It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homemade saucer, Anyone?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2002 @ 04:35 PM
link   
[voice=armycolonel] Ok People We all know that the Construction of the XM-3 began in 1966 and was a small two-passenger VTOL aircraft of unique design.
Turns on Projector
Click

A single ring fan powered by 8 go-kart engines surrounded the passengers to create the lift required for vertical flight. In 1968, Dr. Moller,
Click

flew the XM-3 in ground effect. This configuration was patented in 1969.
COUGH COUGH[/voice]

Do you think that with some re-designing, modern industrial beefing up and some good intentions we can make a Really Flying Saucer?

[Edited on 9/19/2002 by necro99]

posted on Sep, 19 2002 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Ok, ma old Man sometimes gets a little loaded and thinks he's a friggin astronaut, so what move on!

posted on Sep, 19 2002 @ 04:43 PM
link   
THWACK

I seriously think that our Flying saucer COULD work!
with a small device that moves the blades at a certain angle to move in a direction or another!

posted on Sep, 19 2002 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Wanna make a real saucer? Try using electrogravitic's. Basically your just ionizing the surrounding air around you. Ionize above the craft and create a vaccume, the air under you will want to push into that vaccume, filling it along with your saucer. you can also apply this to any direction of travel including hovering. It's really not hard to build, but it might be abit expensive. I know it is for me
Also, you can add that somewhat new fission engine onto your suacer and travel to mar's in two weeks time!
That what.... Couple hour's to the moon?? Maybe less.

posted on Sep, 20 2002 @ 04:00 PM
link   
when i will know when creating what you said, i will tell you

untill then...

posted on Oct, 21 2002 @ 07:16 PM
link   
its funney all these newbis comin in telling us were all wrong and stuff i think its quite funny

posted on Oct, 22 2002 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Try electromagnetic energized saucers, maybe even ones that can travel in space

www.futurehorizons.net...

posted on Oct, 22 2002 @ 09:30 AM
link   
That's a hilarious website, the psionics section had me in stitches.

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by JamesG
Wanna make a real saucer? Try using electrogravitic's. Basically your just ionizing the surrounding air around you.

I beg to differ that is not electrogravitics, it is electrostatics. It is quite feasable given a powerful enough source of energy. Interplanetary travel is possible since space is not a perfect vacuum.

Electrogravitics is a largely untested and unexplored theory that purports to alter the behavior of gravity in the presence of an intensely powerful electrostatic field. Such electrostatic field must adhere to the basic electrostatic model of an atom, but doing so on a macroscopic scale. By tweaking the field, a reaction to the collective field produced by the surrounding atoms illicits an interaction in such a way as to appear to defy gravity.

A simple mental model should demonstrate the theory. A balloon will rise because of a difference of density with the surrounding environment. Since fields have density, a difference in density will have the same result.

The appeal of electrogravitics over electroastatics lies in its application for possibility of intrstellar flight. A starship employing an electrogravitic propulsion would be able to repel Earth's gravity well, then the Sun's, and eventually the Galaxy's. With a continuous 1G acceleration relativistic velocities could be reached in a matter of days, thus rendering the need for extended spaceflight moot by crossing many light years in a small fraction of ship time.

Braking is done the same way, but as with acceleration the pilots must be careful not to blow a coil. It is harder to brake, since the mass of the destination must be known ahead of time before reversing the engine, else all is lost by a plunge into a star or a terrific slam dunk onto a planet.

It appears I have wandered too far. Anyway you get the picture I am sure. Electrostatics works, and is a component of electrogravitics. Electrogravitics is several magnitudes more complex and capable of much more.

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Quicksilver: Maybe you are. After all you are talking about subjects you cannot prove. So who to say who wrong or rigth. Like your fabricated documents are any less fabricated then his, thats the real joke.

[edit on 11-5-2005 by logic_tank]

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by necro99
Do you think that with some re-designing, modern industrial beefing up and some good intentions we can make a Really Flying Saucer?

Yeah.

Take a helicopter, and make it a saucer. Stupid idea, but nonetheless a flying saucer.

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Ummm....I think they have messed with the idea years ago. Didn't work very well. I think inventing anti-grav technology would be easier than this idea.

[edit on 11-5-2005 by ZeddicusZulZorander]

new topics

top topics

join