hole, but all the other light in the same region won't be effected. Its nonsense. If the claim was that there was a particular device that was made to have that particular effect, of only bending the lasered light waves, then as far as I know thats not 'immpossible' given unknown future developments. If the claim is that space-time and light operate somewhat differently than we understand them to operate today, then I'd agree wholeheartedly, they certainly must. But those aren't the claims. The claim is that a black hole is produced, and then a preposterous special effects photo is presented to support it. All the light in the distorted region should be distorted if the laser light is distorted via space-time distortion

texasconspiracynut
John is one hell of a fiction writer! Enough said. I think he's great

I think he's a poor writer, especially considering that he basically lifted the story line from another book, with I beleive the addition of time travel.
I do have to say tho that I really enjoyed the Titor Episode. You know its not true but while you're reading the chat logs and discussion threads that were first comming out, you're really into it. The authors(s) really need to come forward tho. It wasn't just a single instance, apparently they established some sort of trust or corporate identity that was fronted by lawyers, out of florida no less. The problem is that, apparently, some people, either the original hoaxer/creators or someone else, have been taking it to another level and have been contacting people directly, propagating the hoax. Most people seem to be able tell, given that the story was lifted from a fictional book, that its a hoax. But I'd think that its gone on long enough now that the creators/hoaxers should come forward.

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jay44
Ok.., well doesnt that part kindof shoot time travel out the window?

Thats an interesting point, if he appears to be gone at all, it should be for a while. In reality, he shouldn't appear to be gone at all.

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Now that we've put Sollog in jail, I just want to know who Titor was. I'm not impressed with any of it except the fact he never came clean. Hard to keep something like that from friends. Could be dead. Or in jail.

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jay44

Now correct me if im wrong, as I have very minimal amounts of knowledge on this whole black hole thing. But, if it was setup as a machine that mounted inside a car, and these black holes were created outside the vehicle... Wouldnt a laser light shine through the window of the car/truck and bend there? It wouldnt bend inside the vehicle right? or wrong?

If the gravity created inside his car was strong enough to warp space to bend light it wouldn't just effect a laser beam it would effect everything in the car inculding Titor himself. When your talking about black hole levels of gravity it would be strong enough to crush Titor in a nice paste along with his car. Infact it would instantly absorb all nearby matter.

A Blackhole's gravity increases the closer you get to its singularity. You can't have its gravity start a few feet away from where every the black hole is created. Or better yet have it only effect a laser beams light

[edit on 14-9-2005 by ShadowXIX]

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Doesn't this strike anyone as too "Terminator"? He even threw in the revolt of the machines with "Y2K", and that never happened. Different timeline is like a built in excuse for any prediction that doesn't come true. A quantum loophole.

[edit on 14-9-2005 by GrandCourtJester]

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by RaeB
I have read about John Titor up to page 6 but I don't know if his stories are all that credible. Can anyone tell me about what his predictions are for this year and 2006?

If its true its pretty scary actually.

I will give you a run down on the Titor quotes containing the years of 2004 - 2008. Titor does not make predictions in these quotes. They are not like Nostradamus' quatrains.

No one can really say the Titor story is false, there is no proof of him being a hoax yet.

Starting Titor quotes, 2004 first.............

Titor
This becomes apparent around 2004 as civil unrest develops near the next presidential
election.

The civil war in the United States will start in 2004. Iwould describe it as having a Waco type event every month that steadily gets worse. The conflict will consume everyone in the US by 2012

(Does the events happening in the Middle east concerning the Arabs and Jews have
anything to do with the coming war? I mean to say that since the Jewish population
seems to have quite considerable power now in 2000, would they mount a force against
other countries or am I under the belief that the war will result from the U.S government
election?(among other things).)

Real disruptions in world events begin with the destabilization of the West as a result of
degrading US foreign policy and consistency. This becomes apparent around 2004 as civil
unrest develops near the next presidential election. The Jewish population in Israel is not
prepared for a true offensive war. They are prepared for the ultimate defense. Wavering
western support for Israel is what gives Israel’s neighbors the confidence to attack. The last
resort for a defensive Israel and it’s offensive Arab neighbors is to use weapons of mass
destruction. In the grand scheme of things, the war in the middle-east is a part of what’s to
come, not the cause.

((You say the civil war lasts from 2004 to 2008 and then the short big one in 2015. What
do the years from 2008 to 2015 look like? How long does WWIII last.?))

I’m not sure I said that exactly. By 2008, I would say the civil conflict is pretty much at
everyone’s doorstep.

((Are the Olympics still being played in your time?))
As a result of the many conflicts, no, there were no official Olympics after 2004. However, it
appears they may be revived in in 2040.

The year 2008 was a general date by which time everyone will realize the world they
thought they were living in was over. The civil war in the United States will start in 2004. I
would describe it as having a Waco type event every month that steadily gets worse. The
conflict will consume everyone in the US by 2012 and end in 2015 with a very short WWIII.

((8. John says the civil war which starts in 2004 or 2005 (depending on the post) leads to
the world war which starts in 2015. ( So we have a TEN YEAR civil war???))

It’s 2004. I apologize for a missed key (very observant - we all need good critics). Perhaps
our definition of war is different. I would define it as a conflict where organized groups
engage in maneuver and armed conflict. The first U.S. civil war lasted 4 years and the
English civil war lasted 6. How long is too long?

((You say the civil war lasts from 2004 to 2008 and then the short big one in 2015. What

I’m not sure I said that exactly. By 2008, I would say the civil conflict is pretty much at
everyone’s doorstep. Western instability during the conflict leads to the attack in 2015.
WWIII is very short with a longer period of mop up.

Titor

There is a civil war in the United States that starts in 2005. That conflict flares up and down for 10 years.

I am here for personal reasons. For a few months now, I have bee trying to alert anyone
that would listen to the possibility of a civil war in the United States in 2005.

It is a mistake to give anyone your unwavering belief...but you will find that out yourself in

(How and why do the Arabs Jews become entangled in the civil war of the U.S.A?)
They are not directly involved but political situations are dependant on Western stability,
which collapses in 2005.

((8. John says the civil war which starts in 2004 or 2005 (depending on the post) leads to
the world war which starts in 2015. ( So we have a TEN YEAR civil war???))

It’s 2004. I apologize for a missed key (very observant - we all need good critics). Perhaps
our definition of war is different. I would define it as a conflict where organized groups
engage in maneuver and armed conflict. The first U.S. civil war lasted 4 years and the
English civil war lasted 6. How long is too long?

Your enemy was in the cities. Was the President in 2005 also on the enemy side?
was the President in 2009 on the enemy side? How did you feel personally about these
Presidents?))

The President or ?leader? in 2005 I believe tried desperately to be the next Lincoln and hold
the country together but many of their policies drove a larger wedge into the Bill of Rights.
The President in 2009 was interested only in keeping his/her power base.

Titor

Technology is not gone in 2036 nor is it the private domain of “government” leaders.
Computer printers just didn’t work very well on 12 volts and many people just got used to
doing things the old way. After the war, the main problem was distribution. Can anyone tell
me how many companies in the United States still manufacture bicycle tires today? Anyone
who still has a bike in 2008 will find out.

The year 2008 was a general date by which time everyone will realize the world they
thought they were living in was over. The civil war in the United States will start in 2004. I
would describe it as having a Waco type event every month that steadily gets worse. The
conflict will consume everyone in the US by 2012 and end in 2015 with a very short WWIII.

everyone’s doorstep. Western instability during the conflict leads to the attack in 2015.
WWIII is very short with a longer period of mop up.

Few things that follow.

2004 = civil unrest that leads to civil war by 2008
2004 = no official Olympics after 2004

2005 = he corrects the date of civil war...
2005 = civil unrest leads to world war which starts in 2015
2005 = Western stability collapses in 2005
2005 = policies drive a larger wedge into the Bill of Rights

2008 = civil war is official and consumes everyone in the US by 2012 end in 2015 with a very short WWIII
2008 = Western instability during the conflict leads to the attack in 2015

Notice Titor mentions "Waco type event every month that steadily gets worse" I think we hear about these type of events almost every month. Obviously not apparent to everyone, just shows how well the media and government is in control of things.

When Titor mentions civil war of 2004/2005 he is refering to civil unrest not a full blown war. Not until 2008/2012.

Beware of those who say Titor is a Hoax. They may want you to think Titor is a Hoax so that all this will come true! We can change the future...

Titor

You are able to change your worldine for better or worse just as I am.

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by XPhiles

Notice Titor mentions "Waco type event every month that steadily gets worse" I think we hear about these type of events almost every month. Obviously not apparent to everyone, just shows how well the media and government is in control of things.

When Titor mentions civil war of 2004/2005 he is refering to civil unrest not a full blown war. Not until 2008/2012.

Are you kidding ? Id like to see some evidence of a Waco style event happening every month 2004- present in the USA.

Im not buying the ''how well the media and government is in control of things. '' as a answer as to why there is no media coverage of these mentioned ''events''

They did such a good job of doing that with Waco, Ruby Ridge
I dont remember anything about them in the media at the time of those events and it looked so great for the goverment. They couldnt even cover up Abu Ghraib.

Titors predictions go by and nothing happens and people still make excuses for him. 2008 will role around and Im sure people will say the same thing there really is a civil war going on but the media/goverment is hiding it.

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX

Are you kidding ? Id like to see some evidence of a Waco style event happening every month 2004- present in the USA.

They couldnt even cover up Abu Ghraib.

You have you have to kidding? Just this month we saw plenty of examples in New Orleans! Media and government has learned a lesson since Waco on how to deal with civilians, its more covertly handled now days.

Abu Ghraib really has nothing to do with it in retrospect.

Maybe you should search Amnesty International if you want to go back to 2004. they have reports of hundreds of civilian type events in the US.. Probably about 75% of these civilian type of events doesn't make it to the US media.

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
Titors predictions .

What predictions? Did he make any predictions?

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 05:35 PM
link   
New Orleans a Waco like event ? Hmm.. cant say I see that connection there. Waco a "cult" gets into a show down with the goverment over '' illegal ''weapons. The stand off result in some 70 deaths when the goverment tries to storm the compound.

New Orleans- A massive hurricane strikes the city massive amounts of people have to flee and be evactuated and in the after math looting takes place.

Yeah that was a Waco style event

As for you other events you mention im not going to go looking for them as I never made such a claim.

quote: Originally posted by XPhiles

What predictions? Did he make any predictions?

LOL did John Titor make predictions.. Let me think

Titor quotes

There is a civil war in the United States that starts in 2005. That conflict flares up and down for 10 years.

The civil war in the United States will start in 2004. I would describe it as having a Waco type event every month that steadily gets worse. The conflict will consume everyone in the US by 2012 and end in 2015 with a very short WWIII.

Those sound like foretold events
thats pretty much the definition of the word prediction.

Besides Titor was not even a orginal fraud he had to rip his story off from Alas Babylon for his future US and ripped off Hyperspace for his time travel story.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join