It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Troops Rescue Kidnapped Contractor

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 12:44 PM
link   
A spokesman for the US military has confirmed that Roy Allison Hallums. the contractor kidnapped and held hostage in Iraq was rescued by US troops 15 miles south of Baghdad at 11:20 on Wednesday. Hallums had been held since being kidnapped at gunpoint from the offices of his employer in the Monsour district of Baghdad on November 1, 2004.

news.yahoo.com
"I can confirm that," the spokesman said, when asked about reports that a contractor had been freed. He named him as Roy Allison Hallums but had no information about where he was freed.

The U.S. military later issued a statement saying U.S.-led coalition forces had rescued Hallums and an Iraqi citizen from an isolated farmhouse 15 miles south of Baghdad at 11.20 a.m. (0720 GMT) on Wednesday, adding that he was in good condition.

"I want to thank all of those who were involved in my rescue - to those who continuously tracked my captors and location, and to those who physically brought me freedom today," the military statement quoted Hallums as saying.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I cant imagine the joy that this man must be overcome with after being rescued nearly one whole year after being taken prisoner.

The article adds that an Iraqi detainee was the source of information leading to the find of Mr Hallums, which just proves that we are actually learning useful information from detained Iraqis.

new topics

join